Green Bay Packers: A Scout's Take on Stephone Anthony and Paul Dawson

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Landry talked about Anthony first. The former Tiger had 69 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, one interception and two forced fumbles in 2014.

"I love Anthony," Landry said. "I think he's really an instinctive player and I like him a lot."

At the combine, Anthony had a very good outing, as he ran a very quick 4.56 in the 40, which is outstanding for a player of his size (6'3", 243 pounds). He also leaped 37 inches in the vertical jump and had a very solid 4.03 time in the 20-yard shuttle.

Anthony is overshadowed by a fellow linebacker from Clemson, Vic Beasley. A number of draft experts, including Bucky Brooks, Charles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com, all have Beasley going in the top 10 of the draft as a matter of fact.

Landry then turned his attention to Dawson, who had 128 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, two forced fumbles and four interceptions for the Horned Frogs this past season.

"I love the kid from TCU," Landry said. But I've got to go to Dallas because he and the safety [Chris Hackett] had awful workouts.

"So, I've got to find out. Were they dead-legged? Did they not train? Did they train inappropriately or didn't rest enough? Or are there some other issues going on, because they play a lot faster than 4.8 or 4.9 at safety and linebacker.

"They play like 4.5 guys. So, we got to figure that out. Remember what I say. The combine is a 90 percent rule. 90 percent of the time, the workout matches the tape. It's the 10 percent that doesn't. That's when you have to do more work.

"Those two [Dawson and Hackett] fall into the 10 percent. So stay tuned."

As Landry alluded to, the combine did not go well for the 6'0", 235-pound Dawson. He ran just a 4.93 in the 40 and leaped only 28 inches in the vertical jump.

Yes, more work has to be done. That is true for all NFL teams. The individual pro days will be coming up soon. That is where prospects will try and better their performance at the combine if they decide to do so.

As Landry said, "Stay tuned."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...outs-take-on-stephone-anthony-and-paul-dawson

Interesting overall read.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts