Green Bay's Tony Bennett takes Virginie to the NCAA Championship

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
How about that? Following in the footsteps of his sainted Pappy ... Father and Son coaches taking their respective teams into the Final Four.

I just know that it won't be a popular topic in this day and age of ... well, whatever you want to call it, but I LOVED "Bennett Ball". I'm sure some of the older geezers here will fill you punk-*** kids in what that was. :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He was awesome.. Would been nice for Bruce to win.. Would have had two great wis coaches

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It was so funny listening to the national tv media whining like a bunch of little beotches about **** Bennett's Badger team going so deep on ... eeek... DEFENSE and ball control.

Reaction score
While I’m a WI native both born and schooled.
I lived an hour f/Charlottesville for 26 years. Most people are not aware of the rich history of UVA starting with our founding framer, Thomas Jefferson being the chief architect of the original campus, which still exists today.
C’ville recently got a black eye. The civil war protest that left a women run over and killed and inciting a virtual race war were primarily not even people from the area. They were infiltraters from other states who simply used that as their venue to spew a message of fear, and in doing so, shook a peaceful college town who had previously and repeatedly been voted as the top 10 best places to live in America.

It was an emotional game for me because I know the vibe there and the community has been through a lot, I have a second after that lives 25 minutes away from UVA. It’s a fun town and a must stop if your ever on the East Coast. I was very proud of UVA tonight.
The Cavs seemed to keep their cool, they were more consistent and poised than TX Tech, who played a more emotional style game.

My best goes out to Charlottesville and it’s family of VA Cavaliers. They made her proud tonight!!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a pretty good game to watch. I was up late watching for the tooth fairy anyway. Congrats to UVA and Coach Bennett

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts