(Great) Moments in Packer history you'll never forget

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last game at County Stadium, when Brett dove in the end zone w/14 seconds left to secure a packer playoff spot
after the game we were playing tackle football in the parking lot
one of my buddies got his ribs broken and another guy was hit by a car
and........
when yancy thigpen dropped the ball in the end zone securing a packer win and a post season spot.

both games i was sitting in the stands and will never forget.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like was already mentioned by Since '69....Beating the Skins on MNF at Lambeau is right up there.

I think the best moment was the day I was riding around in my car and I heard that THE GREEN BAY PACKERS had just signed REGGIE WHITE. I knew things were about to get good for our club.

Honorable mention...

Favre winging one up to Sterling for a TD in the playoff game at Detroit.

Desmond Howard's many returns in the playoffs the year we won the Bowl.

Favre throwing a TD vs. The Giants after coming out of the game with a concussion and going back in for one play when the coaches didn't know he was going back in.

Favre throwing a rope for a TD to Billy Schroeder? on Monday nighter at Jacksonville.

Al Harris to the house after Hasselbeck said "we're going to score" in OT in the playoff game at home vs. Seattle.

The Tyrone ++++oops Nate++++ Poole catch in Arizona causing the Vikes to fall out of the playoffs on the last day of the season putting us in the playoffs.

The Majik moment vs. the Bears (replay call).

Favre 99 yards to Brooks on Monday Night Football.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my favorite momenst was in 1999 when Brett Favre hit Corey Bradford with just a few seconds left to win the game. Favre was so exhausted that he had to be given oxygen after the game. He literaly gave it all he had.

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69....you beat me to it. That is mine standout game as well. I also remember another one from that era on MNF in a snowstorm in Denver. We came up on the short end of that one. Here's the description:

Oct. 15, 1984
Denver 17, Green Bay 14The game wasn't a classic, but it was a visual treat watching the Packers and Broncos slip and slide as they played through the accumulating white stuff at Mile High Stadium. Denver linebacker Tom Jackson helped the Broncos strike early, scoring a touchdown while you could still see the yard lines.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Tyrone Poole catch in Arizona causing the Vikes to fall out of the playoffs on the last day of the season putting us in the playoffs.

I don't want to sound like a *******, but it was Nate Poole, not Tyrone Poole. Tyrone is a CB, I think he still plays in the NFL for the Patriots, but not positive.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when yancy thigpen dropped the ball in the end zone securing a packer win and a post season spot.

I love that one. I remember when that play happened, I was just six, but I still remembered it.

When he dropped it, my parents, brother and I were all screaming at the top of our lungs. My sister, who was nearly four at the time, she plugged her ears and said "My ears hurt."

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
October 17, 1983: Packers beat the Joe Theeesman-led Redskins 48-47 in the highest scoring Monday Night Football game ever.

Notables:
- Over a 1000 yards of combined offense, with almost 800 coming through the air.
- Lynn ****ey went 22 for 30 for 387 yards and 3 TDs.
- 56 first downs in the game.
- Packers averaged 9.1 yards per play
- RB Eddie Lee Ivery completed a 35-yard pass on a HB option play.
- The Redskins were on a 5-game win streak and were heavily favored.
- Mark Mosely missed a 39-yard field goal with 3 seconds left.

Watching that game was like riding a rollercoaster. :D

Since - I LOVED that game. Funny thing was, the Redskins were by far the best team in the NFL and we all knew it. Didn't they go on to win the SB that year easily? Their defense was unstoppable, and we walked right through them.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seeing as im only 15 my favorite moments were
1. Us beating the Vikings when Longwell kicked that Field Goal at christams saw that on TV. :)
2. winning the Superbowl aganist the Pats in 97
3. Green Bay vs the Vikings last year saw that on sky i had it recorded on Sky Plus it got deleted on Christmas Day :( didnt see it all

Members online

Latest posts