Greetings from Ireland

TheIrishCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packer Nation!

I'm an avid Green Bay Packer fan from Ireland and I've been following the Packers ever since I was a kid and watched the 1996 NFC Championship game against the Carolina Panthers.

I (briefly) lost interest in American Football, as we call it over here, but regained it when I took it up in college and began playing. It was then that I truly recognised the wholesomeness and history that is at play in Green Bay. The iconic history of the Packers (Lombardi, the Ice Bowl, Bart Starr, the black and blue battles against the Bears) and the unique status it enjoys as being a small town team and the only team still owned by it's fans is remarkable in a league where franchises abandon their towns.

Be grateful for what you have in Green Bay. There is no other team like it in American professional sports.

TheIrishCheesehead

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WELCOME!!!!

Please post often as it is a treat to get a perspective from someone across the big pond

OP
OP
T

TheIrishCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WELCOME!!!!

Please post often as it is a treat to get a perspective from someone across the big pond

Appreciate it. I'll try my best!

Welcome to the forum. How is it watching those packer games at like 2am??? :)

Thanks. It's great! It makes it feel like I'm putting in an effort. It can be hell the next morning but, my is it worth it! :happy0005:

Staff online

Members online