Greetings from Packer Outpost in Midlothian, Virginia! Need some help . . .

Hetuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Packers fan for 54 years and only seen the Packers play five times - but, alas, never in Lambeau! Now my bucket list time has arrived. My son and I are coming for the Oakland game next month and it will likely be my first and ONLY trip to Green Bay (too old and too poor to think I'll get another shot). We have game seats, flights, and a hotel (on the bus loop), but I really, really need to maximize my time there (only about 36 hours).

We'll get to Green Bay on Saturday mid-morning, and of course we'll go on the stadium tour and visit the hall of fame --- but I need to know, with only one visit there, what are the absolute must-see places (restaurants, tail-gates, picture spots, unique historical crap - any of it that I can cram into my short time in Green Bay.

Also, I can either leave Sunday after the game (fly out of O'hare late morning on Monday), or can stay over Sunday night if I can get some advice on drive times to Chicago the next morning (plane leaves at 11:00).

Any advice will be appreciated and I can't wait to finally see Lambeau!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome!

Dining: titletown brewery. 1919 (in Lambeau), and Hinterland

Gameday: get to stadium and just walk around. Bars to the south are crammmed and live bands. Fun everywhere.

Leaving: easier to go Sunday night. Traffic sucks in Milwaukee and Chicago. The normal 4 hrs off time is 7 hrs with rush hour traffic. Personally, i would get drunk at the game, go to sleep after the game. Wake up at 4am and go. Thats MKE at 6:30 am and hitting Chi at 730. Should put you at OHare at 930 with bad traffic.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
312 Cherry Street, birthpace of Packers plaque

Krolls for bugers
Wally's Spot for Wisconsin Supper Club experience.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've been a Packers fan for 54 years and only seen the Packers play five times - but, alas, never in Lambeau! Now my bucket list time has arrived. My son and I are coming for the Oakland game next month and it will likely be my first and ONLY trip to Green Bay (too old and too poor to think I'll get another shot). We have game seats, flights, and a hotel (on the bus loop), but I really, really need to maximize my time there (only about 36 hours).

We'll get to Green Bay on Saturday mid-morning, and of course we'll go on the stadium tour and visit the hall of fame --- but I need to know, with only one visit there, what are the absolute must-see places (restaurants, tail-gates, picture spots, unique historical crap - any of it that I can cram into my short time in Green Bay.

Also, I can either leave Sunday after the game (fly out of O'hare late morning on Monday), or can stay over Sunday night if I can get some advice on drive times to Chicago the next morning (plane leaves at 11:00).

I can hear the excitement in your typing and I REALLY hope you have the time of your life. There really and truly is something different and special about the Lambeau gameday experience.

There will be enough in the stadium district to occupy 36 hours - you HAVE TO START WITH the earliest stadium tour they offer. I believe you can buy the tickets online at either the Packer Pro Shop online or the Packers Hall of Fame site.

That brings me to the #1 must. The Packers Hall of fame in Lambeau. There is just something about seeing game balls used in games that happened before most NFL teams existed.

I've been to so many games that the game experience is kinda lost on me as an old man, but my son picked up right where I left off.

You sound like a football guy - I'd advise getting all the time you can at the stadium. The place is where football is SUPPOSE to be played and you'll know what I'm saying when you walk up the ramp from the concourse. Lambeau Field, Wrigley Field and Fenway ... in that order.

Welcome to the forum.

Reaction score

I don’t have any advice about Lambeau, but stay away from the Adverser Dr/Old Buckingham triangle in Midlo. I lived in an old farmhouse on that property and there was an old graveyard in the back in the woods (now DSW?). They tried to remove the small 200 year old family cemetery but it was a rainy Good Friday and much mud slop (true story I witnessed it)
It could be the next Ammityvile horror. ;) That parts a bit fake.

Anyway, to sanctify the home they tore down for that shopping center, I had a wild tearing down the house party that rivaled John Belushi in Animal House but without the Toga feel. Once the C’field po po showed up we called it (thankfully my roommates daddy was their Sargent), a little too rowdy I suppose. They nearly changed the State motto and bumper stickers from “VA is For Lovers” to “VA Loves a good party” :cool:

In all seriousness, Have fun in Titletown it’s a blast.
I miss the old Commonwealth. Go Spiders!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hetuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t have any advice about Lambeau, but stay away from the Adverser Dr/Old Buckingham triangle in Midlo. I lived in an old farmhouse on that property and there was an old graveyard in the back in the woods (now DSW?). They tried to remove the small 200 year old family cemetery but it was a rainy Good Friday and much mud slop (true story I witnessed it)
It could be the next Ammityvile horror. ;) That parts a bit fake.

Anyway, to sanctify the home they tore down for that shopping center, I had a wild tearing down the house party that rivaled John Belushi in Animal House but without the Toga feel. Once the C’field po po showed up we called it (thankfully my roommates daddy was their Sargent), a little too rowdy I suppose. They nearly changed the State motto and bumper stickers from “VA is For Lovers” to “VA Loves a good party” :cool:

In all seriousness, Have fun in Titletown it’s a blast.
I miss the old Commonwealth. Go Spiders!

FYI - On that same site they built an apartment complex that has had two major fires with multiple deaths since it has been built, so maybe the curse is real.

OP
OP
H

Hetuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can hear the excitement in your typing and I REALLY hope you have the time of your life. There really and truly is something different and special about the Lambeau gameday experience.

There will be enough in the stadium district to occupy 36 hours - you HAVE TO START WITH the earliest stadium tour they offer. I believe you can buy the tickets online at either the Packer Pro Shop online or the Packers Hall of Fame site.

That brings me to the #1 must. The Packers Hall of fame in Lambeau. There is just something about seeing game balls used in games that happened before most NFL teams existed.

I've been to so many games that the game experience is kinda lost on me as an old man, but my son picked up right where I left off.

You sound like a football guy - I'd advise getting all the time you can at the stadium. The place is where football is SUPPOSE to be played and you'll know what I'm saying when you walk up the ramp from the concourse. Lambeau Field, Wrigley Field and Fenway ... in that order.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the advice. We're driving up in the morning from Chicago and will get the first tour we can. Can we park right at the stadium on Saturday while we're there? And is there a classic restaurant nearby we should hit?

One last thing - we're on the bus loop to get to the game, but how early should we go? Is there a lot of stuff happening right around the stadium before kickoff?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. We're driving up in the morning from Chicago and will get the first tour we can. Can we park right at the stadium on Saturday while we're there?
Yes
And is there a classic restaurant nearby we should hit?
Krohl's on the west side of the stadium. Used to be cash only. I don't know now. Titletown district and the Atrium also have food spots. East is Bret Favres, Stadium View. All within walking distance. Nightlife will pack Holmgren avenue area between Green Bay distillery and Stadium View.
One last thing - we're on the bus loop to get to the game, but how early should we go?
Inside the Stadium at least an hour before gametime. Find your seats and then walk the concourse for the entire experience. Don't necessarily grab the first food but do get the beer as the pricing is basically the same.
Is there a lot of stuff happening right around the stadium before kickoff?
Bands and corporate tailgates and local tailgates. Spend at least an hour for this before going in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts