Greg Jennings continues to get disrespected in the top 100

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the latest episode of the TOP 100 of the 2011 Players...They continue to ask WR's about other WR's...Roddy White was asked to compare himself to Greg Jennings..he basically said look at the stats... OK...let's look at the stats of Greg Jennings compared to just a few of the 14 WR's picked ahead of him on this list which was assembled by the "players." If that is truly the case then Jennings can truly play with some added motivation knowing his peers don't see him as one of the games best...and by games best receivers I mean top 5 minimum...so I put together this from NFL.com real quick..check out the comparative stats.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and Greg Jennings has never coughed up the ball to the other team in his career...unlike the guys ranked ahead of him

GaryGnu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The list is stupid and pointless anyway. It wouldn't be news if there wasn't a lockout.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the latest episode of the TOP 100 of the 2011 Players...They continue to ask WR's about other WR's...Roddy White was asked to compare himself to Greg Jennings..he basically said look at the stats... OK...let's look at the stats of Greg Jennings compared to just a few of the 14 WR's picked ahead of him on this list which was assembled by the "players." If that is truly the case then Jennings can truly play with some added motivation knowing his peers don't see him as one of the games best...and by games best receivers I mean top 5 minimum...so I put together this from NFL.com real quick..check out the comparative stats.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and Greg Jennings has never coughed up the ball to the other team in his career...unlike the guys ranked ahead of him
Uhm. Actually, he did. I think twice. One I remember specifically, him dropping a sure TD, which ended up being an INT, in the second Lions' game last year. I'm pretty sure he did another one before, but I don't remember...

Still, I agree with the main point. Jennings right now is better than the guys you mentioned. Maybe not Roddy White, but he's better than Wayne and Jackson. Wayne is old and only works on the outside. Jackson is too frail and can only run a couple of routes.

Jennings excells everywhere on the field, and, as we learned last season, is also one heck of a clutch player.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, who cares about stupid lists. Jennings has a ring, and caught multiple TD passes in the Super Bowl. The same cannot be said about anyone else on that list except for Wayne. That alone is enough for me.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to know who had some of these people in their top 20 to begin with...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Joe Thomas

Michael Turner

Flacco

Lot of players that imo should be higher but are not..Its not an exact science...Could it be that the players dont feel Jennings is better then those others?

Hell Ben is in the 40's, and the guy has 2 SB rings and went to 3

Reaction score
Joe Thomas

Michael Turner

Flacco

Lot of players that imo should be higher but are not..Its not an exact science...Could it be that the players dont feel Jennings is better then those others?

Hell Ben is in the 40's, and the guy has 2 SB rings and went to 3
Ben Roethlisberger should be lower. He's a good qb not a great qb. You can say as much as you want about the superbowls. He played pretty good in one of them which was the arizona superbowl. The packers and seahawk superbowl he did more harm than good.

Attempts/Completions: 9/21
Passing Yards: 123
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 0/2
Passer Rating: 22.6

That's his seahawk superbowl. Absolutely terrible and he still won a superbowl. He is a good qb that happens to play for a great team. If he had to lead the team instead of the team bringing him along. He wouldn't be as successful.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
PackersRS
Originally Posted by Matty Flynn
If Matt Flynn isn't higher than #1 imma gonna riot
Woah woah woah. Easy with the rioting there! This isn't Canada! (too soon?)

There is no way that this is too soon. Loved it. I'm even from Canada. Vancouver thinking they are European futbol fans.
I also heard Matt Flynn is the one who killed Bin Laden by pushing the bullet through his head with his mind.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ben Roethlisberger should be lower. He's a good qb not a great qb. You can say as much as you want about the superbowls. He played pretty good in one of them which was the arizona superbowl. The packers and seahawk superbowl he did more harm than good.

Attempts/Completions: 9/21
Passing Yards: 123
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 0/2
Passer Rating: 22.6

That's his seahawk superbowl. Absolutely terrible and he still won a superbowl. He is a good qb that happens to play for a great team. If he had to lead the team instead of the team bringing him along. He wouldn't be as successful.

My point on Ben was the fact he is the q/b of a team that went to 3 SB in 8 years...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as a Packers fan, that doesn't bother you a little that his peers don't respect his game? It bothers me

How do his peers not respect his game? You could only vote for 20 players. Jennings isnt a top 20 player in the league, I think even most Packer fans would agree with that. Because of the way the voting was set up its very easy for random WRs to jump another player.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as a Packers fan, that doesn't bother you a little that his peers don't respect his game? It bothers me

No, why should it? What do I care if other players on other teams under-estimate or under-appreciate his ability, talent and value? I don't need their approval to validate the opinion I have of Jennings.

I think people put way too much stock into the opinions of others.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do his peers not respect his game? You could only vote for 20 players. Jennings isnt a top 20 player in the league, I think even most Packer fans would agree with that. Because of the way the voting was set up its very easy for random WRs to jump another player.

Yup, exactly. It's Top 100 PLAYERS, not wide receivers.

There's a myriad of things to factor with regards to other skill positions, and while Jennings is a top 5 RECEIVER in this league, he's not a top 20 PLAYER. Not when you have guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Derelle Revis, James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson and countless others still on the board.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone care to guess the top 20 players?

Rodgers is #11. We know that from the preview show.

#1- Tom Brady
#2- Peyton Manning
#3- Drew Brees (Living off last season's success. It happens.)

After that I have no friggin idea. There's a lot of great players who could fall either way.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scrabble, matthews, reed, lewis, troy p, ware, vick, fitz, andre Johnson, revis, ngata, and peterson are the ones that comes off the top of my head.

oh and chris johnson and woodson.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, why should it? What do I care if other players on other teams under-estimate or under-appreciate his ability, talent and value? I don't need their approval to validate the opinion I have of Jennings.

I think people put way too much stock into the opinions of others.

I think ur full of it that it doesn't bother u...not even a little bit..cmon...

sent from my rooted evo4g

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, exactly. It's Top 100 PLAYERS, not wide receivers.

There's a myriad of things to factor with regards to other skill positions, and while Jennings is a top 5 RECEIVER in this league, he's not a top 20 PLAYER. Not when you have guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Derelle Revis, James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson and countless others still on the board.
Have u been watching??? they ranked 14 receivers higher then Jennings

sent from my rooted evo4g

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts