1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Greetings from a Hawk fan

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by F-12CHawk, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I think we see alot of Jenkins in this game with KGB snaps limited a bit more.

2. Aaronstory

Aaronstory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not when 10.5 of his 14.5 sacks came in home games. And of his 4 road sacks, three were against the Rams, who had just about the worst o-line in football this season due to injuries.

Check it.

3. PappyVanWinkle

PappyVanWinkle Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kerney made his bones on the weak NFC West, and at home. We get about double the QB pressure (sacks, hurries, whatever) at home, so it will be a pleasant surprise (for Hawk fans) if our front four is able to pressure #4, and even more so if we hear Kerney's name all day long.

4. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If they do get pressure you know brett will start getting getting rid of the ball quick and just let the receivers get that yac. They are kinda good at that.

5. PappyVanWinkle

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, well, that was kind of my next thought; that simply pressuring #4 isn't always enough, knocking him down isn't always enough, hell, even making him have a bad game on his own hasn't always been enough. We will see I suppose.

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right. What you really need to do is get out to an early lead and sit back and play coverage. Brett has a tendency to get frustrated when this happens and starts forcing things, which often leads to turnovers.

7. F-12CHawk

F-12CHawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here. If the Pack win Saturday, I will root for them to beat either Dallas OR NY. I hate em both! I want Seattle to beat GB so bad its not even funny. But IF WE LOSE....I wanna see Favre hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

8. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to see Cowboys get embarassed. I want to see T.O. blow up. I want to see Romo and Jessica rode out of town on a rail. I want...... I want....

Never mind.

I just want Greenbay to make a trip to the Superbowl. I think our chances are extremely good. But... If by some strange twist of fate it doesn't happen then I guess I can cheer on the Hawks. I will hate them for about a week then I'll get over it. I kind of like Hass.

9. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Packers lose, I wanna see the colts win 8)

10. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Enough of this "if the packers lose..." crap. We're gonna win and that's that.

11. HawkBeliever

HawkBeliever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man, thats also an uncanny description of Hasselbeck.

12. PappyVanWinkle

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, makes you wonder where he might have learned that...

13. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wakka wakka wakka! :)

14. HawkBeliever

HawkBeliever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :) Well, I am hoping that the grasshopper might out do the master this weekend. It would be one of those bittersweet rites of passage, like when a son beats his dad in a basketball game for the first time... Heres to hoping...

15. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That being said, they're both fantastic starting QB's in a league where 75% of teams are searching for "their guy" every offseason. Both guys have been asked to carry the load, Brett at the beginning of the season, and Matt at the end of the season. I have the utmost respect for both of these quarterbacks, they're both stand-up guys, and they're both the most important player to their respective teams.

16. F-12CHawk

F-12CHawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hawks lead the league in fewest missed takles. Un-official stat..I know. But still something to ponder. We also have a very good trio of LB's which should take away a little of that shallow zone that Brett and co. have utilized very well this season.

17. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Un-official stat. We have the most broken tackles by a punter, and pull the most people out of the pile by their legs.

18. PackFanTrav

PackFanTrav Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought you meant A.J Hawk not the Seahawks, I didn't no there were real fans of a team that has never won a Superbowl.

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    indeed we do.

20. PappyVanWinkle

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, it might be unoffical, but for many players, making a tackle is like hittting a mid range jumper; some of them are good at it, some can't do it at all, and some pass on it to go for the slam dunk and either make SportsCenter or get blocked by the rim...and still make SportsCenter.

21. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't usually get a lot of local TV/Radio stations covering the Packers up here in Toronto, but this week quite a few people have been talking about the Seahawks/Packers game. Mainly because a lot of people think this is the game where the underdog will win.

There is a local radio host by the name of Bob McCown ripped the Packers. I mean TOTALLY ripped them. He said the Packers had little talent, and the only way they got to 13-3 was by marginal players having career years.

Talk about ripping the Packers, most people here seem to think the Packers are the worst team to ever qualify for the playoffs.

22. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool! I want people to think that so it is that much sweeter when we destroy the Seahawks tomorrow!

23. PappyVanWinkle

Ratings:
    +0
    No offense, but you are listening to a Canadian sports guy, saying ANYTHING about AMERICAN Football? Tell him to go watch Curling or something.

24. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol:

Hey, it was during rush hour while I was driving. The only other stations that were viable options were the news or hockey. Seeing as I wasn't interested in listening to the news at that time, and the Maple Leafs get covered every day in Toronto, listening to that guy was the best choice.

Quite honestly, I was surprised. He seemed pissed, as if he was cut by the Packers.

25. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Should I fear someone whose highlights all come against offenses led by Alex Smith, Kurt Warner, and Marc Bulger?

Maybe I should be scared of mediocrity.