Greatest of All Time

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok so, by your theory then: what about QB's that looked good for "their first 2" years then fell off? Are they too included in GOAT? LOL....
What about QB's that didn't do much in their first to years, then took off and did much better.... guess they can't be included because they didnt do much for their first two years? this is a joke...lol

Relax, I´ve never said Wilson is even close to being the greatest QB of all-time. His stats during the first two years suggest though that he doesn´t lack any skills needed to be a good QB.

D

Deleted member 6794

20+ is a 5 yard **** pass with a run after catch, skewed stats for your purpose my friend. His long ball game sucks, plain and simple.

No, my friend, this statistic is about targets 20+ yards downfield, not including short receptions that turn into big gains because of YAC.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
what stats are that great? really? In two full seasons, no time missed: 63% completion = average at best
6475 yards = 3200 per season = below average yardage numbers. 52 total TD passes = 26 per season, which again is average to slightly below average for "good QB's" He threw 19 INT's = 9 1/2 per season which is actually decent, but then again he averaged 400 attempts..... andrew luck, during his ROOKIE season threw the ball over 700 times....that is A LOT to ask of a rookie. Starting to see my point yet? He is "average" at best....he just has a surrounding cast that elevates his standing.

D

Deleted member 6794

what stats are that great? really? In two full seasons, no time missed: 63% completion = average at best
6475 yards = 3200 per season = below average yardage numbers. 52 total TD passes = 26 per season, which again is average to slightly below average for "good QB's" He threw 19 INT's = 9 1/2 per season which is actually decent, but then again he averaged 400 attempts..... andrew luck, during his ROOKIE season threw the ball over 700 times....that is A LOT to ask of a rookie. Starting to see my point yet? He is "average" at best....he just has a surrounding cast that elevates his standing.

Wilson has great stats for a QB who has been in the league for only two years. You have to realize that it takes QBs some time to achieve greatness in the NFL, something I was relating to when I posted the early career numbers of Peyton, Brady and Brees.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well than, agree to disagree.......

No... you are correct. :roflmao::D

I don't give a rats behind what his numbers are, he is a classic case of a QB that lacks the skills to be great for an entire career. It's that simple. We saw his limitations at Wisconsin and having watched him play this year several times, my first reaction was... it's the same old same old guy. LOVE the kid. I would love to be wrong. ... but I won't be.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't give a rats behind what his numbers are, he is a classic case of a QB that lacks the skills to be great for an entire career. It's that simple. We saw his limitations at Wisconsin and having watched him play this year several times, my first reaction was... it's the same old same old guy. LOVE the kid. I would love to be wrong. ... but I won't be.

Now I'm convinced he'll become a great QB.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You could take Brady freakin Quinn and put him on the seaCawks and they would still be ok. Give a QB like Rodgers that defense and their O-line...... he would break records like never before. He would make their WR corps looks like the best of the best.
That OL is garbage. Brokung is always hurt, Unger got manhandled all year, Breno might as well be Barclay, McQuistan is ok as a Guard, and I don't even know who the other Guard is.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

ya... ok...so not only does the Pack have better skills players the best QB in the NFL, but the O-line is also better. So, it's "stupid" to suggest that no GM in the NFL would swap the Packers roster for theirs?

Yes it is stupid.

We do have a superior QB, better WRs (with Harvin they have a decent group as well) and maybe a better OL.

That doesn't make up for the mess we have on defense right now compared to the best unit in the league.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it is stupid.

We do have a superior QB, better WRs (with Harvin they have a decent group as well) and maybe a better OL.

That doesn't make up for the mess we have on defense right now compared to the best unit in the league.

Whatever... as good as Marshawn Lynch has been, how many GMs would take him over Lacey right now coming into his second season? None.

So we really are debating offense for defense and a defense at that, that's losing one of its best players to FA and another playing in a contract season.

Like I said, Aaron Rodgers wrapped up and signed verses Russel Wilson about to get paid... that alone is pretty much all we need to know about this debate.

D

Deleted member 6794

So we really are debating offense for defense and a defense at that, that's losing one of its best players to FA and another playing in a contract season.

That would be the case if the Seahawks offense was the same mess as our defense. But you know what, they are not. They scored as many points as we did in 2013.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Lets take a look at teams with lots of YAC, because apparently Wilson is **** and dunk QB that relies on YAC for his 20+ yard long balls. Yup. Looks like Seattle leads the league in YAC. Damn game manager.
Code:
Rank    Team               Rec    Rec Yards   Yards After Catch    Pecent YAC
1    Denver Broncos         461    5572            2751              49.4%
2    New Orleans Saints     446    5162            2576              49.9%
3    DetroitLions           371    4650            2392              51.4%
4    Green Bay Packers      366    4538            2344              51.7%
5    Atlanta Falcons        445    4541            2298              50.6%
27   Seattle Seahawks       267    3508            1635              46.6%

D

Deleted member 6794

Lets take a look at teams with lots of YAC, because apparently Wilson is **** and dunk QB that relies on YAC for his 20+ yard long balls. Yup. Looks like Seattle leads the league in YAC. Damn game manager.

Nice try, but don't try to convince the homers around here with facts. Don't you know they've seen Wilson play forever and know that he won't be any good because he lacks the skills???

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Apparently the bar for what is considered a top QB in the NFL has changed. It's no longer how well your team does winning, or how well you throw the ball, it's based solely on how many yards you throw the ball and on the skill set that is determined by people who don't actually play the game but discuss things on the internet.
Yup. Numbers that mirror Rodgers first two years except for number of attempts, receptions and yards. I guess Rodgers was just average with a great supporting cast he first two years as a starter which elevated his standing. Not much has changed since then.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the bar for what is considered a top QB in the NFL has changed. It's no longer how well your team does winning, or how well you throw the ball, it's based solely on how many yards you throw the ball and on the skill set that is determined by people who don't actually play the game but discuss things on the internet.

Yup. Numbers that mirror Rodgers first two years except for number of attempts, receptions and yards. I guess Rodgers was just average with a great supporting cast he first two years as a starter which elevated his standing. Not much has changed since then.

So in your opinion, he is just as good as Aaron Rodgers? He could have taken the 2011 Packers to a 15-1 record. Thats what you're saying correct?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So in your opinion, he is just as good as Aaron Rodgers? He could have taken the 2011 Packers to a 15-1 record. Thats what you're saying correct?
I don't know if he could or not. And neither do you. First off, Rodgers didn't take his team to 15-1. He took them to 14-1. Flynn was responsible for the last game. Which makes one wonder if it was all Rodgers or the supporting cast around him?

If you take the top ten QB's in the League by passer rating the last two year only 5 names show up, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, P Manning, Kaepernick, and Wilson. So for two years running this guy has been in the top ten of QB's in the league based on rating, but because he doesn't throw for 4,500+ yards he is not to be considered a top QB. He is nothing more than a game manager. That's one hell of a game manager. So be it. We will have to agree to disagree on this . I think he is more than a game manager. And while his skill set may not be the same as Rodgers, NO QB's skill sets are the same, his skill set is good enough to keep him in the top tier of QB's for a while. But I could be wrong. Time will tell. And if this year he has Harvin, Rice and Tate to throw to and puts up 50 passing TD's, what will that say about his skill set. (I don't expect this, because that is not how Seattle is built to play.)

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if he could or not. And neither do you. First off, Rodgers didn't take his team to 15-1. He took them to 14-1. Flynn was responsible for the last game. Which makes one wonder if it was all Rodgers or the supporting cast around him?

If you take the top ten QB's in the League by passer rating the last two year only 5 names show up, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, P Manning, Kaepernick, and Wilson. So for two years running this guy has been in the top ten of QB's in the league based on rating, but because he doesn't throw for 4,500+ yards he is not to be considered a top QB. He is nothing more than a game manager. That's one hell of a game manager. So be it. We will have to agree to disagree on this . I think he is more than a game manager. And while his skill set may not be the same as Rodgers, NO QB's skill sets are the same, his skill set is good enough to keep him in the top tier of QB's for a while. But I could be wrong. Time will tell. And if this year he has Harvin, Rice and Tate to throw to and puts up 50 passing TD's, what will that say about his skill set. (I don't expect this, because that is not how Seattle is built to play.)

Fair enough. Ive never said he is a bad player but when it comes to elite I just dont think he has it. Hes a guy who is in a fantastic situation and is excelling in that situation. I dont think he looks nearly as good on a bad team.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Fair enough. Ive never said he is a bad player but when it comes to elite I just dont think he has it. Hes a guy who is in a fantastic situation and is excelling in that situation. I dont think he looks nearly as good on a bad team.
Problem with what people consider "elite" QB's. Of the last 10 Super Bowls only 4 have been won by "elite" QB's. Of the last 15 that number jumps to 6. And Brady accounts for 3 of those 6 wins.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

still wont tell us how many times you have actually seen him play. I find that very interesting.

Members online

Latest posts