Great Moments in Packers History

Schmitty327

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldnt find any video on it but the pass by Don Majkowski against the Bears when there was the big conflict whether he was over the line of scrimmage or not. Loved that play. If anyone can find some video on that please post it for me.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I know this is not the Packers on the field but I think that this is a great part of Packers history during the mid 90's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqw7D-6W5kQ&feature=related]YouTube - Cheeseheads With Attitude (CWA) "Where the Hell is Neenah?" Buy it on iTunes[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IlsTXvqXsg]YouTube - Cheeseheads With Attitude (CWA) "(I'm A) Cheesehead Baby" Buy it on iTunes NOW![/ame]

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
This is another important song in Packers history because it tells how the most famous TD celebration started.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wlb9jb0hxo&feature=related]YouTube - Robert Brooks - Jump In The Stands[/ame]

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Long time ago. I am thinking the 70's sometime. Not sure though and I am to lazy to look it up. Chestor Marcol going for a FG against the Bears with little time on the clock. We make it we win. We miss it we lose. Or so I thought. lol Marcol kicks it and its blocked by the Bears. (I say alot of bad words.......especially for my age at the time) The ball comes back into Marcols hands........and he runs it in for a TD!!!!! It was awsome. Especially since it was against .......DA BEARS. I wish someone could come up with that video so I could watch it again!!!

I know this game very well, Sep. 7, 1980. It was my honeymoon night. I was in the Philippines and it took me three days to find out the score.

Did find a video (really just a picture slide show) of Marcols career titled Czeslaw "Chestor" Marcol----shows just 2 black and white stills.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I couldnt find any video on it but the pass by Don Majkowski against the Bears when there was the big conflict whether he was over the line of scrimmage or not. Loved that play. If anyone can find some video on that please post it for me.

This might help, I found a Majkowski website and it offers highlight videos, I couldn't watch because my media player wasn't working. www.majiknetwork,net

Boy do I remember that one! Good luck with the site.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

this should work Don Majkowski - The Majik Network - Official Site

I remember that game, burned my popcorn and set off smoke alarms. Good luck

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't think of anything better (in my lifetime) than Desmond Howard's kickoff return in the Superbowl...

I can agree with that (although my lifetime is different than yours), Patriots were starting to creep back into the game and Desmond put a stake in them. No wonder he won MVP

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always liked Majik. I think he was great QB for us.

I liked the Majik Man (maybe because I'm of Polish decent). I also liked the Lynn ****ey era, he would put up 28 points in the first half, and the defense would give up 35 in the second half. We lost more than we won but there were always offensive fireworks.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always liked hasselbeck so its more of a pass for being so cocky, if it was any other QB I would bring it up all the time.

That was a funny moment for me. Matt's a nice guy. I was at a remote radio broadcast at a restaurant near my home. I go to watch it and there are only 4 people near the radio broadcast, so I was able to ask a lot of questions. I asked Matt how did he feel about being 3rd string behind Jim McMahon (from the Bears!) and he just smiled and said "no, comment". The radio announcers took a station break and said, "Damn, we wish you would have answered that question. We'd be on the front page of the Press-Gazette."

Had a good chuckle and then Matt sat down with me and we had breakfast together.

*this is the way to get Packer Player autographs. They are always appearing somewhere and you can find out by calling the radio and TV stations what remote broadcasts are scheduled. The players, always give you an autograph.*

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let us take a trip down Nostalgia Lane...

Post your favorite moment(s) in the history of this team that you love.

Videos are nice, but not required.

This one's more recent, and not necessarily my favorite, but I don't think it'd find it's way into this thread without me posting it.

YouTube - MNF Brett Favre Classic 10/29/07

Now you go...

(I'm just bored and trying to think of a way to kickstart this forum after the closure of the other thread that was popular today. :icon_lol: )

Based on your avatar, you look rather rich, why not just buy the book with the same title as your thread name. It's only $99.95 (but it's leather bound)---just can't figure out why it costs so much for a 144 page book

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of the good stories reflects upon Lombardi's intelligence. Bear/Packer game, Bears have to punt from deep in their own territory. Lombardi talks to the special teams, tells the punt receiver to call for a fair catch, which he does. Then Lombardi informs the referees that they (the Packers) were going to take a free kick. Halas did not know what was going on, nor did the referees. Turns out that according to the rules, if you fair catch a punt, you can attempt a field goal, and the other team can't even rush the kicker. Packer kicker made the field goal as time expired. Packers Win!

Two years later Halas pulled the same trick and the Bears won.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know it was listen to the song Brooks says butler was the first to do it but he stuck to the wall like Velcro. Plus Brooks is the one that made it famous.

That was funny,,,stuck to the wall like Velcro!!!

LeRoy still takes credit for it...darn I owe him one. I walked to the supermarket in sub zero weather. Just when I get there, LeRoy jumps out of a warm BMW , laughs, and calls me a wuss for wearing a jacket and hat. He was with another guy who was older than LeRoy, and I track him down and ask if the older gut was his nephew. He stared at me for awhile and then laughed....then gave me his autograph.

And you were born 12/2/85? Just a guess many people use their birtday as part of their screen name....makes it easy to remember.

Members online

Latest posts