Green Bay to Host '25 Draft!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yowzers!!!! I can't believe it. I saw the crowds in Kansas City and thought there was no place to hold it here. Unless they are in lambeau field. This is great news.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Green Bay selected as host site for 2025 NFL draft

Lambeau Field, the Titletown District and the Green Bay Packers will play host to the 2025 NFL draft, the league announced Monday from the NFL Spring Meeting in Minneapolis.

Team president and CEO Mark Murphy called it an “incredible day” for the Packers and the city of Green Bay.

From Murphy: “The Packers have a rich and proud history that goes back to the early days of the NFL and are the only community owned team. That connection to our League’s heritage combined with the great passion Packers fans will bring will make the Draft a memorable event for those in attendance and NFL fans watching around the world.”

The Packers have been attempting to secure the right to host a draft for several years.

The 2023 NFL draft was held in Kansas City. The 2024 draft will be in Detroit.

As it should be.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's great news. I might think about coming to town for that one, but only if I'm able to secure a hotel room in Green Bay or nearby. I'm surprised the league was fine with hotels in Milwaukee and Madison needing to host attendees to the event.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's great news. I might think about coming to town for that one, but only if I'm able to secure a hotel room in Green Bay or nearby. I'm surprised the league was fine with hotels in Milwaukee and Madison needing to host attendees to the event.
It's a greater distance than in a lot of cities for sure, but commute times are probably about the same LOL. It's amazing how much further you can drive at 80mph, that's about 128Km/h for you Europeans :), than you can stuck in traffic at 7mph's

regardless, if we close on this new house we're looking at by then, you can stay in the pool house if you'd like. But I will have a strict no banana hammock rule in place, so pack accordingly I've seen how you guys dress around the water over there LOL

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to set up some cots in the barn amongst the raccoons and pigeons. Need to watch out for the coyotes when you step out behind the trees for the 2am bladder drain.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's a greater distance than in a lot of cities for sure, but commute times are probably about the same LOL. It's amazing how much further you can drive at 80mph, that's about 128Km/h for you Europeans :), than you can stuck in traffic at 7mph's

As if you Americans were allowed to drive 80mph anywhere :roflmao: It's true that most likely it takes you the same time from Milwaukee or Madison to Green Bay than it would from one side of New York, Los Angeles or Chicago to the other one though.

regardless, if we close on this new house we're looking at by then, you can stay in the pool house if you'd like. But I will have a strict no banana hammock rule in place, so pack accordingly I've seen how you guys dress around the water over there LOL

Thanks for the offer, and don't worry, despite me being a European I'm well aware that no one looks socially acceptable in one of those outfits ;)

Sounds like I need to set up some cots in the barn amongst the raccoons and pigeons. Need to watch out for the coyotes when you step out behind the trees for the 2am bladder drain.

Thinking about it I probably prefer Mondio's offer despite that no banana hammock rule in place :p

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, and don't worry, despite me being a European I'm well aware that no one looks socially acceptable in one of those outfits ;)

Thinking about it I probably prefer Mondio's offer despite that no banana hammock rule in place :p
Depending on the weather we have in April, it could really test your humility in one of those things

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that if Eastern Wisconsin can handle E.A.A. Oshkosh every year, we can surely handle that.

Now, whether or not some softie, whiney, cry-babies from other parts of this great nation can handle Wisconsin's 45 degree high temps in April, well, that's another matter. If they have any doubt they should stay home and off of social media...where they'd be tacitly admitting they're softie, whiney, cry-baby candy ***e$.

Just sayin' ... ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that if Eastern Wisconsin can handle E.A.A. Oshkosh every year, we can surely handle that.

Now, whether or not some softie, whiney, cry-babies from other parts of this great nation can handle Wisconsin's 45 degree high temps in April, well, that's another matter. If they have any doubt they should stay home and off of social media...where they'd be tacitly admitting they're softie, whiney, cry-baby candy ***e$.

Just sayin' ... ;)
I'm hoping for snow that day, give them all a taste of The Frozen Tundra. Packer fans will be wearing shorts and no shirts. Area stores will sell out of parkas, gloves, hats and hand warmers.

Reaction score

Just sayin' ... ;)
That’s one thing I miss from my Teen years is the Fly in. Used to have some good times with my late Stepfather and his Son camping there (he was an Air Force pilot)

D

Deleted member 6794

Depending on the weather we have in April, it could really test your humility in one of those things

You shouldn't be worried about me if I show up in one of those things but the ones who would end up seeing me in it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That’s one thing I miss from my Teen years is the Fly in. Used to have some good times with my late Stepfather and his Son camping there (he was an Air Force pilot)
I've been in Oshkosh permanently since '93 and "off and on" since '80. Now, I live just across Hwy 41 from the runways. I managed a bar on Main Street while I was in college for 5 years and I have to tell you that I met some of the BEST people I've ever met during those crazy days, when Fly-In folks would literally take over the city. My father-in-law grew up right by the airport (and he ended up being the head of corporate aviation for a huge international auto parts manufacturer) so his parents always got flight-line passes from EAA which I grudgingly accepted.

E.A.A. Airventure is an entirely different animal today. Pretty much self-contained (booze and restaurants on the grounds). Most times, we townies barely know it's there except for the air traffic.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm hoping for snow that day, give them all a taste of The Frozen Tundra. Packer fans will be wearing shorts and no shirts. Area stores will sell out of parkas, gloves, hats and hand warmers.
Signs by the houses lining Lombardi and Oneida Streets: "Mitten For Sale $75. Left AND a Right $125.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been in Oshkosh permanently since '93 and "off and on" since '80. Now, I live just across Hwy 41 from the runways. I managed a bar on Main Street while I was in college for 5 years and I have to tell you that I met some of the BEST people I've ever met during those crazy days, when Fly-In folks would literally take over the city. My father-in-law grew up right by the airport (and he ended up being the head of corporate aviation for a huge international auto parts manufacturer) so his parents always got flight-line passes from EAA which I grudgingly accepted.

E.A.A. Airventure is an entirely different animal today. Pretty much self-contained (booze and restaurants on the grounds). Most times, we townies barely know it's there except for the air traffic.
I love air shows. Some pics I took of a smaller one in Chippewa Last year about this time. We've take the kids to the EAA museum a couple times, but never the EAA Fly in itself. Going to maybe go sit out on the lake this year and try and catch some of the action now that they're old and can spend more time out there.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I love air shows. Some pics I took of a smaller one in Chippewa Last year about this time. We've take the kids to the EAA museum a couple times, but never the EAA Fly in itself. Going to maybe go sit out on the lake this year and try and catch some of the action now that they're old and can spend more time out there.

Great pics!! Really. The year the Thunderbirds were in Oshburg ... the street my son's house is on runs right in line with the BIG runway, so during their show, I was standing in the middle of his street as these guys flew over and my gawd ... talk about whiplash - they're there one second and gone the next ... sorta like my paycheck ... I could FEEL not only the sound, but, the heat trail. THAT is really awesome (a term I seldom use)

Members online

Latest posts