Green Bay's Running Backs

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the most part we keep 5 backs on the active roster every year. This year I think we should move to six:

Green
Poop
Gado
Herron
Leach
Hendo

There also might be a surprise or two in camp!

My reasoning for keeping six backs is that 3 are coming off season ending injuries and one is old, although still very effective. I believe Herron is going to turn some heads this year. Leach has disappointed and I don't believe he catches the ball particularly well which is a requirement of the fullback in the WCO. I would consider Leach on the bubble more than Herron.

I also don't believe we have a bonefied #1 RB, but I think we have a good variety of situational backs.

The problem with keeping six is from what position do you steal the roster spot. I would say it is time to sh^tcan David (Tyrone) Martin, but for some reason, he always makes the cut. But then again the Sherminator isn't here anymore.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'll go with.
  • Ahman Green
    Samkon Gado
    Najeh Davenport
    Nick Herron (if he can play ST well)

and of course
    William Henderson

not sure who leach an poop are tho but neat names

OP
OP
D

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'll go with.
  • Ahman Green
    Samkon Gado
    Najeh Davenport
    Nick Herron (if he can play ST well)

and of course
    William Henderson

not sure who leach an poop are tho but neat names
Vontae Leach - backup fullback,

and Poop is Davenport.

Aahhh Zero, for a guy that slings it like you do, I figured you would know one of Najeh's notorious nicknames.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our RB situation is not the best, but maybe it's fate that just as we adopt this zone-blocking scheme we end up with a Bronco-like stable of RB's: several guys with talent, none overwhelmingly great, but if one of them gets hot we can ride him as far as he takes us.

I'm not in with the six-RB idea, at least not yet. If Herron can play fullback, cut Leach. Or if one of the RB's is not able to fully come back from injuries, that one will have to go and our problem will be solved by default.

You're not suggesting we only keep two tight ends on the roster, are you Dakota? I mean, David Martin's time may have come and gone, but we do need a third body at that position, whoever it is.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ahh I was figuring that DakotaT, but thought of Poppinga for some reason so figured I'd stay away from it lol. I've heard of ****** and Jeh for Najeh.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Herron will go if any. Herron is not a true FB and doesn't fit the mold. He is to small to play FB. You can't go into the season with one true fullback, especially with this offensive line. The only way Leach could be in danger is if they used Najeh at FB.

Even at that with his injuries you never know if he will stay healthy. I think right now the only battle in the backfield is whether we keep Herron on as the 6th guy or just go with 5 and cut another position. Most likely an extra WR will be cut if Herron stays. You need at least 3 TE and though Martin is invisible most of the time, makes a pretty decent 3rd TE.

OP
OP
D

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
thetombradyhater said:
since when has najeh been called poop?

Since he dropped a deuce in that girls laundry basket lol
Thanks DePack, and for future reference, I refer to Michael Vick as Ron Mexico; Warren Sapp = Warren Sack, and Grady Jackson = Gravy. All should be self explanatory.

It's too bad for Najeh to be stuck with those nicknames, because I'm sure most of us did some things in our late teens, early twenties the would be considered rather uncouth.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
DePack said:
thetombradyhater said:

Thanks DePack, and for future reference, I refer to Michael Vick as Ron Mexico; Warren Sapp = Warren Sack, and Grady Jackson = Gravy. All should be self explanatory.

It's too bad for Najeh to be stuck with those nicknames, because I'm sure most of us did some things in our late teens, early twenties the would be considered rather uncouth.

I hardly think that going into a woman's dorm, pulling down your drawers, and dropping your kids off at the pool...er....laundry basket is only "uncouth". It is breaking and entering, and public indecency at the very least. The worst I did was **** in some guys locker! :shock: :shock: :twisted: :p (trust me...he deserved worse!) and that was in high school...not college!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did something like that to this idiot on my basketball team. it involved...what you do after #2, and his warmup shirt.

owned.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best part was he was on the basketball team sitting on the bench during a game. I told him I was going to go do it and he watched me go into the locker room. He couldn't do a dam* thing about it!!

owned II (wanting to be like Trom...) :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
DakotaT said:
DePack said:
thetombradyhater said:

I hardly think that going into a woman's dorm, pulling down your drawers, and dropping your kids off at the pool...er....laundry basket is only "uncouth". It is breaking and entering, and public indecency at the very least. The worst I did was **** in some guys locker! :shock: :shock: :twisted: :p (trust me...he deserved worse!) and that was in high school...not college!

Nah.....he didn't break into her dorm he was let in.

I once **** on a hooker's chest.....but hey, I paid big bucks for that!!!

Just kidding!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

LMAO!!!!!!!

(btw, I would not move this to the smack area as a mod, cuz I know funny, and that was funny. vote for me. A vote for zero is a vote for...mandatory abortion...or something. jk)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:

LMAO!!!!!!!

(btw, I would not move this to the smack area as a mod, cuz I know funny, and that was funny. vote for me. A vote for zero is a vote for...mandatory abortion...or something. jk)

That was the funny.
I (someone who has admin/moderated forums for years) agrees with the young inspiring to be mod that this could stay right where its at.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can feel aadp just waiting to smack this post with...OFF TOPIC!!!!!!

oh & depack - that whole hooker comment??? nasty, just nasty!!!! gosh, am i proud?!?!? :)

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought I would drop a thought on the subject.

I think Davenport and Gado will share the main running this season. Green may not see action for a while as he is still recovering.

I would still like to see GB add another RB.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
CalifPacker said:

I think Davenport and Gado will share the main running this season. Green may not see action for a while as he is still recovering.

Green is going to see action are you crazy? he might not be ready for training camp but he is going to definatly see action in the regular season

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
CalifPacker said:

Green is going to see action are you crazy? he might not be ready for training camp but he is going to definatly see action in the regular season

But, how well he recovers and then performs at a high level is still questionable. Remember, Green was not at the top of his game prior to getting hurt. I hope he can contribute next season.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
CalifPacker said:
thetombradyhater said:
CalifPacker said:

But, how well he recovers and then performs at a high level is still questionable. Remember, Green was not at the top of his game prior to getting hurt. I hope he can contribute next season.

still unless he gets injured he'll probably be ahead of poop

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, a few guys in the press have already put a negative shine on whether and how effectively Green'll be able to come back (conFound 'em).
Coaches and qb's take the heat, but running backs take the beatings. Anybody else remember Terrell Davis? The guy looked unstoppable once upon a time; talented, built to the hilt, 4 wheel drive on every play, then boom.
If Green doesn't come through, Gado is strong enough to carry the load for now (no telling how long now will be).

Preseason here yet?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green and Davenport are both expected back in mid August. Because of this I think Gado starts and Green is used on 3rd downs, Davenport as the short yardage back. RB will be by committee this year.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All minicamps reports I saw had Gado struggling to learn the new system. Herron supposedly played well early but had problems towards the end. Green & Davenport watched from the sidelines and may not practice until mid August at the earliest. The linemen (three of which are new starters) aren't going to be able to practice any of their new cut-blocking techniques until preseason games and the regular season.

I'm guessing there's a good chance our running game will take a while before it becomes effective. That could be a problem for a run-oriented offensive scheme.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats with these 'definitive' predictions when training camp hasnt even started yet.

Members online

Latest posts