Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

PackerFanny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack! Want a good laugh? Remember that d-bag Javon Walker that whined and complained his way out of Green Bay to the biggest joke of an NFL career? Well he's got a twitter now yall lol! His twitter is @play_maker84 and he actually responds to people. His spelling errors alone are funny enough, after all he did get one of the lowest scores in Wonderlic history.
He is trying to workout for a comback to the NFL. Probably because he is broke and has blown all his $ being a ****** partying. I say go on twitter and let him have it. Since he had no problem disrespecting the Packers, Green Bay, and their fans, we need to show him what goes around comes around. Let him know what a whiney ****** and ***** he is. Bring up his crappy stats and that he had no more than two decent (not even that good) seasons and they were only thanks to Brett Favre. How he always blames others for his poor performance. Tell him what you think about his arrogant bling blingin and making a fool of himself partying then getting his butt beat and robbed. How he's the Burnie Madoff of football and has managed to scam teams into thinking he's a good player and escape with their $. How he is delusional to think another team will pick him up after not playing for nearly 3 years and now having to serve a 4 game suspension for hgh use. AND he even said he wanted to come back to Green Bay!!! hahahahaha THIS GUY IS A TOTAL SCAM AND A JOKE.
Karma is a beeeotch Javon and this guy is the biggest example of it, it always catches up to you. I say LET HIM HAVE IT lol he deserves all of it lol! Stay broke my dude!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack! Want a good laugh? Remember that d-bag Javon Walker that whined and complained his way out of Green Bay to the biggest joke of an NFL career? Well he's got a twitter now yall lol! His twitter is @play_maker84 and he actually responds to people. His spelling errors alone are funny enough, after all he did get one of the lowest scores in Wonderlic history.
He is trying to workout for a comback to the NFL. Probably because he is broke and has blown all his $ being a ****** partying. I say go on twitter and let him have it. Since he had no problem disrespecting the Packers, Green Bay, and their fans, we need to show him what goes around comes around. Let him know what a whiney ****** and ***** he is. Bring up his crappy stats and that he had no more than two decent (not even that good) seasons and they were only thanks to Brett Favre. How he always blames others for his poor performance. Tell him what you think about his arrogant bling blingin and making a fool of himself partying then getting his butt beat and robbed. How he's the Burnie Madoff of football and has managed to scam teams into thinking he's a good player and escape with their $. How he is delusional to think another team will pick him up after not playing for nearly 3 years and now having to serve a 4 game suspension for hgh use. AND he even said he wanted to come back to Green Bay!!! hahahahaha THIS GUY IS A TOTAL SCAM AND A JOKE.
Karma is a beeeotch Javon and this guy is the biggest example of it, it always catches up to you. I say LET HIM HAVE IT lol he deserves all of it lol! Stay broke my dude!

did you need to repeatedly post this?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, now we know what the new cap is and that they have made a provision for exceeding the cap for a limited time to save the jobs of some veteran players. Will this be enough for us to keep Jenkins?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're not keeping Jenkins. There's no need to sign an aging, injury prone veteran to a long, high dollar contract. Might as well focus on something else.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are not keeping Jenkins.

And I doubt we miss him that much next season. I think several players step up in his absence.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree they won't and honestly shouldn't resign Jenkins, but they will miss him next year, if not the next couple.

bornnraisedwhodat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HI guys. Saints fan here.

I was wondering if GB plans on bringing back James Jones, and what are your thoughts on him? I wouldnt mind if the Saints took a look at him.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot see them bringing back Jones just because Nelson is now basically a cheaper version with more potential. They are stacked at the position and won't want to compete with other teams looking to throw cash at him in free agency.

The guy has all the makings of a good starting wide-out, but has a serious case of the dropsies and that will hold him back. Someone will pay him #2 money and he is only and in my opinion always will be a #3. You better hope it isn't the Saints.

bornnraisedwhodat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot see them bringing back Jones just because Nelson is now basically a cheaper version with more potential. They are stacked at the position and won't want to compete with other teams looking to throw cash at him in free agency.

The guy has all the makings of a good starting wide-out, but has a serious case of the dropsies and that will hold him back. Someone will pay him #2 money and he is only and in my opinion always will be a #3. You better hope it isn't the Saints.

Well I wouldnt expect him to be anything more than a #3 WR. Colston is entrinched as the #1, if we bring Moore back, he will be #2, Meachem could be #2 if he remains healthy. But Henderson, like Jones, has dropsies and seems to has lost his deep threat speed. Henderson is due 2.2 mil this season and I dont know if the Saints will pay him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is one of the best at YAC and is very dangerous. He could have a couple great seasons I think, but will never be the stand out.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I wouldnt expect him to be anything more than a #3 WR. Colston is entrinched as the #1, if we bring Moore back, he will be #2, Meachem could be #2 if he remains healthy. But Henderson, like Jones, has dropsies and seems to has lost his deep threat speed. Henderson is due 2.2 mil this season and I dont know if the Saints will pay him.

..So unless you want to severely overpay for a #3, the Saints are not the match Jones is looking for.

bornnraisedwhodat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..So unless you want to severely overpay for a #3, the Saints are not the match Jones is looking for.

You think someone is going to throw a boat load of money for him? I agree, I wouldnt want to spend a lot on the guy. Thought he would be a solid #3 possible #2 WR who is still young in age.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree they won't and honestly shouldn't resign Jenkins, but they will miss him next year, if not the next couple.

I seriously doubt he's missed. There is so much depth on the defensive line that Jenkins won't really be much of an after thought. A healthy Mike Neal replaces him easily.

Remember, he missed 5 games last season, and our defense didn't so much as skip a beat. And that was WITHOUT Mike Neal. We'll be fine, especially when you consider a lot of our depth got valuable playing time next season.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HI guys. Saints fan here.

I was wondering if GB plans on bringing back James Jones, and what are your thoughts on him? I wouldnt mind if the Saints took a look at him.

You can have him. GB won't be re-signing him, especially since we picked up WR Randall Cobb and TE DJ Williams. Plus Jordy Nelson replaced him as 3rd on the depth chart anyway.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think someone is going to throw a boat load of money for him? I agree, I wouldnt want to spend a lot on the guy. Thought he would be a solid #3 possible #2 WR who is still young in age.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

He has a history of drops or fumbles in crucial moments. On occasion he'll come up big, but he's too inconsistent for my liking, and frustrates the **** out of me. See the Eagles playoff game, the Super Bowl, the fumble against the Bears THIS year and both fumbles against the Bears in 2007. Story of his career in my mind.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope you're right, but I'm not sold on Mike Neal at this point. I know Jenkins is not an option so I guess it pays to be optimistic regardless.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones has the talent, see Dallas or Minn last year. But seems to get caught up in a head game. Maybe a different uniform will help him.

He has never had a multiple TD game which should scare teams that plan on making him a main guy in an offense though. I have no problem losing him, but only because of money and that we have enough pass catchers in the offense already.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope you're right, but I'm not sold on Mike Neal at this point. I know Jenkins is not an option so I guess it pays to be optimistic regardless.

Neal and Burnett were the most promising rookies according to Packers coaches and several key beat writers.

JimisPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the land of all you can wish for, minus the t
Maybe if Williams was on the market last year. Alex Green maybe become our new BJackson with more open-field speed.

I agree w SpartaChris- I'm a big [Zombo!] Fan and the LB returning off IR should be enough for good camp competition. There is only so many roster spots- and I would prefer to give our own draft choices/returning players a shot first. If there is talent on the FA/unsigned FA market then bite, but no need in chasing BigFoot this year.

Love Jimi.

sirlancealot4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although there are a lot of big names in FA this year, every year talent seems to come from undrafted FAs. Is there anyone the Packers should consider signing that didn't get drafted? I think Boston College LB Mark Herzlich would fit well into our 3-4 system with his ability to pass rush and stay in coverage.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post here. What do you guys think Barnett will fetch via trade?

I dont think he will be traded. And if they tried I dont think you would get much if anything due to injury and salary. More than likely if they part with him they will cut him.

But I think they cut chillar and Poppinga instead

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my educated guess at the situation (forgive me if I forgot someone). Will also touch on guys getting cut for the 53 man:
QB:
we keep Flynn this year, and elevate Harrell to the roster.

RB/FB
BJax: out. Someone will pay him to be 3rd down receiver.
Kuhn: in. He'll be the 3rd down receiver.
Hall: out: we drafted some guys to play the FB position in Taylor and Williams. My bet is they'll get the spot based on youth.
Johnson: out. Though he was very good at blocking, we won't have the spot on the roster for a strickly blocking FB that doesn't play well on ST.
Taylor: in
DJ Williams: in
Nance: out. Alex Green takes his place
Green: in

TE:
Crabtree: in. Best blocking TE and plays ST and evolved on the passing game.
Havner: out. Williams take his spot.

WR:
Jones: out. Someone will pay him more than we do. Hope it's not the bears or vikings.
Robinson: out
West: out
Swain: in. Mostly for ST purposes.

OL:
Colledge: out. Ditto.
Spitz: out. Not reliable, performed poorly last 2 years.
EDS: out. McDonald beats him.
McDonald: in.
Campbell: in
Newhouse: in
Schlauderaff: out.
Tauscher: out
Battles: out

DL:
Wynn: in.
Wilson: in.
Jenkins: out. someone will pay him BIG. It'll be Washington.
Harrell: out. Or IR. Whatever comes first.
Green: in
Ross: out
Guy: out.

LB:
Barnett: in. I still not sure about this, I think he stays, I just don't know if he earns some playing time or re-structures his contrat.
Chillar: out. Too much money too little production.
Poppinga: out
Young: out
Wilhem: out
Jackson: out
François: out.
Briggs: out
DJ Smith: in
Ricky Elmore: in
Jones: in
Zombo: out. I don't see 5 roster spots for OLBs and just 3 for ILBs. I think Zombo is is the one cut for presenting the least upside of the rest.
Walden: in

CB/S:
Bigby: out
Greco: out
Anthony Smith: in.
Levine: out.
Underwood: out. Off field problems are enough, but he wasn't reliable on the field, was inactive for the SB.
Bell: Out
Gordy: out.
Lee: in.
House: in.

K:
Crosby is back: in

I didn't list obvious players that we will keep. And, amazingly, that includes Jarrett Bush.

This would be the 53 man roster:
QBs: Rodgers, Flynn, Harrell (3)
RBs: Grant, Starks, Green (3)
FBs: Kuhn, Williams (2)
TEs: Finley, Quarless, Crabtree, Williams (4)
WR: Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Swain (5)
OL: Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, McDonald, Campbell (9)
DL: Raji, Pickett, Neal, Wynn, Green, Wilson (6)
LB: Matthews, Jones, Walden, Elmore, Hawk, Bishop, Barnett, DJ Smith (8)
CB: Woodson, Williams, Shields, Lee, House, Bush (6)
S: Collins, Peprah, Burnett, Smith (4)
P: Masthay (1)
K: Crosby (1)
LS: Goode (1)
total: 53 players

There you have it. Some rookies will be cut as almost always happens, specially now that there wasn't OTAs and minicamp. There are some surprises, as there always are. I don't think any UDFA makes the team this year, for the lack of OTAs and minicamp. And I fully expect to be almost completely wrong, because I don't remember the last time someone nailed the 53, specially without seeing this guys practice and perform in preseason.

But it is a guess, specially regarding the free agents.

Members online