Green Bay Packers 'every bit as physical' as Pittsburgh Steele

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
And during those 4 games without Ben, the defense played lights out. The most points scored during the first 5 weeks was 17 points by the Ravens.

If Packer fans think Rodgers is going to just light up the scoreboard they have another thing coming. Rodgers is going to have to earn every touchdown the hard way come tomorrow.

Talk is cheap. We'll find out tomorrow. let's just play the game.

Reaction score
You focus on the wrong stat line. Who gives a flying **** about YARDS?? Let me ask you a question...

When was the last time you saw this as the final score:

Green Bay 459 yards
Pittsburgh 278 yards

Pitt wins...

Do rushing yards win football games? Do passing yards win football games? What wins football games?

Oh, yeah, that's right, those things call POINTS win football games. That's all I care about. POINTS. I could give two ***** if we give up 800 yards a game, as long as we only give up 10-15 points. If our opponent only scores 15 points a game, I like our chances.

So what were the two TOP defenses in the league this year?

#1 Pittsburgh 14.5 PPG
#2 Green Bay 15.0 PPG

So please, explain to me again why Pittsburgh's defense is SOOOO much better than Green Bay's?

BTW, this was a rhetorical question, there's nobody in their sane mind that actually believes the **** that you're spewing.

Both defenses have shown to be very good during the regular season and the Super Bowl is between the two best defenses in the league. Just the way it should be if you ask me.

Fair enough. But, when I look at Strength of Schedule, you guys finished with the 2nd easiest schedule in the league, AND STILL DIDN'T WIN YOUR DIVISION!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Fair enough. But, when I look at Strength of Schedule, you guys finished with the 2nd easiest schedule in the league, AND STILL DIDN'T WIN YOUR DIVISION!

Take a look at common opponets during the regular season - that would be interesting. For example, you both played the Pats and Jets. :D

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACK to the topic of PHYSICAL.The Pack is in the top 5 physical teams.Watch out for Heath Miller,Matt Spaeth and Ward blocking the Packers undersized line backers on the edges clearing the way for Mendenhall.Your line backers are good,but undersized.Heath Miller had a great game with Mathews covering him also!!!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2nd easiest in the league? You have anything to back that up? Who was the first? The Bears?

I have a hard time believing we had the second easiest schedule in the league considering we had to go to Philly, to New England, to Atlanta, to NY Jets, played the 11-5 Bears twice, played the Giants, who had at the time probably the best pass rush in the league, etc...

We also were missing our QB for 2 games (He wasn't right for the Washington game) and put 15 however many on IR.

Not saying the Steelers didn't experience difficulties and obstacles during the season, but you seem to enjoy belittling everything the Packers do, and refuse to give credit, as a Homer would.

Truth is, what they've gone through, to end up where they are at this point is nothing short of amazing. Going on the road in the playoffs and beating the #1, #2 and #3 seeds is no easy task, as Steelers fans know.

If you honestly think that the Steelers will roll the Packers with no resistance and that we are not even in your league, you are sorely mistaken.

But I can't tell if you really think it, or if you're just trying to start **** like most of the other Steeler fans who have migrated over this week to our forum...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers are 3-2 in common games. Packers are 2-3.

Dolphins- packers lost and you guys should have lost as well. you know it.

Pats - You lost @ home 39-26 while the packers lost @ foxboro by 4 when we didnt have Rodgers.

Bills - You won 19-16 while we won 34-7

Jets - You lost (reg season) 22-17 @ home while we won 9-0 @ NY

Falcons - You won without Ben @ home 15-9 while we lost @ atl 20-17.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to that link he posted the steelers were 23rd in the league. Still not impressed. sorry

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACK to the topic of PHYSICAL.The Pack is in the top 5 physical teams.Watch out for Heath Miller,Matt Spaeth and Ward blocking the Packers undersized line backers on the edges clearing the way for Mendenhall.Your line backers are good,but undersized.Heath Miller had a great game with Mathews covering him also!!!
:eek:fftopic: Lets get back on topic.

Reaction score
2nd easiest in the league? You have anything to back that up? Who was the first? The Bears?

I have a hard time believing we had the second easiest schedule in the league considering we had to go to Philly, to New England, to Atlanta, to NY Jets, played the 11-5 Bears twice, played the Giants, who had at the time probably the best pass rush in the league, etc...

We also were missing our QB for 2 games (He wasn't right for the Washington game) and put 15 however many on IR.

Not saying the Steelers didn't experience difficulties and obstacles during the season, but you seem to enjoy belittling everything the Packers do, and refuse to give credit, as a Homer would.

Truth is, what they've gone through, to end up where they are at this point is nothing short of amazing. Going on the road in the playoffs and beating the #1, #2 and #3 seeds is no easy task, as Steelers fans know.

If you honestly think that the Steelers will roll the Packers with no resistance and that we are not even in your league, you are sorely mistaken.

But I can't tell if you really think it, or if you're just trying to start **** like most of the other Steeler fans who have migrated over this week to our forum...

The Packers FINISHED, not started with the 2nd easiest schedule in the league, and they finished that schedule 10-6. The Steelers had the 9th easiest schedule and we finished 12-4. Sorry, but those are the facts. We had a bit tougher schedule, and finished +8 games ahead over our losses, the Packers had the 2nd easiest schedule after the Saints and finished +4 games ahead of their losses.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers FINISHED, not started with the 2nd easiest schedule in the league, and they finished that schedule 10-6. The Steelers had the 9th easiest schedule and we finished 12-4. Sorry, but those are the facts. We had a bit tougher schedule, and finished +8 games ahead over our losses, the Packers had the 2nd easiest schedule after the Saints and finished +4 games ahead of their losses.

Thats funny actually, because against quality(teams with winning records) opponents the Steelers went 3 and 4 while the Packers went 4 and 3.

In those games the Steelers averaged 19.0 and gave up 18.6.
The Packers averaged 21.7 and gave up 15.9

Were better against quality teams than you are. Sorry but those are the facts. :)

Reaction score
Thats funny actually, because against quality(teams with winning records) opponents the Steelers went 3 and 4 while the Packers went 4 and 3.

In those games the Steelers averaged 19.0 and gave up 18.6.
The Packers averaged 21.7 and gave up 15.9

Were better against quality teams than you are. Sorry but those are the facts. :)

Hmm... I see losses to the Lions, Miami, and the Redskins.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Hmm... I see losses to the Lions, Miami, and the Redskins.

Well, if Miami isn't a quality opponent, then why did the Steelers only beat them by 1 lousy point? You guys should have beaten them by at least a TD.

How come the Steelers only beat the Buffalo Bills by 3? You guys should have beaten them by at least 2 TDs, maybe more.

Huh.

:happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if Miami isn't a quality opponent, then why did the Steelers only beat them by 1 lousy point? You guys should have beaten them by at least a TD.

How come the Steelers only beat the Buffalo Bills by 3? You guys should have beaten them by at least 2 TDs, maybe more.

Huh.

:happy0005:

beat them? they stole that game.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP-upsdyupM]YouTube - Dolphins vs. Steelers Controversial Call (10.24.10)[/ame]

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the Dolphins just don't know how tough the Steelers are. The refs understand this, therefore they get the benefit of any doubt.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
That Buffalo game was lost by an incompetent receiver who dropped the game winner wide open in the endzone lol

Shush now. That vaunted Steel Curtain used it's Magic Mojo™ to cause that. That was totally the Steeler D that won that game. For reals.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Buffalo game was lost by an incompetent receiver who dropped the game winner wide open in the endzone lol
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJWBWcFD_4]YouTube - Steve Johnson Drops Game Winning TD .. Steelers vs. Bills 2010[/ame]

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shush now. That vaunted Steel Curtain used it's Magic Mojo™ to cause that. That was totally the Steeler D that won that game. For reals.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah, that's true.

Actually, the more I think about it, I'm not even sure why we should show up, I mean we don't stand a chance against that unstoppable force that is the Pittsburgh Steelers :banghead:

Members online

Latest posts