Green, Ferguson and Collins

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lost 3 starters agaain. Any word on what their condition is and how long they will be out.. Hard to have any consistency when you lose your #1 and 3 WR, #1 and 2 RB, starting center, both guards to free agency, starting safety, starting LB, starting TE for a couple games, starting L tackle for half your games and your Pro bowl kicker loses two games because he can't make a 40 yard field goal. This is Brett's best season and we are wasting it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for Favre. He's had three outstanding games in a row--as well as he's ever played, which is saying a lot--and the Packers have lost two of them.

We should hear something about the injuries today. The loss of Collins really hurt them, because the Vikings went right at Underwood. Also, Ahmad Carroll played poorly in the second half. I wasn't too impressed with Roman either. Harris is still our only reliable DB.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Lost 3 starters agaain. Any word on what their condition is and how long they will be out.. Hard to have any consistency when you lose your #1 and 3 WR, #1 and 2 RB, starting center, both guards to free agency, starting safety, starting LB, starting TE for a couple games, starting L tackle for half your games and your Pro bowl kicker loses two games because he can't make a 40 yard field goal. This is Brett's best season and we are wasting it.

Yeah, that is too bad, but you can't really blame the injuries on anyone.

spillage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:

Per todays press conference Green is probally done for the year and Fergy out 2-4 weeks with a sprained ankle. On with the body count.

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is killing me in fantasy football also, my first and second round picks were Deuce McAlister and Ahman Green. My starting WR are Hines Ward and Roy Williams and they have been hurt a lot also. Having Favre as my QB is only thing saving me.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green has what is a career changing if not ending injury. No big contract ever again.

Ferguson is out for 3-4 weeks.

Collins?? No word.

These were positions with good depth at the start of the season.

Thurman would be nice to have now.

You just can't predict where injuries will hit.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Collins?? No word.

You just can't predict where injuries will hit.

or how often

i didnt get the game here yesterday, when was collins taken off/what was the prelim word

there was a depth of good running backs in the draft in april, thompson shoulve recognized davenport and green were in contract years and drafted one of them, i said this in april, poor judgement,

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Out for the Season - Fergie, 2-4 weeks!

Posted: Oct. 24, 2005

Green Bay - Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green will undergo surgery to repair a ruptured right quadriceps tendon and will miss the rest of the season, coach Mike Sherman announced today.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Green injured his thigh in the Packers’ 23-20 loss to the Minnesota Vikings Sunday at the Metrodome and was taken off the field on a cart. After the game, Green did not know the severity of the injury, but test results today showed he had suffered a torn tendon.

According to Sherman, Green, 28, will have a shot at recovering in time for the start of next season. However, Green is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the season and his future with the Packers is up in the air.

Green was in the midst of his worst season since joining the Packers in 2000 and was on pace to finish with fewer than 1,000 yards for the first time since his trade from Seattle to Green Bay. In five games, he had 77 carries for 255 yards and no touchdowns, averaging a career-low 3.3 yards per carry.

Green first hurt his thigh against Carolina Oct. 3, but after sitting out the New Orleans game and then getting another week off with the bye, he looked strong in practice. He carried 16 times for 49 yards against the Vikings before going down and clutching his knee area on a fourth-quarter run.

According to Sherman, the rupture occurred in the same place the previous injury happened.

The Packers intend on signing a running back to replace Green, but they were still in the process of considering their options. Sherman said Tony Fisher would take Green’s spot in the starting lineup and ReShard Lee would become the backup.

The Packers lost backup Najeh Davenport to a season-ending broken leg two weeks ago against New Orleans. They’re only other running backs on the roster are fullbacks Vonta Leach and William Henderson. Recently added Sam Gado, a 5-10, 226-pound rookie, is on the practice squad.

Meanwhile, Sherman said that receiver Robert Ferguson has a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his knee and would be sidelined two to four weeks. The Packers are in the market for a wide receiver and one of the players they will consider is former Philadelphia Eagles veteran Freddie Mitchell, who is currently unsigned.

The Packers are down to three receivers on their roster: Donald Driver, Antonio Chatman and Jamal Jones.

Green will become the Packers’ sixth player to go on injured reserve this season, joining Davenport, receivers Javon Walker and Terrence Murphy, running back Chaz Williams and linebacker Kurt Campbell.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Thompson,

Please don't sign Freddie Mitchell. He is not the answer to our WR dilemma. He is an egomaniacal jerk and a terrible receiver. Badger fans will remember his time with the UCLA Bruins. Playing in the Rose Bowl against us, he deliberately ran into the UW mascot after scoring a touchdown. He has no class and does not belong in Green Bay.

Thanks,
Kyle

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of UCLA, is bragg on our practice squad. may not be a burner but had a good career at UCLA.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts