1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Green Bay Packer Fans Needed!

Discussion in 'The Green Bay Life' started by danwilton, Dec 1, 2011.

1. danwilton

danwilton Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone

I'm a London UK based Green Bay fan (a slightly rare breed!). I don't know anyone out here who's into the NFL, let alone a Packer fan. I've been a fan since '92

As well as being a fan I'm a photographer. I'm in the planning stages of a photography project based on Packer fans. I want to document the unique character of Packer fans - in particular the relationship of such a devoted fan base with it's team in such a small city as Green Bay. It's a personal project - most likely it'll end up in exhibition back here in London and hopefully also in Green Bay

I'm planning to visit Green Bay during the playoff period from roughly the 12th - 24th January (I'm assuming 2 home playoff games!). I'm looking for hardcore Green Bay fans, ideally to shoot portraits at their houses, at work, and also at the games, tailgate parties, bars etc

Anyone interested? Or know anyone who you think would be? Or have contacts for fan organisations/groups in Green Bay that I could chat to?

Here's a link to my website showing my work - www.danwilton.co.uk

Thanks for your help

GO PACK!

Dan

(apologies for posting this twice, seemed to make sense to post here and in introducing page)

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I will send this to someone that might get the word out even faster

3. danwilton

danwilton Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks that's great! While I think of it - one fan I know I have to shoot a portrait of is St Vince. He rules

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    He wont be hard to find lol

5. danwilton

danwilton Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha. Is he on this forum? I want to get in touch before I come out - would be great to shoot a portrait of him at his home, stuff like that

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    No he isnt..But if you walk around the stadium before kick off you will see him

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    St Vince guards Lambeau Field. :)

8. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    There will be many things to photograph just visiting Green Bay - painted fences, signs in yards, street signs/names, etc. Go to Lambeau and visit the Hall of Fame - fans will be there and you can pose them at St. Vince's desk, etc., there, or on a stadium tour. Go to the parking lot during a home game and take photos of the Home of the Tailgate Party. Show up at a sports bar almost any time. See if you can visit an elementary school on a Packer spirit day.

People in Wisconsin wear Packer stuff all year long! They will be happy to be photographed supporting our team. Great idea for a project! Post the link to the finished product for us, please.

Oh, and wear your long-johns:)

9. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    I got a picture with him at the Shareholders' meeting in July - and another at a Houston game a few years ago. It was really fun!

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Dan, I really really love your avatar!
    The best one I've ever seen on here!
    (Besides mine, of course.) :D

11. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    He's on Facebook. St Vince.