Greetings from across the pond !!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to meet you Mate and happy to have you on board. Looking forward to the boys winning the World Cup in Germany this summer and hope you keep us informed. Cheers. Woops, must say to my Packer friends that when it comes to world football I am an England Supporter all the way. Sorry but that is home of the game gents. :wink:

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Nice to meet you Mate and happy to have you on board. Looking forward to the boys winning the World Cup in Germany this summer and hope you keep us informed. Cheers.

No probs mate, yes Germany will be good. will certainly make the off season go a little quicker !!

Just started saving for next seasons trips th GB. had a month there last year, saw 4 games

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ghost,

Just to let you know. This post may get moved to the Introduction board as it was your first post ( not sure on this ) but if it is gone when you come back, you will acleast know where to find it.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Ghost,

Just to let you know. This post may get moved to the Introduction board as it was your first post ( not sure on this ) but if it is gone when you come back, you will acleast know where to find it.

Thanks for that matey, my bad posting it here !!! :roll:

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Grey_Ghost... Glad to hear that "cheeseheaditis" has spread to the UK... I hope you find our site here, fulfilling if you are a Packer fan. We really enjoy it here... most of us live and die Packers football.

I was noticing your Wisconsin Badger avatar... If you want some more Wisconsin logos or the like, let me know. I keep a lot of the college teams on many 3 1/2 in. floppies... Just holla and I'll email em to ya...

Again, welcome mate... glad to have ya aboard... :welcome:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga said:
TOPackerFan said:
A month!?!?! You must be retired (just kidding).

I say a month it was 24 nights, saw the Browns,Bucs and Saints at LF an the road game in Carolina. takes upall my holidays but my job is kinda high pressure so its good to get a long break :wink:

I was only kidding. BTW, love the avatar.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Gray!!! When you said "Across the pond".........i thought you meant LAKE MICHIGAN!!! :wink:
My ancestors are from South Staffordshire. (I've never been there,.....but would LOVE to see it!)

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Welcome Gray!!! When you said "Across the pond".........i thought you meant LAKE MICHIGAN!!! :wink:
My ancestors are from South Staffordshire. (I've never been there,.....but would LOVE to see it!)

Really, thats cool,

funnily enough I'm going to Stafford today !! where abouts ? i'm sure I've got some photos or soccer programmes I could mail you.let me know

To everyone else, thanks for your welcoming words !!! and GO PACK !

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the packerforum Gray _Ghost of _ Gonzaga-- from UK, from a very long time (Life time) Packer fan, located in DePere, Wi. just five miles from Lambeau Field. How come you decided to use the nickname of Tony Canadeo for your user name? As you probably know, he was the first 1,000 yard running back in Packer history and I believe, one of the first in history of the NFL,.. Tony decided to live in Green Bay after his playing days were over. I was a youngster growing up on the east side of Green Bay in 40's & 50's , just 4 blocks from old City Stadium, when Tony was a running back for the Packers. He and QB Tobin Rote were boy hood heroes of mine. Look forward to your postings. Any Packer fan who travels all those miles, and as many times a year , to see a Packer game ,as you do,is a real Packer fan. I would consider a privilege to meet you, when you are in Green Bay.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the problem Gray...........my great grandparents were from over there, but i have NO idea exactly WHERE! I have tried to trace my family history, but i can't seem to find out anything about them. All i have is, my Great Grandpa was named Joseph Dudley Smith, born Dec. 14th 1867, his parents Richard Smith born around 1840 his Mom, Jane Dudley about 1842.
My Great Grandma, was Mary Vedder Brousseau, born Oct. 5th 1873.
I wish i could come up with more info, but i have tried all the ancestry places i can think of, and get no where! I wish i could find out more about them, and their family history. I don't know exactly when they moved to America, but it had to be before my Grandfather was born, which was 1905.

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will just say this... my grandmother (who passed away about 4 years ago this March) was born in County Roscommon Ireland in 1911...

Also Grey Ghost- let me know if you would like the other avatars that I have of the University of Wisconsin... PM me if you are interested...

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
Welcome to the packerforum Gray _Ghost of _ Gonzaga-- from UK, from a very long time (Life time) Packer fan, located in DePere, Wi. just five miles from Lambeau Field. How come you decided to use the nickname of Tony Canadeo for your user name? As you probably know, he was the first 1,000 yard running back in Packer history and I believe, one of the first in history of the NFL,.. Tony decided to live in Green Bay after his playing days were over. I was a youngster growing up on the east side of Green Bay in 40's & 50's , just 4 blocks from old City Stadium, when Tony was a running back for the Packers. He and QB Tobin Rote were boy hood heroes of mine. Look forward to your postings. Any Packer fan who travels all those miles, and as many times a year , to see a Packer game ,as you do,is a real Packer fan. I would consider a privilege to meet you, when you are in Green Bay.

Hello there, wow,thanks for your message. It would be a privilage to meet you too sir.

Number 3 is just a hero of mine who epitomizes the spirit and tradition of our fine organisation. I have a Gray Ghost jersey which I wear with pride always.

My buddy Todd who lives 15 mins walk from LF normally meet for games and stroll to the stadium on gameday.Its unreal,I've met that many different people on that walk.

I feel excited when I meet a Lambeau ******, you try and explain the feeling you get when you walk into the bowl !!!.

You are so lucky to live so near. I'm 32 and in 10-15 years I'll be in a position to maybe retire to GB. (unfortunately if you're British you cannot get a green card !!)

until then its an annual pilgrimage for me. I'm just lucky my job pays enough and gives me the time off to do it.

anyway please keep in touch, and a cold one or two is in order next season !!

till then, take care

Dan

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
PackerCoz said:
I will just say this... my grandmother (who passed away about 4 years ago this March) was born in County Roscommon Ireland in 1911...

Also Grey Ghost- let me know if you would like the other avatars that I have of the University of Wisconsin... PM me if you are interested...

I'd really like some. many thanks.

I'm going over to the emerald isle next week. A buddy is over from New Orleans so we're drinking some of the black stuff and putting the world to rights !!

Members online

Latest posts