1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Green Lantern Movie and other comic book movies, my thoughts

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by armand34, Jun 17, 2011.

1. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    [​IMG]

I had a feeling the first time I saw the teaser/trailer of this movie that it wouldn't be that good...and fall short of what the story is all about. I kind of feel bad for these guys that created awesome characters in comics and watch them in disappointment on the big screen.

Now I haven't seen this movie yet, but I've read a ton of reviews from comic-readers & non-comic-readers...The overall consensus is it's a good kids movie, but that is it...why can't more directors take what they did in Wolverine or the newer Batman and make it more adult...doesn't have to be rated R, but they could could make it a bit more suspenseful & dramatic...the sort of things that would attract non-comic-readers.

I enjoy comics and every time one of these movies come out, I cringe, I can almost tell right away it's going to suck (as a comics fan)

ever since I saw Spider-man 3 I've completely lost faith in these COMIC BOOK MOVIES

[​IMG]

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Matt Flynns SB ring also works as a green lantern ring. He is undefeated in space as well as on earth.

3. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    is that what the G stands for? lol

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    My biggest issue with comic book movies is the reboots. So annoying. I don't need to see another origin story, sorry. They have 10,000 stories to choose from, stop using the same one!

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    I really don't mind them. Most of the comics turned to movies lately I have never read. Fantastic-4, X-Men, Ironman, and Green Lantern I knew nothing about. So to me the movies stand alone as a self contained story.