Dave Rayner-ERFA
Jon Ryan-ERFA
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila-UFA
Tracy White-UFA

Green, Taylor, Jenkins, R Martin

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cole, Jenkins, R. Martin, D. Martin, Lee, Rob Davis, Herron and of course Green.

KGB is under contract yet. Keep White and the kickers.

Our DL has really been coming together and playing well. Jenkins especially has had a very good season. Cole has been solid, great guy in the rotation.

Ruvell showed he can play in the last game. He has the size and will become better with experience. He's a cheap guy to bring into camp until someone better can take the job. I think Holliday falls in the same category as Ruvell, but don't know if he's a FA.

D. Martin and Lee should be brought back cheap with major competition. Give them a chance, but they must earn their spots.

Rob Davis should come back if he doesn't retire. The guy has a ton of experience and is one of the best LS in the game.

Herron should be given a chance to make the team, but he should have some tough competition from the draft IMO. Green should come back. I expect him to play very well next season with some experience in the new running style, along with the OL coming together to get better.

The kickers showed they could get the job done. Rayner struggled in the last game, but it appears he will develop into a good kicker and he's got a monster leg. Ryan has gotten better with changing his style from the CFL and showed he can do fine.

T. White is a monster on special teams. A very solid back-up with good speed and intensity at LB.

GO PACK GO!!!

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Critical: Jenkins
At the right price: Green, R Martin, Cole, Davis

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green- I would try to resign him..But not for more than 2 years Collin Cole-Definitly. we need him on that D line for sure
Cullen Jenkins-Same as cole!
Noah Herron-keep him. he has done everything right when he has been in
Ruvell Martin-yes, very decent backup
Rob Davis-yes if we can get him for very cheap??

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres A List of all Teams Click Me

1. Ahman Green-UFA
2. David Martin-UFA
3. Allen Kenderick-UFA
4. Ben Taylor-UFA
5. Donald Lee-UFA
6. Collin Cole-ERFA
7. Cullen Jenkins-RFA
8. Noah Herron-ERFA
9. Tory Humphrey-ERFA
10. Ruvell Martin-UFA
11. Rob Davis-UFA

Dont Know If There Free Agents Or Not
Dave Rayner-ERFA
Jon Ryan-ERFA
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila-UFA
Tracy White-UFA

Green, only for one year though
Cole
Jenkins
Ruvell
Davis

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Green, Jenkins, R Martin, and a new deal for Al Harris!!!!

I totally agree

But i would also like to add Randy Moss and Tony Gonzales through free agency.

Then add Laron Landry and Kenny Irons in the '07 draft

GB's 5 WRers would be DD, GJ, KRob, Moss, Martin

Gonzales at TE

Green at RB w/Irons as backup

Go Packers

gbpackers0065

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say we keep green until that excellent class of Sophmore RB's comes in keep davis, taylor, martin, holiday, jenkins, herron, ryan, cole

Tony Gonzalez will be franchised according to the Chiefs

Eric Johnson and Ben Graham are good FA's

maybe another DE or DT

cut manuel and franks

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss would have to be had via trade.

1. Ahman Green - I'd like to keep him if the salary isn't to extreme but I still feel we need to get younger here as well.

2. Ben Taylor - I like Taylor as well. I think he's a quality backup and a good special teams player.

3. Collin Cole - Cole would be nice to keep. He has a pretty good year.

4. Cullen Jenkins - Jenkins earned his place the last few weeks.

5. Ruvell Martin - Martin is a nice young prospect.

That's who I would keep.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could you not keep Rob Davis. The guy is money every snap. He is a vet and I would like to see him retire a Packer.

Reaction score
How could you not keep Rob Davis. The guy is money every snap. He is a vet and I would like to see him retire a Packer.

Actually I can remember a few snaps that were not so good, and were it not for Ryan, snaps that could have cost us the game...

I was the least impressed with Davis this year out of any other year I have seen him play. :(

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Ahman Green-UFA
2. David Martin-UFA
3. Allen Kenderick-UFA
4. Ben Taylor-UFA
5. Donald Lee-UFA
6. Collin Cole-ERFA
7. Cullen Jenkins-RFA
8. Noah Herron-ERFA
9. Tory Humphrey-ERFA
10. Ruvell Martin-UFA
11. Rob Davis-UFA

Dave Rayner-ERFA
Jon Ryan-ERFA
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila-UFA
Tracy White-UFA

Jenkins must be kept. R Martin, I could see a bright future for him. Herron's a decent 3rd stringer. Cole I'd like to keep. Green I'd like to keep. I love the way Green fought for every yard against the Bears Sunday.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay, meanwhile, is poised to bring back running back Ahman Green. He said after the game Sunday that his agent has been in discussions with team management about a new contract. Green held up for the entire season after suffering a season-ending ruptured thigh in 2005 and set a franchise record with his sixth 1,000-yard rushing season. Green had signed a one-year, incentive-laden contract last off-season and tops the Packers' short list of potential free agents this off-season.

"I'm looking forward to next season, being in green and gold. That's the only thing that's on my mind," Green said.

Green, 30 in February, stayed relatively healthy in his ninth season, and averaged four yards-per-carry in 14 starts. The Packers have a strong insurance policy in Vernand Morency and will be able to focus on other need areas (safety, possibly quarterback) with Green re-signed, but guaranteeing him too much money would limit their spending power.

Not sure which website this is from, I stole it from another forum. Sounds like TT will try to sign Ahman to a simliar contract to last year's.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Ahman Green-UFA
2. David Martin-UFA
3. Allen Kenderick-UFA
4. Ben Taylor-UFA
5. Donald Lee-UFA
6. Collin Cole-ERFA
7. Cullen Jenkins-RFA
8. Noah Herron-ERFA
9. Tory Humphrey-ERFA
10. Ruvell Martin-UFA
11. Rob Davis-UFA

Dave Rayner-ERFA
Jon Ryan-ERFA
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila-UFA
Tracy White-UFA

We'd be a fool not to keep Rayner and Ryan...to strike gold in the first season without Longwell...with Rayner, we could've been one of these teams like the Cowboys or Redskins who havent had a solid kicker in 10 years.

Ben Taylor should be let go, his injury problems range beyond this one season...

Kenderick Allen ditto (see above)

Ahman Green is back to form and should be brought back

Cullen Jenkins was one of the main factors in the D's turnaround, no excuses to not bring him back

Noah Herron is starting to remind me of Tony Fisher, being used in shotgun as a blocker, and also catching some passes, shouldnt cost much of anything, bring him back

Colin Cole faded as the season drew to a close, but we're going to need someone behind Pickett/Williams...after him it's Johnny Jolly and nobnody else

Ruvell martin really came on at the end of the season, I think our offense can do some really good things if our recievers are Driver, Jennings, __cheap vet FA__, Martin, Holiday...spread the field and have some room for injury for once

I dont know what to say about the TE position...Donald Lee and David Martin are up in the air, Bubba Franks, well...I'd almost be in favor of gutting the whole position, starting from scratch, MAYBE keeping Donald Lee...Martin allowed to walk, Franks forced to walk by means of a release...

largetree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can Ruvell Martin be a UFA when he only has 1 year in the league. Unless Packers release him they own his rights for next three years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How can Ruvell Martin be a UFA when he only has 1 year in the league. Unless Packers release him they own his rights for next three years.

might been typo? that site says david..but then agian the site says kgb is a ufa??

packers fa

Allen, Kenderick DT UFA
Cole, Colin DT ERFA
Davis, Rob LS UFA
Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer DE UFA
Green, Ahman RB UFA
Herron, Noah RB ERFA
Humphrey, Tory TE ERFA
Jenkins, Cullen DT RFA
Lee, Donald TE UFA
Martin, David TE UFA
Ryan, Jon P ERFA
Taylor, Ben LB UFA
White, Tracy LB UFA

~~~~~~~~`

I found this list on the packers news

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Kenderick Allen DT - if he passes a physical, vet minimum, no bonus - see if he gets thru camp
Todd Bouman QB - thanks, bye.
Rob Davis LS - one year, 600K
Ahman Green RB - I'd love to see them work out a decent two year deal with an optional third. I still don't think he's going to hit it big on the market.
Donald Lee TE - wait and see, no urgency
David Martin TE - wait and see, no urgency
Ben Taylor LB - wait and see, no urgency
Tracy White LB - wait and see, no urgency

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Cullen Jenkins DT - he's gotta get at least the 1st round tender - but probably the 1st/3rd.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tender jenkins at the 1st round level. NO ONE will give a first for him! deion branch and john abraham are worth 1st's. not kris jenkins little brother. not to knock cullen, but there is no reason to tender him at the 1st and third level.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tender jenkins at the 1st round level. NO ONE will give a first for him! deion branch and john abraham are worth 1st's. not kris jenkins little brother. not to knock cullen, but there is no reason to tender him at the 1st and third level.

I didnt put those notes in there..it was part of the article, and looking back on it it was a readers commment?

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:

I didnt put those notes in there..it was part of the article, and looking back on it it was a readers commment?

i didn't think that u said that. i was just posting what i thought we should do with jenkins. i think Gb would much rather have another first than cullen jenkins.

Members online

Latest posts