Green Bay has to go after Derwin James and resign Morgan Burnett

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't even know you were replying to my post. Well here you go...http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/jaire-alexander?id=2560102

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Alexander will definitely not reach our second round pick, I completely agree with @JanisJubilee. That being said, IF Ward/James are of the board (Along with other blue chip prospects like Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Smith) I'd really like to see us move our first round pick down a few spots and hopefully our second rounder up a dozen spots. Then I'd feel way more comfortable drafting Landry/Davenport + Alexander/Hughes/Oliver.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's possible to hit on a defensive back in the later rounds of the draft it definitely gets tougher to select one.

True. However, in some cases its kind of freeing. The expectations aren't as high. No pressure. Also, intangibles become just as important if not more than talent. You know a guy drafted 4th round or later (in theory) should work hard and remain focused to be the best player he can be. It could be attributed to feeling slighted, injury, or lack of information, but DBs and players in general drafted in later rounds that produce successful careers are glue guys, locker room leaders, and steady productive players...usually.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander will definitely not reach our second round pick, I completely agree with @JanisJubilee. That being said, IF Ward/James are of the board (Along with other blue chip prospects like Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Smith) I'd really like to see us move our first round pick down a few spots and hopefully our second rounder up a dozen spots. Then I'd feel way more comfortable drafting Landry/Davenport + Alexander/Hughes/Oliver.

If we cannot get a game changer at #14, then we should trade down and get some more picks to field better depth at key positions (TE, LB, LT, G). The projected starters at those positions have injury history, and a well balanced team with depth mitigates disasters. I think signing Mo Wilkerson will greatly improve the defense by making the others around him better (Mike Daniels will feast) and its really not necessary to draft second tier defense talent in the first round. With more picks in the second and third rounds, better depth and starters of the future could be acquired.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts