1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Green Bay prepare to lift Lambeau lot Booze ban

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PWT36, Jun 16, 2005.

1. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Posted June 16, 2005
    From PWT-Really a slow day concerning the Packers in the Press-Gazette but don't worry you will be able to consume your favorite alcoholic beverage in the Lambeau Field Parking lot on the day the Packers are playing at Lambeau
    Field. Did you have any doubt!!!
    City prepares to lift Lambeau lot booze ban

Police deem ordinance unenforceable

By Karen Rauen
    krauen@greenbaypressgazette.com

This just in. You may be able to drink in the Lambeau Field parking lot.

Oh, you already were? Never mind.

The Green Bay City Council on Tuesday may bring city rules in line with reality by changing its ordinance regarding intoxicants in public.

Although precedence has long allowed drinking in the Lambeau Field parking lot, the Green Bay city ordinance was a little hazy on the issue. A proposed change, headed for the Green Bay City Council on Tuesday, clears up any confusion by officially making it legal to drink in the city-owned stadium lot.

2. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
  3. swartzcatz

swartzcatz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well that was a dumb law to begin with! Drinks were flowin' like water when I was there, and not a cop in site! Just hope people don't use it as an excuse to get drunk and belligerant at the games. There's a few that like to ruin it for the rest.

4. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :beersign: woohoo, yay for beer! But seriously, like you said swartzcatz, it'd be nice if ppl don't abuse this privilege. If you want to drink a lot, so be it, but don't let it ruin other ppl's packer experience.

5. chickpackfan

chickpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Miller Park

I think a alot of this stuff stems from the discovery that there was a law planning open intoxicants at Miller Park. That article got way too much attention. So in response to the discovery they had to pass an ordiance exempting the stadium. That is all that they are doing for the Packer's stadium.

The ordiance is beneficial for other places though - it prevents people from gathering in random parking lots to party (i.e. Kmarts, Targets, any mall after it is closed).

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    its ok as long as people behave themselves.

7. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't thinnk too many people make fools of themselves. Yes, there are a few, but when we have been there, it seems most of the people are drinking responsibly. Have a nice Father's Day all of you dads out there.

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Same here Carol.

9. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Chick? What's with the flag avatar?

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    just a cool flag vix. thats all. did a lot of work around the house today. mowed the lawn and cleaned out my porch and shed. im gonna drop.

11. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I golfed 18. Should have been as industrious as you, but was on vacation all week and thought I would finish the week in vacation style. Chores can wait. Nevertheless, miss the chicken or the cool packerchick avatar. You gonna post it up?