Green Bay - League Parity

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay Guys - RYAN's comment about the Eagles winning it all this coming Season got me to thinking....

Since we all know the NFC Nort' is about to become (once again) one of the more competitive Divisions in the League... Across the NFL - which Teams would you rank... in what order? C'mon guys - just list from memory... no readin' off some chart on the NFL site... We've all pretty much watched which Teams drafted better than the others... and, we watched which players went to what Teams during Free Agency... and in a general sense.. almost everyone who posts regularly here should have some idea of the current standings from top to bottom.....

Here's mine ------
<center>

• NFC Nort'

Vikings
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears
</center>
Yea, yea - I know - we're ALWAYS supposed to list Green Bay on top...
I'm not drinkin' the Kool-Aid today... so bite me!

<center>

• ALL Teams - from memory

Patriots (until someone else knocks them off)
    Steelers
    Falcons
    Eagles
    Chargers
    Jets
    Ravens (you watch)
    Vikings / Packers (pretty even comparitively)
    Seattle
    Denver
    Rams (looking to take a slide this year... IMHO)
</center>
After this - I don't think it really matters how ya list anyone else!

Now, certainly, I'll go look at all the web sites and see what the so-called pundits are saying... and my focus (as usual) will be on those Teams which have shown better improvement on Defense first - then everything else afterwards.

Also - put in here which Team will slide from the top - to the bottom and vice-versa!

Who's next?

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think the Eagles are going to bite this year. Especially without TO. Mcpuke is a decent QB but he won't have anybody to throw the ball to. They released Freddie Mitchell and Todd Stinkston will never be a go to receiver, he's scared to catch the ball across the middle. Sooner or later they have to throw the ball. There is no way to get to the playoffs without a good receiver core and as of right now they don't have one. As for Minnesota they will be the team to beat in the Nort, but haven't they been the team to beat the last couple of years? I'm sure their ignoramous coach will find a way to screw it up some how. Plus I don't think there is anyway that Brett is going to let the Viqueens embrass his team again. As for the AFC who cares whoever makes it to the superbowl is going to get beat by the Pack so it doesn't really matter what they do. IPB I'm drinkin' enough Kool-AId for both of us don't worry.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC North
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikes
4. Bears

How's that for sticking your neck out? :shock: :cross:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC North
1.) Packers
2.) Vikings
3.) Liona
4.) Bears

Rest

Patriots
Eagles
Colts
Ravens
Panthers
Falcons
Chargers
Bills

This early in the year, who knows especially with Salary cap and free agency. Who expected the Chargers to reverse their record from on year to the next. Im not sold on Patriots, but I'm being saying that for the last three years. Until it is proved on the football field, I have to go with the 3 time Super Bowl Champions The Patriots. I'm going with the Packers in the North. I 'm not sold on all the new people the Vikings have added working together as a cohesive defensive unit and the coaching is suspect, along with this dome team playing outside in winter weather.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Understandable, PWT, very understandable....

Here's the thing --- Usually, I'm not this focused on Footballl period this time of year... I have my spring yard work to do and there's gettin' other things done... The Club is on hiatus while we prep for new Shirts and more Sponsors...

I'm real interested this year for several reasons - the primary reason being this could be (possibly) Brett Favre's last year in the NFL, at least as a Player. Heck, for all we know, he could end up being a Commentator on some Sports Show.

Watching the FA period, then the Draft, and next up is the June 1st deadline for seeing all the dead flies fall off the lists of each Team, including the Packers... is going to be very, very interesting!

I see you added Buffalo to your list... I looked over their Player Roster and only saw (like) four "known" tangibles.... Wanna say why you think they'd be contenders this year?

Personally, I think the Colts are gonna go **** this year... and after that, they'll start thinking about bringing an up & coming QB in next year's Draft to replace ol' Choke "Happy Feet" Manning... Even with the $99 mil contract... The Irsay Family has never been all that smart and with Dungy trying to convert over to an Offensive type HC instead of the legendary "defensive-minded" approach which made him famous throughout the League... well, I just don't see them going anywhere near the SuperBowl.... even if they do bring in that powder puff turf like what Ford Field is now using... 'Course, I could be wrong - but I kinda doubt it.

Anyone else? - What about listing who should stay, or become, tops in their Divisions?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buffalo has a great team prez.

did you notice the last half of the year they were on fire...almost made the playoffs which was tough as hell in the afc.

the only reason i think they'll take a step back this season is because is they gave the reigns to the very green Losman. didn't seem very bright to me. they gave him a year to learn on the bench which should help acclimate him to the offense...but we all saw how much that helped Palmer his first year behind center.

does anybody else wanna see Eli Manning fail miserably? does that make me evil? i hope he sucks it up big time and never amounts to anything. :twisted:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli has a LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGG ways to go to be as good as Peyton.

I was hoping Rivers would get traded to Wash or Dallas so he could play against Eli a couple of times a year. Of course, Rivers was who replaced Eli when he pouted and said he wouldn't play for the Chargers, who,by the way, should be much better than NY the next few years. :mrgreen:

Ludders86

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC:
1. Packers (obviously) :D
2. vikings (D looks good on paper but who knows? And they'll probably find a way to choke)
3. Lions
4. bears (they all reckon they're going to be so good this year-nevermind the pack have got 2 games to bring them down to earth!)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Although I'm worried about the Vikings, I can't put them above a three time running division champ until they prove it on the field.

Go Packers!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the ol' ESPN commercial use to say, as long as your team doesn't have a cactus in its back yard, or wear an ugly orange helmet, you have a chance to reach the Super Bowl :D

I'm actually kind of curious to see how the Panthers do this year. They finished pretty strong last year after a bad start, and should get some guys back who were injured. They might rank a little higher this year.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4. bears (they all reckon they're going to be so good this year-nevermind the pack have got 2 games to bring them down to earth!)
Please see this for some fun Bear's facts. (some are a little old now but are still funny)

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Packers
2) Lions
3) Vikings
4) Bears

I really think that the Lions will jump right over the Vikings this year. Sure the Vikings got some new talent but it will take a very good coach to bring that talent together to play as a team and Tice is not it. And for the Bears well they still suck.

Later
Leopardmech

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, LM - You just said a mouthful...
What happens when the QB pulls a Peyton Manning with the happy feet? Or gets injured again?
I'll have to check, but if the Vikings play against the Lions on Turkey Day - then, maybe it'll work out like that... but for now.. I'm gonna have to go with the Vikings in 2nd place (right, Vikes?) -- right behind the Packers on their way to a Fourth NFC North Title.

I think the Lions are still missing a couple of guys to get them to the actual Playoffs.
They're not quite there yet.....

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's goin' on here --- is I had a change in thinking over the weekend.....

I guess I must have been sick.... (think Warner Bros cartoons right about here)

With the current standings in personnel - the Vikings (on paper) do look like the shoe-ins for the NFC North....
BUT, ....AG.... after a further review.... (yes, the Bears still suck - I have the t-shirt and you can all get a discount on that web site by mentioning my club...)

http://www.bearsstillsuck.com

I have found new life and a new vision with the Packers rolling onto four-in-a row!
That's my story and I'm a stickin' to it!

Members online

Latest posts