Green Bay and what the packers mean it the fans.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
One of the many reasons I'm damn proud to be born and raised in green bay and a die hard fan of the packers!!!!
Great fricken article!!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier today. This is why I'm glad I followed Reggie White here. I can't help falling in love with such a place. I'll always have a lot of Philly in me, but there are some places where you just know your soul will love.

Thanks, Ivo for posting!!!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Being born and raised in Wisconsin.... I thought pretty much this was the general feeling state wide,..but that was years ago.
I love how comfortable the team is there!

As far as the coffin...to each is own... I mean I love my Green Bay Packers but...! LOL

That said... I'm sure she didn't paint her coffin green and white,... or *gasp* purple.... she kept it solid PACKERS!!!!!

to that my dear fellow Packer fan.... hats off! (since she didn't want any alcohol at the funeral...I will respect!)

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I read it 10:20 P.M. Arizona time, and if the rental office had been opened, I would have told them I moving at the end of the month (I'm on a month to month) and then called my landlord (also my Dr.) in Green Bay to make sure he had a duplex ready for me the 1st of Feb. That city is a type of magnet that tries to pull you back whenever you leave it for awhile. But no, can't go yet, my son doesn't graduate from medical school until the middle of May. Heck, I'm going to miss dandelion day! Thanks again ivo.

Just reread story and noticed Ms. Smetana is only a year older than me...and she already has a casket. I am going to be cremated so I need to start shopping for a green and gold urn. I should look her up when I move back.

Mr. IluvGB, when I pass, you can pound a few Pabst's for me :snack:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the article ivo. Yeah a green and gold casket is a bit too much, just managed to be able to have a honeymoon there. I considered moving up to Green Bay, it seems really nice, but I also like Madison, very similar feel with the Badgers, Wisconsin is pretty darn comforting as a state.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind moving back to my home town Wisconsin for at least part of the year when retired (summer). As far as wintering in Wisconsin, heck no. I've lived in Texas too long to go back to freezing.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Mr. IluvGB, when I pass, you can pound a few Pabst's for me :snack:

lol!! Well for starters..its Mrs.! and then i'll add my obviously favorite smiley!!! :drinks:
* btw .... I've been totally overusing that phrase since you posted that!! "Time to pound a few pabst's!"
:spiteful:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the article ivo. Yeah a green and gold casket is a bit too much, just managed to be able to have a honeymoon there. I considered moving up to Green Bay, it seems really nice, but I also like Madison, very similar feel with the Badgers, Wisconsin is pretty darn comforting as a state.

do you watch the packers game at any certain bar ? only asking bc I live near madison and always looking for new places to watch the pack

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Woodchipper - If you can save and go to a GB home game one year, its so worth it. Both times this year I nearly died, and I'd be damned first than not make it to one of those game, but the fun, the excitement, the knowing that you are around a group of strangers that are all friendly, even if some are the enemy all are respected that go to the Mecca of Football.

Ivo - I usually don't go to the bars, but I would be more than willing to share a drink next Sunday.

Members online

Latest posts