Greg Jennings released by Vikings

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jennings just received a valuable lesson that many WR's have yet to learn, but one I think we are all glad Cobb realized before jumping ship........play in a marginal offense with a marginal QB and you become a marginal WR

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
which is why I said, GJ will want, and get more money from someone else, so it's really a non-issue. But skills wise and everything else? Just commenting on how so many act like jaded ex-lovers thinking he could never be a Packer because of what he said on the way out. Well, he could, i'm sure he'd be better than average. But he won't be, and not for any of the reasons the pissed off ex's think. It just comes down to money.

It also comes down to having Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams on the existing roster.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings just received a valuable lesson that many WR's have yet to learn, but one I think we are all glad Cobb realized before jumping ship........play in a marginal offense with a marginal QB and you become a marginal WR

I think marginal front office is the biggest thing at play there

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think marginal front office is the biggest thing at play there

Big picture you are spot on! Some can overcome that though. I'm guessing that after some players sign a big fat contract, they begin to just go through the motions of the team/players around them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It also comes down to having Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams on the existing roster.
I know that, but again, it's about money. If big money wasn't in Jordy and Cobb, they'd probably even be actively trying to bring Jennings back. But there is money tied up and we already have very good talent at the position, BUT if he was signing for a vet minimum contract, I have no doubt having Adams/Jennings as 3rd and 4th options for a year is something that would work out extremely well for us.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is a bum and I've grown tired of his act. He spoke of how the break up with he and the Vikes was mutual and amicable. Yeah Greg, you were sick of cashing huge checks and thought it'd be better trying to catch on somewhere and eek out a 3-4M/YR in a WR3 role. Sure Greg. You should write a book on bridge burning you self aggrandizing puke. I know he does some good things with his charity and I commend him for that but just about everything else in his act is tiresome to me. Let's for a minute act like we need another receiver. Huh. No. Still don't want him! The reality of the situation is we are stacked at WR and the former Vik will only take valuable reps away from Abby and Janis. Adams is the superior player of the 2 so I wouldn't be concerned with him losing anything to Greg. You made your bed 85 so good luck in Cleveland or Jacksonville or wherever you end up at.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's a better chance he ends up a Patriot or a Seahawk than in Jacksonville or Cleveland.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Jennings is a bum and I've grown tired of his act. He spoke of how the break up with he and the Vikes was mutual and amicable. Yeah Greg, you were sick of cashing huge checks and thought it'd be better trying to catch on somewhere and eek out a 3-4M/YR in a WR3 role. Sure Greg. You should write a book on bridge burning you self aggrandizing puke. I know he does some good things with his charity and I commend him for that but just about everything else in his act is tiresome to me. Let's for a minute act like we need another receiver. Huh. No. Still don't want him! The reality of the situation is we are stacked at WR and the former Vik will only take valuable reps away from Abby and Janis. Adams is the superior player of the 2 so I wouldn't be concerned with him losing anything to Greg. You made your bed 85 so good luck in Cleveland or Jacksonville or wherever you end up at.

So you don't like him then ? :D

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jennings, and the part he played in the Championship. There isn't an athlete worth a dime that doesn't think his old team made a mistake in letting him go--so I don't pay much attention to that part of him. He knows he made a mistake in leaving the Packers' offer unsigned 2 years ago. Best of luck to him with whomever he signs with. It won't be the Packers.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings, obviously, mistakenly, thought he was a Larry Fitzgerald or AJ Green talent where he would prosper no matter who was under center. By the time he realized he's just a, well, Greg Jennings, it was too late.

Live and learn, Greg. When TT makes you a generous in-season offer, greed is your worst enemy. Just ask BJ Raji.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So if Lambeau Field is Heaven and Minnesota is purgatory, where does an ex-Packer released by the Vikings go??? The CFL?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So if Lambeau Field is Heaven and Minnesota is purgatory, where does an ex-Packer released by the Vikings go??? The CFL?

He could borrow his Sisters sports bra and blag his way into the ladies league ?

Members online

Latest posts