Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

JimisPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the land of all you can wish for, minus the t
Ill jump on the Jolly train- we was my second favorite dlineman behing Pickett- and saying Goodell reinstates him this year. I understand that legal problems are not good for business but I don't understand why most fans on here would be fine with letting Jolly walk- before his first "lean" running with the law, he was a very productive rotation player for us.
Plus, he's under contract for another year if he's reinstated. So we get a proven player on the roster for those ineveitable injuries (knock on wood) and his experience can also be helpful to the younger guys coming in.
Love Jimi.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett's latest Twitter posting...

NickBarnett NickBarnett
Things are starting to move.... Decisions decisions decisions

NickBarnett NickBarnett
Ok not going to lie the bolts fans and lions go ******* twitter!!! I see a couple eagle fans and Tampa but overwhelmed by Detroit and SD

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was actually excited at alot of the draft picks and the UDFA signings and all these departures mean alot of these guys will actually make the team. Can't wait to see the UDFA's from MTSU, BYU and UTAH tear it up.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys seem resigned to the fact that Jenkins will not be re-signed. Why? I ask because supposedly he is in New Orleans right now.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys seem resigned to the fact that Jenkins will not be re-signed. Why? I ask because supposedly he is in New Orleans right now.

Old, injury prone and wants a long-term, high dollar contract. Unfortunately, he's just at that age, and we can't really afford him.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is enough depth to send him on his way. I have no problem with him leaving and I thank him for his services.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its been accepted for some time that he was leaving, few fans feel he is a long term investment, but are happy to see him get paid.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I want Cullen back with the Pack...Now that he has lasted past the 1st big wave, it can only help the Pack..

We know they wont break the bank for him, but they will give hm a good pay raise IF they think he is deserving..

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett's latest Twitter posting...

NickBarnett NickBarnett
Things are starting to move.... Decisions decisions decisions

NickBarnett NickBarnett
Ok not going to lie the bolts fans and lions go ******* twitter!!! I see a couple eagle fans and Tampa but overwhelmed by Detroit and SD
We play the Bolts and the Lions of course..... and if Cullen goes to the Saints, dammit. We play them in the opener. He won't be hurt by then.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it hasn't changed, we should be getting a ton of picks, including a few 3rd rounders.
Teddy will have a field day on Draft 2012. Too bad comp picks can't be traded though.

I don't think we would get any compensation for Barnett since he was not a free agent and was just cut. Up to now the free agents that have been signed by other teams wouldn't get us much i.e Colledge, Jackson, Bigby, Hall, etc. All depends on Jones and Jenkins but where they were picked initially also figures into it I believe.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that the salary floor won't go into effect until next year so Ted may very well do nothing. The only thing I would like to see him do is pick up some bodies for the offensive line.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just read that the salary floor won't go into effect until next year so Ted may very well do nothing. The only thing I would like to see him do is pick up some bodies for the offensive line.

?? Link?

I found this

We have a (proposed) deal | National Football Post

Cash Minimum (Guaranteed Spend)

In 2011 and 2012, there is league-wide commitment to cash spending of 99% of the Cap.

In 2013-16 and 2017-20, this number drops to 95%. Also during these years, each team must commit to cash spending of 89% of the Salary Cap. Analysis: This is perhaps the most player-friendly aspect of this deal. Previously there were Cap minimums but not cash minimums, requiring teams to collectively spend hard cash to the level of the Cap. To put it simply, this will require more spending on players. Teams will not be able to free-ride their way to Cap minimums only.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigby not technically cut. Sorry my post was misleading.

From GB Press Gazette. "At safety, the Packers haven’t shown any indication they’re going to re-sign Atari Bigby, a starter who missed 22 games combined the last three seasons because of ankle and hamstring injuries."

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I have never thought much of Bigby as a player. Literally worthless in coverage. He's good for a big hit once a game....but cannot cover anyone. See ya Atari.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Silver lining? They better pay Jackson or he wont play.

Trust the system, trust ted. Plus we dont play the eagles.