Greetings from a Hawk fan

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats up Cheese heads!
Im obviously new here. I come in peace. Just looking for some intelligent football talk. Talking with Redskin fans last week was just down right painfull! They bashed our 12th man like there was no tomorow and dubbed every Seahawk fan "ignorant" for being over the whole Sean Taylor thing. They beat him over our head the whole week and guaranteed victory with him looking down over them. Basically discredited our home field advantage completely!
I have a good feeling about you guys though. Hopefully you guys can give me some real reasons why you feel optimistic for the game Saturday. I too feel optimistic about my Hawks coming into vaunted Lambeau Field! Our defense has been stellar lately. Have you guys heard anything up there of Pat Kerney this season? Dude, is a MACHINE! The Pack will have to game plan for him. Washington had him triple teamed last week and he still got pressure on Collins!
Getting pressure on Lord Farve will be our main focus. If we can get him moving around in the pocket and hopefully get him to be the "gun slinger" that we all know, we may be able to get a pick or two! This game will come down to turnovers. Whoever has less...wins. What do you think? 8)

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Whats up Cheese heads!
Im obviously new here. I come in peace. Just looking for some intelligent football talk. Talking with Redskin fans last week was just down right painfull! They bashed our 12th man like there was no tomorow and dubbed every Seahawk fan "ignorant" for being over the whole Sean Taylor thing. They beat him over our head the whole week and guaranteed victory with him looking down over them. Basically discredited our home field advantage completely!
I have a good feeling about you guys though. Hopefully you guys can give me some real reasons why you feel optimistic for the game Saturday. I too feel optimistic about my Hawks coming into vaunted Lambeau Field! Our defense has been stellar lately. Have you guys heard anything up there of Pat Kerney this season? Dude, is a MACHINE! The Pack will have to game plan for him. Washington had him triple teamed last week and he still got pressure on Collins!
Getting pressure on Lord Farve will be our main focus. If we can get him moving around in the pocket and hopefully get him to be the "gun slinger" that we all know, we may be able to get a pick or two! This game will come down to turnovers. Whoever has less...wins. What do you think? 8)

Welcome to the site Hawk! I am not a Cheese head, but I am most definately rooting for the Packers the rest of the way.

Unfortunate for your team that they are not playing against Todd Collins this weekend. They are playing against one of the best QB's in the game. Brett Favre. That is why Saturday will end in defeat for your beloved Hawks. There is always next year. I have been saying that my entire life. You has better get accustomed to it also. Good Luck!

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Whats up Cheese heads!

Of course we have heard of Patrick Kerney, he led the NFC in sacks this year...Have you heard of Aaron Kampman, who has 28 sacks the past 2 years? I agree this will be a good matchup, 2 teams who are pretty similar, but I think it will come down to who can score the most points (original huh?). GB's offense has proven they can score against tough defenses (33 against the chiefs, 34 and 23 against the vikes, 35 vs. the giants) while Seattle got shutout against Pittsburgh. The seahawks will score in this game, but they won't do it via the run, as the packers just do not allow rushing td's, especially not against the likes of SA or Momo. If and when the Seahawks have to rely on the pass, Hasselbeck will have some success but when you can pin the ears back of KGB and Kampman, 2 of the most prolific pass rushers in recent NFL, coupled with the instinctive ball hawking skills of Charles Woodson and the all around play of pro bowl starter Al Harris, it could be a long day for Matt

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for visiting, Hawk fan. I was impressed with your team's defense on Saturday, and I think most other Packer fans were as well. Patrick Kerney looks very familiar to us, because he is similar to our own DE who plays on that same side, Aaron Kampman. Both are about the same height and weight and are very strong, quick, and relentless. Our RT, Mark Tauscher, is a lot better than that Redskins rookie, however, so I think Kerney can be kept under control. Not many QB's were sacked less often than Favre this year. Tauscher has had a bum ankle for the latter part of the season. If that is still bothering him, Kerney could cause big problems. But if Tauscher is at full capacity, he should be able to handle Kerney for the most part.

Tatupu and Peterson are also very impressive. They will make some plays, I'm sure. The secondary I'm less sure about. The Packers do have a lot more weapons than the Redskins, and a better QB as well, so this will be a much tougher test for your defense. At times, the Packers will go with 4 or 5 wideouts, and it will be interesting to see if they get enough protection to get some big plays from this formation. Some 2 TE sets are also likely, with our second TE, Bubba Franks, finally getting healthy after missing most of the season.

On the other side of the ball, your offense suffers from a lack of running game. You've got some good receivers, though, and with Deion Branch coming back from injury, our secondary will have its hands full. Still, we like our chances, as we have two of the best corners in the league. The nickel back and safeties are a bit more vulnerable to giving up big plays. TE's have killed us this season, but you don't seem to have a standout TE.

Hasselbeck looked a little off his game on Saturday, but the Redskins have a good defense, and they will do that to you. The Packers played the Redskins earlier in the season, and just barely beat them, as Favre had an off day. Our defense has been a little soft late in the season, especially against the run, so I do expect Holmgren to test them by running the ball fairly often, at least in the earlygoing.

I think special teams could be big, and ours have been pretty good this year. I also like it that the Packers will be better rested and playing at home. I look for the Pack to win this game something like 31-20.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Hawk! I am not a Cheese head, but I am most definately rooting for the Packers the rest of the way.

Unfortunate for your team that they are not playing against Todd Collins this weekend. They are playing against one of the best QB's in the game. Brett Favre. That is why Saturday will end in defeat for your beloved Hawks. There is always next year. I have been saying that my entire life. You has better get accustomed to it also. Good Luck!
Wow! A Vikings fan pulling for the Pack? Is Tavaris Jackson making all the Vikes fans jump ship? :wink:
Anyway, thanks. Im not writing the Hawks off in this game. Yea, I know. Favre is a HoF QB. Hes one of the best to ever play, but he does make mistakes. We need to pressure him like theres no tomorrow! GB is an 8 point fav. As far as I see it, GB has more to lose than we do. They have had a phenomenal season. Anything less than the SB would be a let down, would you agree? Sometimes teams can look a little tired or off their game after a bye week. All Im sayin is you never know in this game!

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The seahawks will score in this game, but they won't do it via the run, as the packers just do not allow rushing td's, especially not against the likes of SA or Momo.
We know this all to well. I doubt we will score a rushing TD unless we are inside the 3 when SA runs his hardest. We will rely heavily on Matts shoulders in this game. We are not going to win in a shootout either. We need to keep this a low scoring game and hopefully our defense can make a big play when it counts, much like Al Harris did against us in the last playoff meeting.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:

Wow! A Vikings fan pulling for the Pack? Is Tavaris Jackson making all the Vikes fans jump ship? :wink:
Anyway, thanks. Im not writing the Hawks off in this game. Yea, I know. Favre is a HoF QB. Hes one of the best to ever play, but he does make mistakes. We need to pressure him like theres no tomorrow! GB is an 8 point fav. As far as I see it, GB has more to lose than we do. They have had a phenomenal season. Anything less than the SB would be a let down, would you agree? Sometimes teams can look a little tired or off their game after a bye week. All Im sayin is you never know in this game!

Oh, you guys are a worthy opponent. I wouldn't say this game is a gimme for the Pack in any way. This team at times can get rattled. If you hit a big play early I will be a little worried. The Pack feeds off momentum.

All in all I think it comes down to your offense against our defense. We will put points on the board, the question is can you do the same? Your lack of a big play TE will hurt you terribly against us however. Our LB's do not excel in coverage like yours do but should be able to handle your TE options pretty easily in coverage situations.

It will be a good game but I see the Pack winning 34-24

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Hawks fan. I don't know what else to add that hasn't already been said by Greg. I do think it will be a close game. I really like Hasselbeck. He is one of my top 5 favorite QBs. My biggest worry I guess is Kerney. If we can contain him then i think we should be alright.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your lack of a big play TE will hurt you terribly against us however. Our LB's do not excel in coverage like yours do but should be able to handle your TE options pretty easily in coverage situations.

As Im sure you know Holmgren runs the WCO here and the TE should be a big part of that offense. However, Marcus Pollard has been utilized more as a blocker (and a very good one) and can break free for a few catches a game. He doesent scare you but he does make an impact.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Hawks fan. I don't know what else to add that hasn't already been said by Greg. I do think it will be a close game. I really like Hasselbeck. He is one of my top 5 favorite QBs. My biggest worry I guess is Kerney. If we can contain him then i think we should be alright.
Like someone else said earlier in this thread, Kerney is much like Kampman. Big, physical and can beat anyone off the ball. Is Kampman on the Right end or the left?
If hes on the Left, he will go against big Walt Jones. That would be a great matchup!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Like someone else said earlier in this thread, Kerney is much like Kampman. Big, physical and can beat anyone off the ball. Is Kampman on the Right end or the left?
If hes on the Left, he will go against big Walt Jones. That would be a great matchup!!

Kampman plays on the right end, so he won't be up against Walter Jones.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers play their game and don't come out and lay a big egg as they did in Chicago and Dallas, they will handle the Hawks. I have a great deal of respect for Mike Holmgren and his ability to coach. I don't respect him as a man however. I thought the Hawks played well on Saturday, but I wasn't all that impressed with any facet of their game. Green Bay will win the game if they take care of the ball and if Sanders has the defense ready to play.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Your lack of a big play TE will hurt you terribly against us however. Our LB's do not excel in coverage like yours do but should be able to handle your TE options pretty easily in coverage situations.

As Im sure you know Holmgren runs the WCO here and the TE should be a big part of that offense. However, Marcus Pollard has been utilized more as a blocker (and a very good one) and can break free for a few catches a game. He doesent scare you but he does make an impact.

Pollard is good for a catch or 2 a game. Obawhateverthehellhisnameis and Heller don't provide much depth. It's surprising your TE's don't have more catches in the system. In 96 Jackson/Chmura had like 70 catches between them. A Playmaker at TE would serve you guys well. Your TE's are just not threats which is good for the Pack.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
sigh. So he will go up against Sean Locklear. He has been OK this year but he will need help against Kampman. Our pass protection has been stellar this year....Our run blocking not so good. Go figure with all our run problems. People around here dont know whether to blame SA or the line.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pollard is good for a catch or 2 a game. Obawhateverthehellhisnameis and Heller don't provide much depth. It's surprising your TE's don't have more catches in the system. In 96 Jackson/Chmura had like 70 catches between them. A Playmaker at TE would serve you guys well. Your TE's are just not threats which is good for the Pack.
Yea, we thought we had an answer when Jeramy Stevens was here. He had all the talent in the world and would have been a perfect fit. But he pissed it all away by coming up with a severe case of the dropsies when games were on the line and also had a run in with the law once, twice or ten times.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Greg C. said:
sigh. So he will go up against Sean Locklear. He has been OK this year but he will need help against Kampman. Our pass protection has been stellar this year....Our run blocking not so good. Go figure with all our run problems. People around here dont know whether to blame SA or the line.

The Seahawks gave up 36 sacks this year compared to 18 the Pack gave up. I think we can pressure Hasselback early and often.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Yea, we thought we had an answer when Jeramy Stevens was here. He had all the talent in the world and would have been a perfect fit. But he pissed it all away by coming up with a severe case of the dropsies when games were on the line and also had a run in with the law once, twice or ten times.

Plus the guy could not keep his fat mouth shut

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome F-12. If I was a Seahawks fan I would also argue in terms of my defense. On offense, I think Holmgren is a great coach and play-caller. You also have a very good QB.

I think we will win because our o-line will give Favre some time, he will avoid several sacks, and we have too much talent at WR.

You guys will score some, too. But not enough. We will clamp down and dare you to run on us, but Pickett and the LBs will give you no room.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. This might be a sensative subject to some of you, but.....
If the Packers lose this Saturday....Would you consider this season a success? If not, what would be a success?
I mean, before the season nobody really gave the Pack a chance with the big bad Bears in your division. Some might have predicted a WC berth but did anyone really think the Pack would go 13-3?

As for my expectations for my team....Losing this game Saturday would be an unsuccessful season. Before the season started I looked at the NFC West and saw no real threat. I figured we would get at least 1 home playoff game, and would win that game easily. With the playoff tested veterans on our team I figured we could make the NFC title game.

So how do you all feel?

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be a clear success. We are a rising team that is loaded with depth and talent. Thompson and McCarthy have shown they can build a team and win. This is much better than under Sherman.

That said, given that we went 13-3, and given how we match-up in the NFC, we should win a playoff game.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Ok. This might be a sensative subject to some of you, but.....
If the Packers lose this Saturday....Would you consider this season a success? If not, what would be a success?
I mean, before the season nobody really gave the Pack a chance with the big bad Bears in your division. Some might have predicted a WC berth but did anyone really think the Pack would go 13-3?

As for my expectations for my team....Losing this game Saturday would be an unsuccessful season. Before the season started I looked at the NFC West and saw no real threat. I figured we would get at least 1 home playoff game, and would win that game easily. With the playoff tested veterans on our team I figured we could make the NFC title game.

So how do you all feel?

If we lose this season was a failure. We might as well been 8-8 and squeaked in if the home field advantage means nothing.

Every year we don't get to the SB is a year we fell short. 13-3 is nice but just like the 16-0 Pats, if you lose in the playoffs, noone cares

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
I think it would be a clear success. We are a rising team that is loaded with depth and talent. Thompson and McCarthy have shown they can build a team and win. This is much better than under Sherman.

That said, given that we went 13-3, and given how we match-up in the NFC, we should win a playoff game.

Who cares about Talent and Depth if you can't win a playoff game?

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing one playoff game does not mean "you" can't win a playoff game.

The "you" here is McCarthy and Thompson.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year we don't get to the SB is a year we fell short. 13-3 is nice but just like the 16-0 Pats, if you lose in the playoffs, noone cares
Im with you 100% on this. The SB is always the main goal of any team. Some teams dont have a shot at making it but still consider the season a failure if they dont.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle in playoffs but not winning the Super Bowl with Holmgren > Seattle not winning the Super Bowl with Erickson

Green Bay 13-3 in playoffs but not winning the Super Bowl with McCarthy/Thompson > Green Bay not winning the Super Bowl with Sherman

Seattle should be more disappointed with a loss, since they have been in the playoffs for five years. I guess that is less success. Even though Green Bay is justifiably the favorite.

I just think the season puts us on an upswing for, honestly, the first time since Holmgren. That is success.

Members online

Latest posts