Greg Jennings Packers HOF: Yes or No

Greg Jennings, do you put him in the Green Bay Packers HALL OF FAME?

• Total voters

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for Jennings to be in the Packer Hall of Fame. His credentials are as good or better than many others who are there.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

" There is no nastiness or animosity between these teams, except for when Randy Moss mooned the stadium."

I really don`t get why this incident was such a big deal ? The Packer fans had ridden the guys back ALL through the game, and the guy scored a winning touchdown !!! When did we become so delicate ??. Agree or not, I believe Randy Moss playwise was one of the best wide recievers to play the game, and while I did not agree with Favre DEMANDING we sign him, he would have made a great addition to our team. JMO

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you forget about the comments that came from his sister last season?

No, but did you forget when I asked you to tell me how his problem with Rodgers. If you're including the things that family and agents say as reasons for not wanting players in the Packer HOF......

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don`t get why this incident was such a big deal ?
I agree that it didn't bother me as much. At the time I already knew that Moss was immature and childish. However, it is probably the single worst thing that a Viking player has done to the Packers or its fanbase in terms of fostering the "bitterness" and hatred that Rizzo was purporting. So while it's nothing like body slamming your rival's star QB, it still was the lowest point of the rivalry with the Vikings.

I still contend that if Moss's episode was the worst that happened, it was more of a limp-wristed slap than a punch to the nose.

I

I agree that it didn't bother me as much. At the time I already knew that Moss was immature and childish. However, it is probably the single worst thing that a Viking player has done to the Packers or its fanbase in terms of fostering the "bitterness" and hatred that Rizzo was purporting. So while it's nothing like body slamming your rival's star QB, it still was the lowest point of the rivalry with the Vikings.

I still contend that if Moss's episode was the worst that happened, it was more of a limp-wristed slap than a punch to the nose.
I don`t mean to insult anybody by my question, I wasn`t there but I read that Tony Dungy even remarked that it no worse than some of our own fans habit of ACTUALLY mooning visiting teams buses. The one reason I don`t see it as a cardinal sin, and maybe its a being English thing I don`t know, we had a similar thing here in the UK with Wayne Rooney scoring a winning goal against Liverpool a few years ago, and this one I DID witness. All through the game the Liverpool fans hurled abuse at Rooney all through the match, it was awful. 2nd minute of extra time, he scored the winner right infront of Liverpool supporters end, the famous "Kop end". He ran to the corner were most of the abuse was coming from and held his hand to his ear in a "I can`t hear you anymore !" gesture. My old man thought this was disgusting, I just laughed. I`m no Rooney fan, but he made his point. That's all I ever thought of the Moss incident. He made a point. JMO of course

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but did you forget when I asked you to tell me how his problem with Rodgers. If you're including the things that family and agents say as reasons for not wanting players in the Packer HOF......
Let me try and be clear here.
Jennings' sister would NOT have ripped Rodgers like that had she not heard her brother Greg say some negative things about Rodgers.

Think about that.
There's no way.

If Greg really loved and respected Aaron, and she knew that, she'd not have put that crap out there.

So yes, I blame Greg. I don't know what exactly was said, but he said something.
Also, you can tell Greg had planned to go to Miami, thinking they'd want him.
But they wanted Wallace more.
So he went with his second choice, which was the Vikings.

He wanted out. He walked out.
That's it.

We move on. He ended his days as a Packer and I don't consider him for the Packer HOF anymore. Simple. He made that bed.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well then, let's examine your point. Here is what his sister tweeted:

Why was that ball under thrown like that, he was wide open make the throw for the receiver!!! Geeez!!” Valyncia wrote. “My God Aaron Rodgers holds the ball forever! GJ was wide open 5x for that touchdown! Goodness he acts like he doesn’t want to throw to him. . . GJ is the only receiver that has to jump in the air with both hands up . . . Aaron Rodgers smh! Had him in the slot wide open no one even covered him! Where is Peyton Manning when u need him! This is utterly pathetic. . . Who can make a play @GregJennings can! He’s the best freakin receiver these clowns got! Now take your talents to south beach & get paid! . . . ARod is the most overrated QB in the league! He is no where near Peyton or Brady! It sickens me, Peyton would avg. 5 TD with this squad!!!”
What part of this screams to you that she heard these things from her brother? About the most I can get out of it is talk about South Beach. However, you state that these connections you've inferred are facts. They are not facts despite your use of them to substantiate your conclusion that Jennings hates Rodgers.

Then to Jenning's wife, his sister also tweeted:
"@Da_mrs_85 I don't freakin care he should have more catches, if this idiot could see the coverage!! Then he holds on to the ball & fumbles!"
It sounds like Jenning's wife was defending Rodgers. I couldn't find her tweet to corroborate that though.

Here is what Jennings said afterwards: http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/01/02/13/Jennings-left-to-explain-sisters-Rodgers/landing_packers.html?blockID=843573
Jennings added that he has talked to Rodgers this week about the comments and that he believes there are no issues between the two. Jennings also said his sister's opinions were not the result of any private comments he's made around his family.

So you've drawn conclusions and condemned a guy for what?

Let's also discuss the obvious point about Jenning's contract. It wasn't extended. That is clear-as-day NFL speak for either: 1) We don't want you anymore, or 2) We don't want to pay what you want. The media was talking long before Jennings that his days in Green Bay were numbered. Yet somehow you again draw the conclusion that "he left." The Packers made a concious decision that they didn't need to pay a #1 receiver like Jennings, who now had an injury history and the team had many other WR options. When your one and only team turns its back on you, and won't even match what other teams are willing to offer, then why wouldn't you leave?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Some people put way too much emotion into stuff. Seems like every thread on this forum is getting hijacked by the same posters who hate each other who then proceed to have essentially the same debate over and over. Deja vu times a hundred.

How many more days until the season starts?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Let me try and be clear here.
Jennings' sister would NOT have ripped Rodgers like that had she not heard her brother Greg say some negative things about Rodgers.

Think about that.
There's no way.

If Greg really loved and respected Aaron, and she knew that, she'd not have put that crap out there.

So yes, I blame Greg. I don't know what exactly was said, but he said something.
Also, you can tell Greg had planned to go to Miami, thinking they'd want him.
But they wanted Wallace more.
So he went with his second choice, which was the Vikings.

He wanted out. He walked out.
That's it.

We move on. He ended his days as a Packer and I don't consider him for the Packer HOF anymore. Simple. He made that bed.
So, no Packer hall of fame because of what his sister said, or the fact that he went to the Vikings.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, no Packer hall of fame because of what his sister said, or the fact that he went to the Vikings.
HOF voters in baseball (and the NFL) have voted no on players who were ****** off the field, or rude to the media.

So yes, Jennings choosing to leave the Packer family despite the team, GM trying hard to keep them and offering them more $ than anyone else would (with the exception of the jealous little grape brothers who are always willing to overpay for former Packers). Overpay meaning more than any other team values the player.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's also discuss the obvious point about Jenning's contract. It wasn't extended. That is clear-as-day NFL speak for either: 1) We don't want you anymore, or 2) We don't want to pay what you want. The media was talking long before Jennings that his days in Green Bay were numbered. Yet somehow you again draw the conclusion that "he left." The Packers made a concious decision that they didn't need to pay a #1 receiver like Jennings, who now had an injury history and the team had many other WR options. When your one and only team turns its back on you, and won't even match what other teams are willing to offer, then why wouldn't you leave?

What if you knew for 100% fact that around training camp in 2012, the Packers DID OFFER Jennings more of a deal then what he got from the Vikings?

Then in 2013 they offered him 8 mill per year and he signed for 9 mill

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ackers-8-million-offer-em96ep8-198638301.html

Sources familiar with negotiations said Jennings had an offer averaging about $8 million from the Packers before he took a five-year contract from the Minnesota Vikings that averaged about $9 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus and guarantees worth $18 million.

In 2012, when Jennings was near the peak of his powers, a source said talks on a multiyear extension ended when he turned down $11 million per year from the Packers, which was far less than the $15 million that he told the team he was seeking.

So in my eyes he decided to leave

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Cheap team, cant afford him....To me she had some knowledge about how much the Packers offered him before training camp

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/media-guide/2012packers_335-592.pdf

Thats Packers history...

He shares records with Players that did make the Packer HOF

Based on just his numbers and that he shares with Driver or etc..He should be elected

I

Excuse me, just placing my tongue firmly in my cheek here, cough, cough. How silly is it to hold a grudge against a player for signing for another team in our division ? :whistling:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOF voters in baseball (and the NFL) have voted no on players who were ****** off the field, or rude to the media.

So yes, Jennings choosing to leave the Packer family despite the team, GM trying hard to keep them and offering them more $ than anyone else would (with the exception of the jealous little grape brothers who are always willing to overpay for former Packers). Overpay meaning more than any other team values the player.

According to the NFL HOF the voters vote purely based on what the player did on the field.

I don't know about baseball, but I do know Ty Cobb is in and he might be one if the worst people to be successful in sports as far as morals and ethics go.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Excuse me, just placing my tongue firmly in my cheek here, cough, cough. How silly is it to hold a grudge against a player for signing for another team in our division ? :whistling:

At this point and time, I have no grudge on Brett and getting into the Packer HOF..Or Greg..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that was his way of getting back at Rodgers for when Rodgers said "Who" when a reporter ask him about Jennings. I would bet that at he first game they shake hands and do the man hug thing football players do.

And after the 2nd game Jennings will be holding onto Rodgers feet saying Ponder is horrible, his passes are always to short

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Well, the Vikings either overpaid or the Packers undervalued his talents. We shall see this in the years to come.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Vikings either overpaid or the Packers undervalued his talents. We shall see this in the years to come.
Yeah and what about the other 30 teams in the NFL?
What about Jennings old OC Philbin in Miami where VALYNCIA (wtf?) thought Jennings was wanted.
Nobody else outbid the Packers. The Vikings are always willing to overpay for the Packer player if they want to steal them.

Funny how that works so well eh?

M

mayo44

Yes, nowadays money is a driving factor, and there is no possible way to know if Arod would have went to another team if offered a better chunk of change, but I am willing to bet that he would not have departed due to a minor change in pay, 10's of millions or more, anyone would, but not for a couple million. Plus our front office aint that damn stupid.

So there's no possible way for me to know that Rodgers would leave for better pay, but it IS possible for you to know he wouldn't? How's that work, exactly?

And what about Reggie White? He played for Carolina when Green Bay wasn't willing to pay him. I guess he's a chump too?

Fact is that the Packers were NOT going to pay Jennings due to our depth. The idea of hating him for playing for someone willing to pay him is pretty low and petty.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts