Green Bay Packers 'every bit as physical' as Pittsburgh Steele

Reaction score
So, you're saying the Steelers don't have a good defense? Cuz 39-26 at home sure isn't shutting them down.

The Steelers definitely lost that game. That one still sticks out as the worst game they played all season. Regardless, the Patriots weren't invincible either. They lost to the Browns, of all teams a team that the Steelers smoked twice. So, if you want to cut a spade with a spade, so be it. Midseasons swoons happen with the Steelers. After that time, they have gone 8-1. If you also think that game didn't make Lebeau think about his cover schemes, think again.

Reaction score
For the record, Snowplow...

I really didnt want to see the Steelers play the Jets in the AFC Championship. I wanted the Steelers to play New England. TRUST ME, I wanted them to go in there and avenge the 04 AFC Championship camera game.

Hopefully, they get their chance next year.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stick by it. You guys lost to the bears once, had two close call games with them too. They have something those other teams have too - DEFENSE! Flacco can put together good games, and they would just pound the ball down your throats in a run, and defensive grudge game. Their secondary is also good enough to shut down Rodgers, and maybe intercept him a few times. . Hell just like the Steelers.

Jets would let you run a little bit more, but once again they have a good secondary and did a good job shutting down the Patriots and Colts. You might have won a 9-0 game on the Jets, but they could beat you. In fact, only 9-0 against one of the two 3-4 defenses that the Packers has played is telling.

And the Steelers blew everyone they played out, correct?
I believe that overrated Falcons team that the Packers blew out took the Steelers into OT.

Miami and Buffalo were both blowout wins for the Steelers as well?

You keep harping on the Jets.........a team that didn't score on the Packers but yet beat the Steelers in the regular season. It doesn't matter what they coulda. woulda or shoulda done. They didn't beat the Packers bottom line.

So it's one of two things. Either the Jets are a great team because they beat the Steelers, which I doubt since the Packers shut them out and the Packers CAN'T be that good. OR the Jets aren't that great and maybe the Steelers aren't unbeatable.

My guess is the latter.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all of this smack talk will mean nothing in 25 and change hours.

Am I the only one who could see this going into OT?

Reaction score
The Steelers won 12 games this year. Sure, there were some really good games in there, and i've watched every one so I know that they had more than their share of close ones.

However, during 3 of their 4 losses, they were down to the wire, as well. They were in every game they played, but only the New England game sticks out the most.

The Packers had 6 losses in the regular season. So, it's not like you guys are seriously dominant either. The Steelers are also 8-1 in their last 9. The Packers are 6-3. Keep underestimating the team you are playing against.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers won 12 games this year. Sure, there were some really good games in there, and i've watched every one so I know that they had more than their share of close ones.

However, during 3 of their 4 losses, they were down to the wire, as well. They were in every game they played, but only the New England game sticks out the most.

The Packers had 6 losses in the regular season. So, it's not like you guys are seriously dominant either. The Steelers are also 8-1 in their last 9. The Packers are 6-3. Keep underestimating the team you are playing against.
and all 6 of those losses came by 4 points or less and we've never trailed by more than 7 points all season.. so dont go coming in here talking close games with us.. POINT BLANK NOBODY IS WHOOPING UP ON THE PACK.. get it through your head kid

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're the one harping on the Jets and Ravens and how they could do this or that to the Packers.

The Jets couldn't even score on the Pack so obviously they aren't that great even if they did beat your Steelers.

And who's saying Clay Matthews is overrated and the Packers defense isn't that good?

Sounds like you're the one underestimating how good the Packers are, not the other way around.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know.. I really do which the press would just shut up.

As far as the actual discussion for who is more physical- I think what tips the scales in the favor of the Steelers, is the offense. Kemo blows people up on guard pulls, Heath puts a nice hit on people in screens, Ben will actually even throw solid blocks, and of course, then there is our wide receivers, like Hines.

I haven't seen the Packers' offense enough to comment completely, but from what I saw last Sunday, if that is any indicator, I think the scale tips to Pittsburgh.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I guess we'll just have to play the game to see who's toughest. I like the Packers

Reaction score
You're the one harping on the Jets and Ravens and how they could do this or that to the Packers.

The Jets couldn't even score on the Pack so obviously they aren't that great even if they did beat your Steelers.

And who's saying Clay Matthews is overrated and the Packers defense isn't that good?

Sounds like you're the one underestimating how good the Packers are, not the other way around.

The Jets offense is pretty good, and they have a good wide receiving tandem, and LT did his usual great regular season, ok in the playoffs routine. They showed up really well in the game in the regular season in Pittsburgh, and it was a pretty well balanced game. Granted we didn't have Polamalu and Miller in that game, and the last two plays in the end zone could have won it, but the back-up safety dropped the pass, otherwise Steelers would have won that one too. I think the Jets got 22 points on the Steelers.

The Ravens on the other hand are always a mentally taxing and demanding physical game. The games are defensive chess matches interspersed with big plays. The Steelers beat them twice. The game in Baltimore Ben had his nose broken by Ngata (who is a much fiercer player than Raji) and he still managed to win that one somehow with that Redman pass.

Either way, we've beaten good teams this season too. I will say that what separates the Steelers from the Jets and Ravens is Ben. The Jets and Ravens have more than competent wide outs. Their quarterbacks just aren't on Bens level yet.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what. If Steelers fans want to come in here and say that our Packers team will be a pushover, and is overrated, and whatever else they say. That's cool.

In fact, I hope the Steeler's are thinking the exact same thing right now. I hope behind closed doors they are saying that we are weak, that we are not physical, that we are a joke, that we don't stand a chance. I really do. And more than just saying it, I hope they believe it.
FYI: They are not taking the Packers lightly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts