Green Bay vs most of the other crap

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great comment from Kurt of DePere:
Other teams are having trouble filling their stadiums. One is contemplating "re-sizing" its stadium to get around seat tarps, blackouts, and bad perceptions.
Even others are begging for public money to build new stadiums and then inordinately raising prices and PSLs to help pay their parts.
Some even take the process to the 11th hour before not allowing their teams to bolt for other cities.
And all this is happening in some of the largest markets in our country.
While we sit here in Green Bay, the SMALLEST market, and add 10% more seating and expensive technology to our stadium without asking the public for a dime (buying stock is completely voluntary). Not to mention the historically great product on the field right now.

We are SO LUCKY and should be PROUD of what we have in the Packers, this organization, team, fans, etc.
Let's not take that for granted!!!

We could add 50,000 seats and still have every game sold out and tons of people still on a waiting list. Despite a crappy economy no matter which party messes things up, our Packers still have the greatest fan support in the NFL, and yes that includes the Steelers!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Green Bay Stadium district (the Packers in conjunction with Brown County) ... which owns Lambeau Field announced this week that they're actually raising some of the PSL's ... I don't recall if it's just for the new seating...for new season ticket holders or what ... not sure how much of an increase neither - just noted it in passing.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With so many of us on the season ticket waiting list... for so ****** many years..... and so many who have HAD the tickets basically lotteried/grandfathered into them from older family members, I am very crabby about not having them, EVER.

I believe the team should shuffle the season ticker holders somehow, some time.

Maybe take a year off from the 70,000 lucky b****rds who have had them for the past 30 years, and let the next 70K on the list have a chance to pay a new PSL to the team/county and have the chance to buy a season.

Freshen up the crowd and lucky people. New PSL revenue should be able to boost profits as well.

Realistically, I think take 1 or 2 games away a year and offer this. Not a whole year.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
With so many of us on the season ticket waiting list... for so ****** many years..... and so many who have HAD the tickets basically lotteried/grandfathered into them from older family members, I am very crabby about not having them, EVER.

Maybe take a year off from the 70,000 lucky b****rds who have had them for the past 30 years, and let the next 70K on the list have a chance to pay a new PSL to the team/county and have the chance to buy a season.

Freshen up the crowd and lucky people. New PSL revenue should be able to boost profits as well.

Realistically, I think take 1 or 2 games away a year and offer this. Not a whole year.
If that were to happen (we know it won't)how would you feel when they take your season tickets away from you & give them back to the original person. If you have the money to buy season tickets then go to ebay as I've seen some people selling their tickets on ebay.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

For whatever it's worth, a good number of those "season ticket holders" are businesses ... most of the larger employers, banks and what have you. I recall when the PSL's were put in place, there was a tavern owner in Shawano crying because he had to cough up the PSL on (if I recall correctly) sixty season tickets.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that were to happen (we know it won't) how would you feel when they take your season tickets away from you & give them back to the original person. If you have the money to buy season tickets then go to ebay as I've seen some people selling their tickets on ebay.
Not sure.... like I said, perhaps take a game a year and give to the NEXT70K (or whatever the seating capacity is).

Also would love to see a way where they can monitor the seats and see which seats are being owned by businesses/ticket brokers simply to turn a profit. And then strip em away and give to a die-hard Packer fan who's been on the list for decades, hungrily.
Refreshing the crowd a little bit would help, not hurt, IMO.

For whatever it's worth, a good number of those "season ticket holders" are businesses ... most of the larger employers, banks and what have you. I recall when the PSL's were put in place, there was a tavern owner in Shawano crying because he had to cough up the PSL on (if I recall correctly) sixty season tickets.
That's right.....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should limit tickets to 4 per address and they should not stay in the family when someone passes.

That bar owner complaining about paying that can go Fock himself

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should limit tickets to 4 per address and they should not stay in the family when someone passes.

That bar owner complaining about paying that can go Fock himself
Thats why the wait is SO long as the people who have season tickets pass them down to family members. In all honesty If I were a season ticket holder I'd do the same. Would you want your kin to pass them down to you so you wouldn't be on the long waiting list. If by chance a relative of your gets season tickets & passes on would you A)accept the tics they pass to you & you pass them on to your kin or B)let those season tics go to the next person in line while you wait for your name to come up on the list? Just curious

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go to ebay.com I've seen people selling there season tics on line. Now granted when you buy them I'm sure that the next yr the season tics will fall back to the person that sold them & not you but at least you'd have season tics for that year. Then just just repeat the same thing every yr if possible

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats why the wait is SO long as the people who have season tickets pass them down to family members. In all honesty If I were a season ticket holder I'd do the same. Would you want your kin to pass them down to you so you wouldn't be on the long waiting list. If by chance a relative of your gets season tickets & passes on would you A)accept the tics they pass to you & you pass them on to your kin or B)let those season tics go to the next person in line while you wait for your name to come up on the list? Just curious

My issue isn't with the people that do it. My issue is with the policies.

I've actually skipped the waiting list before and had season tickets. There is a way to get them, it's just rather expensive.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My issue isn't with the people that do it. My issue is with the policies.

I've actually skipped the waiting list before and had season tickets. There is a way to get them, it's just rather expensive.
Besides ebay?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but the Packers don't give out season tickets on eBay bro
I know. I'm just saying people can go to ebay & buy season tickets from the person who has already purchased the season tickets. Then when the season tics arrive in the mail to the original owner they're supposed to send them to the purchaser

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I know. I'm just saying people can go to ebay & buy season tickets from the person who has already purchased the season tickets. Then when the season tics arrive in the mail to the original owner they're supposed to send them to the purchaser

Yeah, I've purchased Packer tickets on e-bay before. Of course the Packer's don't offer them through E-bay. That's not what he was saying. He's just saying tickets can be purchases on E-bay and Craigslist at times, in addition to big ticket brokers like Stubhub, etc. Of course, as has been said, it is likely to cost much more than retail value. But getting tickets to Packer games is not difficult at all as long as one is willing to spend some money.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the better thing to do would be to find out which season ticket holders sold their tickets to Giants fans last year and automatically restrict them from season tickets, giving them to the next group in line.
It was truly an embarrassment and an insult to every fan waiting in line for season tickets to see so many Giants fans in the stands at the NFC championship game.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I've purchased Packer tickets on e-bay before. Of course the Packer's don't offer them through E-bay. That's not what he was saying. He's just saying tickets can be purchases on E-bay and Craigslist at times, in addition to big ticket brokers like Stubhub, etc. Of course, as has been said, it is likely to cost much more than retail value. But getting tickets to Packer games is not difficult at all as long as one is willing to spend some money.
That's the case for EVERYTHING.
You can have a 2013 Mercedes too.
You can live in a mansion, beachfront home in Hawaii.
You can even **** a hot playboy playmate of the month (a past one, not current).
If one is willing to spend some (a lot) of money.

The problems are we don't have that much money... very few people do.

DoddPower

Reaction score
That's the case for EVERYTHING.
You can have a 2013 Mercedes too.
You can live in a mansion, beachfront home in Hawaii.
You can even **** a hot playboy playmate of the month (a past one, not current).
If one is willing to spend some (a lot) of money.

The problems are we don't have that much money... very few people do.

I get your main point, but it's obvious that plenty of people DO have the amount of money required to go to a football game. That's obvious by how many Packer games are sold out. Sure, most of us may only be able to afford one expensive game every few years, but there are so many NFL fans, that equates to enough people to pack most stadiums ever Sundays (or at the very least, 50,000 + people). Obviously there are exceptions, such as the Jaguars, but that's more to do with how crappy the team is more so than the price of the tickets. I mean, c'mon. One can find Packer tickets online for somewhere between $150 and more like $230 +. Yes, that's a ton of money, but many of us could make that happen at some point in our lives if it was important enough to us. There's a big difference between Packer tickets and a beach front mansion. And even if several of us here can't do that, there are plenty of others who can and do every NFL Sunday. Nothing in life is free. One has to spend money to enjoy things such as NFL games, vacations, etc. It's not necessarily fair, but it is reality, unfortunately. Most of us aren't being given free tickets to NFL games very often (although I'm sure plenty of people do receive such things).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No what I am saying is I bought season tickets through the Packers without ever being on a waiting list. Not through a 3rd party. Through the packers.

DoddPower

Reaction score
No what I am saying is I bought season tickets through the Packers without ever being on a waiting list. Not through a 3rd party. Through the packers.

Ah that's cool man! Good for you. Was is just through their main ticket office? One year only or permanent season tickets? And how exactly does that work? I'm sure that wouldn't make all of us on the waiting list very happy. Although I'm not in a position to actually purchase season tickets right now anyway. I figured by the time my name comes up, hopefully I will be.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
We are way off topic. Isn't this thread about our stadium filling up with ease and not woe is me I can't get season tickets?

Latest posts