Green Bay Inks DT Kenderick Allen

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
line depth is good.

TT ate his wheaties today, hes busy, isnt he.

good stuff, danny.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have Grady or Gilbert, but you can never have enough mammoth DTs. Good for competition.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if TT signed Gilbert this week I'd have to officially convert from the TT hater faction.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MORE GREAT NEWS!!!!!! TT is doing this just like NE...a few key, solid FAs, then some filler (pun intended :) with a number of decent to solid players...with the depth we're accumulating at some of these defensive positions, there WILL be some very quality players that will rise to the top!

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good addition to the pack. Allen is nothing special, but will no doubt make the roster and provide some depth.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you guys get so giddy over someone you've never heard of? I'm not ragging on you. I'm happy as a pig in **** with Favre and Woodson coming aboard in the last 24 hours but this guy does nothing for me. Only because I've never heard of him.....and I follow the NFC east. I trust he can help but I thought we had preety good young depth at DT.

I'm looking for OL.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love how the attitude of this whole forum changed in the matter of 4 hours

if TT had signed kendrick a day ago.... people would be callin for his head AGAIN

like i said 2 weeks ago, if we have a great year you TT haters arent allowed to enjoy it, because you would then be band wagonners.

just kiddin of course(kinda) if you like the pack your ok with me

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, this guy isn't going to carry our line, DePack, but the more depth, the more pressure in camp, the more likely someone will rise to the top, blah blah, etc. Just a lot of things happening all at once for the packers!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just said that in the Smack Area DePack...

beat you to it...nahh nahh...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're going to draft o-linemen, and if there are any linemen that get cut from other teams and they fit our new scheme, we'll pick them up. that's been the plan the whole offseason, i assure you. so be patient!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not intending to rain on anyone's parade but this signing is nothing more that adding some camp depth in hopes that he will surprise in his "look/see" extended workout.

Allen, who is huge(6-6 328), was an undrafted player out of LSU. He spent one partial season (ten games) in New Orleans before being cut and two as a reserve in New York -- before getting the heave-ho from New York . Allen has started twice in his 3 seasons (due to a rash of DL injuries) and has racked up a healthy # of Did not plays or was inactives, he was active for most games last season though. The Giants did not think he was worth even the minimum tender offer, pulling that offer shortly after putting it on the table.

To his credit, the guy has heart and has defied the odds and hung on (barely) in the NFL -- never an easy accomplishment. However, I would be shocked to see him make the roster. He has nowhere near the athletic ability of Pickett, Williams, Kampman, Cole or Washington. He will need to hope for a rash of injuries to have a realistic chance at being on the opening day roster.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear everything you're saying Bruce, the reason why I like this signing is two-fold.

1. I don't expect anything out of him, and as long as we didn't pay him too much there is little loss from cutting him
2. Wolf had a tendency for picking up DTs after they already failed to make an impact on a team or two. He felt that it gave them the hunger they needed (no pun intended) to be successful. It's already worked for us with Gilbert and Grady, so I say keep the strategy going.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
if last year is any indication, a rash of injuries is a very possible scenario

Yes, a rash of injuries is always a possibility. We have 5 DTs who are far more talented and currently on the roster: Pickett, Williams, Kampman, Cole & Washington. The Pack also signed a couple of FA DT a while back: Tim McGill 6-2 316 out of Illinois and Jerome Nichols 6-3 285 out of Wake Forest, both are long shots to make the roster -- now you can add Allen to that list.

The Packers are likely to add another couple of rookie DTs -- most likely of the undrafted FA type, though drafting a DT is not totally out of the question.

hoos said:
I hear everything you're saying Bruce, the reason why I like this signing is two-fold.

1. I don't expect anything out of him, and as long as we didn't pay him too much there is little loss from cutting him
2. Wolf had a tendency for picking up DTs after they already failed to make an impact on a team or two. He felt that it gave them the hunger they needed (no pun intended) to be successful. It's already worked for us with Gilbert and Grady, so I say keep the strategy going.

hoos: you are right on the money on both counts, my first post on Allen was more along the lines of slow down on the high expectations rather than saying the guy is a bum. Playing in the NFL takes talent and for any undrafted FA to hang around for three seasons is an accomplishment worthy of respect.

Members online

Latest posts