Green Bay Packers 'every bit as physical' as Pittsburgh Steele

Reaction score
Of course you ignore 3 of the last 5 games the Packers played. All of which were "Win or go home" situations for the Pack.
And you are in such denial of the Pack that you of course ignored the win in Atlanta which was an indoor situation.
Which is why I am feeling and expecting a blowout for the Pack against the Steelers.
Do not underestimate the Packers.
But hey. Feel free to do so, so that you will be surprised at just how awesome they are when they blow away the Steelers.

Atlanta was obviously overrated. A lot of people were saying that going into the playoffs. In fact, Atlanta didn't even really show up in the playoffs. Some teams do that. They play well in the regular season, and not so well in the playoffs when it really counts. The Steelers, will show up. They not only will show up, but you guys better show up if you want to win.

What I find interesting is the Eagles and Bears games where the "oohhh so dominant-greatest team of all time in the history of entire professional football" 1. didn't score more than 21 points in either game, and 2. Let those teams hang around.

Pittsburghs defense is better than both the Bears, and Eagles. Atlanta was obviously a pretender, and the wheels were showing signs of coming off on that team many times during the last few weeks of the regular season.

The Steelers have been in every game this season. New England was our let down game. This is now the Superbowl, where the bright lights and big stage is on. I like the Steelers chances at this stage a lot, because they thrive in these sort of games.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad you are confident,but you must have forgot how your team let the jets back into the game,they were worried but again luck paved the way,and you won,I also believe you played Miami and the t.d. in that game had a big Question mark so rant on about how great your team is,and they are good but we will show why we are there,to win and I still believe they will they have one ingredient your team lacks and that is heart,I belive in our team and believe they will win for the whole of wisconsin go pack go

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Jets are a much much better defense than the Packers.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

As if. The Jets defense was great for a few minutes here, a few minutes there, but rarely did they ever play a complete game in any way - sometimes their D would suck for a whole half and then finally get going... Saying the Jets had a better defense than the Packers is the funniest thing I've seen today. :happy0005:

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelisstrongerthancheese: Don't use stats to prove the Steelers are the best defense, and then claim the Jets have a better defense than the Packers. You can't have it both ways.

Reaction score
The Steelers have more than enough heart. That to me is a joke, that you think they don't have any. PLEASE. 2 Superbowl trophies in the last 6 years, and close to adding a third.

By all means, take them lightly. I've heard this same smack talk from Seahawks and Cardinal fans too. By the way, during 08, the Cardinals offense was better than the old packer wideouts. The Seahawks also had the best offense in 06, and Hasselbeck played less than consistently that entire game. Also, let's also consider the ohh so great Peyton Manning. Last year, everyone predicted the Colts, but it was the Saints defense that one it.

I could easily see the Steelers getting 3 interceptions in this game, if the Packers do nothing but air it out.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelisstrongerthancheese: Don't use stats to prove the Steelers are the best defense, and then claim the Jets have a better defense than the Packers. You can't have it both ways.

He doesn't think, he just speaks...

Some people weren't given the ability to do both.

It's a shame, but at least it's entertaining.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was amazed how civil everything was for the last couple of days.. Unleash the Steeler trolls until Sunday.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
NY Jets were the third best defense in the league:

2010 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Packers were 5th. NY Jets are better.

Where are the Jets right now? Other than dealing with the news that their QB is tappin' 17-year old ***, I mean?

Oh yeah. Not playing. You know why? Their defense was over-rated, much like the rest of the team. Stats never show the complete picture. While on paper, the Jets D is "better" than the Packer D, in practice and in reality the Jets defense had serious issues that bit them in the butt. They also had a ****** offense that couldn't get the job done most of the time. The Packers don't have that problem.

Reaction score
Where are the Jets right now? Other than dealing with the news that their QB is tappin' 17-year old ***, I mean?

Oh yeah. Not playing. You know why? Their defense was over-rated, much like the rest of the team. Stats never show the complete picture. While on paper, the Jets D is "better" than the Packer D, in practice and in reality the Jets defense had serious issues that bit them in the butt.

The Jets are out of the playoffs thanks to the Steelers. YOU KNOW, the team that your favorite team is playing tomorrow.

You should be worried, considering that the Jets had better stats defensively than the Packers. In fact 300 total yards less than the Packers through a full season.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
The Jets are out of the playoffs thanks to the Steelers. YOU KNOW, the team that your favorite team is playing tomorrow.

You should be worried, considering that the Jets had better stats defensively than the Packers. In fact 300 total yards less than the Packers through a full season.

My favorite team isn't playing you tomorrow. In fact, if you had to play my favorite team in the playoffs you probably wouldn't be in the Super Bowl :rotfl:

But I digress. The Packers this year are like New England, but with a defense. YOU should be worried, imho. :happy0005:

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throughout the Playoffs I have heard the Packers are the "Hottest Team" in the game...like a religious mantra it is played over and over again...Like a rabid din of a Tibetan chant. Fact is, they are not the hottest. They're 6-3 in their last 9 games.

Steelers are 8-1 in our last 9 games

Remind me, who's the hottest team?

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And who allowed fewer points? The Jets or Packers?

Or in your mind do teams win games by yardage alone?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Remind me, who's the hottest team?

I'm guessing the team that suddenly turned it on and started playing the best ball of the season to make the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl.

I mean, you guys did win 3 out of 4 with Charlie Batch at QB. :happy0005:

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... if you had to play my favorite team in the playoffs you probably wouldn't be in the Super Bowl
I am reminded from history the relevance of your statement.In 346 BC, the Spartans were regarded as archetypal strong, silent types, well characterized by the following story, cited by historians. Phillip II of Macedon, father of Alexander the Great, and a brilliant and ruthless military strategist, sent the Spartans a message that said: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.."
The Spartans laconically replied, "If."

Better luck next year, eagles fan.
Enjoy watching the other Penn Team the Steelers in the Super Bowl.
No "If". Again.

Reaction score
I am reminded from history the relevance of your statement.In 346 BC, the Spartans were regarded as archetypal strong, silent types, well characterized by the following story, cited by historians. Phillip II of Macedon, father of Alexander the Great, and a brilliant and ruthless military strategist, sent the Spartans a message that said: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.."
The Spartans laconically replied, "If."

Better luck next year, eagles fan.
Enjoy watching the other Penn Team the Steelers in the Super Bowl.
No "If". Again.

New England has always been the Steelers achilles heel during the last decade.

However, the Steelers aren't playing New England tomorrow. They are playing a Packers team that the Steelers beat last year when our defense was without key players.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score

However, the Steelers aren't playing New England tomorrow. They are playing a Packers team that the Steelers beat last year when our defense was without key players.

Like I said, you're not playing my favorite team - in addition, you're not playing last years' Packers, either.

Reaction score
And during those 4 games without Ben, the defense played lights out. The most points scored during the first 5 weeks was 17 points by the Ravens.

If Packer fans think Rodgers is going to just light up the scoreboard they have another thing coming. Rodgers is going to have to earn every touchdown the hard way come tomorrow.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NY Jets were the third best defense in the league:

2010 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Packers were 5th. NY Jets are better.

You focus on the wrong stat line. Who gives a flying **** about YARDS?? Let me ask you a question...

When was the last time you saw this as the final score:

Green Bay 459 yards
Pittsburgh 278 yards

Pitt wins...

Do rushing yards win football games? Do passing yards win football games? What wins football games?

Oh, yeah, that's right, those things call POINTS win football games. That's all I care about. POINTS. I could give two ***** if we give up 800 yards a game, as long as we only give up 10-15 points. If our opponent only scores 15 points a game, I like our chances.

So what were the two TOP defenses in the league this year?

#1 Pittsburgh 14.5 PPG
#2 Green Bay 15.0 PPG

So please, explain to me again why Pittsburgh's defense is SOOOO much better than Green Bay's?

BTW, this was a rhetorical question, there's nobody in their sane mind that actually believes the **** that you're spewing.

Both defenses have shown to be very good during the regular season and the Super Bowl is between the two best defenses in the league. Just the way it should be if you ask me.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
And during those 4 games without Ben, the defense played lights out. The most points scored during the first 5 weeks was 17 points by the Ravens.

If Packer fans think Rodgers is going to just light up the scoreboard they have another thing coming. Rodgers is going to have to earn every touchdown the hard way come tomorrow.

It won't be a cakewalk for the Steelers, either. That's the point, really.

Reaction score
Like I said, you're not playing my favorite team - in addition, you're not playing last years' Packers, either.

Agreed.

And until you state who your favorite team is, then i'm not playing "games of the obscure".

The Steelers defense is much more improved over last year. We got McFadden back from the Cardinals, Clark is gone, and Polamalu is back. The Steelers defensively are much more aligned with the 08 Superbowl year, then last season when they suffered a lot of key injuries, like Polamalu going down in the first game.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Patriots?

Canned Ham and Roast Beef!! Canned Ham and Roast Beef!! Who said anything about the Pats?
:D

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Patriots?

Canned Ham and Roast Beef!! Canned Ham and Roast Beef!! Who said anything about the Pats?
:D

That's my favorite team. :happy0005:

Seriously, though, like someone else said - tomorrow's game will be a battle between the two best defenses in the league, the way it should be.

I still give the Packer offense the edge, though, so I expect they will win. :D

Latest posts