Green rejects initial offer

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers offered Green 2mil/yr 2 years. He refused. Teams interested in him (at least are talking to his agent) are Denver, Houston, NY Giants, and indianapolis. Green still wants to stay in GB but will leave if need be. Feeling in GB locker room is that everyone is underpaid except Favre.

(source close to Green)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Kampman, Harris, Driver, KGB, etc, all feel they are underpaid? Yeah right.
Not surprising coming out of Green's camp since he obviously is looking for more but I doubt the accuracy of the part about how others "in the locker room" feel.

Seems to me since the Walker fiasco that TT has been very alert on salary issues and dealing with players that deserve further consideration.

My understanding is he would like to stay and statements like those are not going to help that cause. Whoever the "source close to Green" is ought to keep that crap to himself or his buddy will end up in Houston.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The start of FA begins March 1st, there will be a lot of reports of this nature. Ahman has every right to test FA as does every player, hopefully there will not be someone out there who wants to overpay him because IMHO AG is an important part of the puzzle for 2007, but TT has the record of not overpaying, it'll all come out in the wash, then the draft will become much clearer.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The start of FA begins March 1st, there will be a lot of reports of this nature. Ahman has every right to test FA as does every player, hopefully there will not be someone out there who wants to overpay him because IMHO AG is an important part of the puzzle for 2007, but TT has the record of not overpaying, it'll all come out in the wash, then the draft will become much clearer.

agreed he is very important for 07, we wont have a very reliable rb and favre may have to throw the ball 40 times a game(which means he might start throwing more ints).

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it -- a source close to Green. :rotflmao:

Was that Green Grass? Green Bay? Al Green? Green Eggs and Ham?

There is NO WAY in HELL that TT insulted Ahman Green with an offer like that.

Which of course explains why there is no link and no source.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Dont be so quick to judge Tripps source

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, if they feel underpaid just let him go....he cant give more thant 6-8 games healthy, so maybe it's time to explore another options...he's going to receive more money from other places, like every FA this times

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:

You have to admit the "locker room" statement is not A. Green-like at all.

Besides it serves no purpose and fails to benefit him in any way which makes the accuracy of it even more suspect.

The "everyone but Favre" part looks very amaturish. EVERYONE knows he makes a bundle. Beyond Brett, however, most all of the vets have been taken care of aside from Green and Jenkins. The rest are the young guys under their rookie contracts still in their proving years.

The "everyone but Favre" part gives this whole thing away as a farce as I see very few with salary issues which totally opposes that statement.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have no way of knowing if this initial offer to Green is legit but if it is; does anyone else see the irony of spending good money on Woodson and Harris at their age, yet want to talk Green down because of his age. I hope this is not the case.

Just an opinion but I do not see Green as a greedy guy so if he gets a fair offer he will be back !!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this was legit the Green Bay media would be all over this story. Right now the Press Gazette has not reports on this and neither does The Fan or any local news stations.

If this is a "legit" report then Green Bay media will get on it. If they're not on it by Friday then it's false.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply put, this "statement" goes against EVERYTHING Ahman Green stands for, and how he has presented himself with regard to the business side of the team/NFL.

I hope they can find common ground wih a decent contract that has attractive incentives built in. I would like for him to end his career as the teams leading rusher, and as the outstanding vet leader and locker room presence that he is, and has always been.

Someone is bored and needs to stir something up to have chat material.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Ahman Green had a generous contract last year. He was returning from injury and it was a deal that worked both parties. Did Ahman disappoint last year? His single year contract of 06 had several incentives.

For example Green received $500,000 for gaining 950 yards. He would have received another $500K if he had hit 1150 yards rushing.

The alleged source close to the situation with alleged knowledge might have hit the base salaries but the incentives are still being negotiated.

The Packers have to be careful about LTBE incentives effect on the salary cap. I think the negotiations are over each incentive line by line.

I doubt any other team will value Ahman as highly as the Packers.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:

I am not insulting Tripp, rather I am telling you that there is literally NO WAY in HELL that the offer was 2 years $2 million dollars.

Essentially this source close to Tripp is telling him that TT started by offering a healthy Green a substantial pay cut from the one he signed him to when he was injured.

It might have happened, but Hell might freeze over too!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
warhawk said:
tromadz said:
Ted Thompson sucks

The real stone being thrown wouldn't you say Trom?

Mutiny in the locker room! Ted blows!

Real weak attempt. Maybe next time.

No, we need to wait by his car one day then punch him in the nose.

:rotflmao:

If we give him a lollipop, he might be motivated. Violence is not the answer.

:hijacked:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Bruce said:

I am not insulting Tripp, rather I am telling you that there is literally NO WAY in HELL that the offer was 2 years $2 million dollars.

Essentially this source close to Tripp is telling him that TT started by offering a healthy Green a substantial pay cut from the one he signed him to when he was injured.

It might have happened, but Hell might freeze over too!

I sure hope we can keep Green, hes healthy and still a good running back for us...

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green is only critical if we don't throw the ball 50 times a game. McCarthy talked up the running game early in the season and it was not there. I don't know it was abandoned or planned that way. Either way, Green is a good back and I'd like to keep him, BUT stay or go he doesn't break the Pack. I'd rather focus our money on the O-line and d-line. I think that is what makes or breaks a team.

Btw, I think Bruce is right. This, source and story are crap.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green or No Green wouldnt do a big difference this season ... cause either ways it will be his last season ... if we draft marshawn lynch ... our running game should be set for a loooooong time ... thats if we keep up improving our o-line ... as long as the o-line keeps up improving ... our record will keep on improving ...

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green or No Green wouldnt do a big difference this season ... cause either ways it will be his last season ... if we draft marshawn lynch ... our running game should be set for a loooooong time ... thats if we keep up improving our o-line ... as long as the o-line keeps up improving ... our record will keep on improving ...

Green makes a huge difference. Hes the man!!!!!!!!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, these are negotiations techniques. Usually it's the players side that leaks information to put public pressure on the team. No one knows their team better than Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, if they feel they can't win without Green they will pay him. They may let him test the waters and that mean you take a chance on losing him.

The comment about everyone being underpaid but Favre is interesting. The teams record was 8-8 last year. How many big money players do any of you see on this team? I believe the days of overpaying guys are over in GB. Kabeer, Hunt and how many others were paid superstar salaries and never played up that payment stature. I wouldn't pay LeRoy Butler type money to Nick Collins because he's not LeRoy Butler. I don't put much stock in those comments.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

Green makes a huge difference. Hes the man!!!!!!!!

He's the man cause he had a good o-line ... remember the year where are o-linemen left ... what did he do nothing ... O-LINE is the key of success ... if they can buy the qb time ... the qb can make the throw ... if they open the wholes ... the rb will get the yards ... dont get me wrong i love green ... but his gettin older and we need a change ... we need a lynch ... have you seen this kids game wow im impressed

Members online

Latest posts