Great McCarthy Quote

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When asked about how he runs an offense, McCarthy stated, "I don't believe you ask your QB to win every game, you run your offense.....that is why we have 11 guys on the field."

For too long, the Packers organization seemed to put the entire weight of the offense, and the team, on Brett Favre....it was simply too much and allowed other players to buy into the, "Oh, Brett will bail us out again" mentality...which of course breeds complacency.

In one brief sentence, McCarthy established to every player on the team that they have some weight to carry and they better do it well if they want to hang around.

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Finally there looks like the other players will have to be accountable. When's the last time you have heard that in Green Bay? It seemed the defense was ran that way a little more with Bates this year, but it's been years since we've seen accountability on the O-side of the ball. NOW, I hope it's not all talk and there's some getting in the players faces when they screw up.

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is a good quote b/c maybe it is a message to Brett that he won't have to feel like he has to carry the weight on his shoulders.

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is a good quote b/c maybe it is a message to Brett that he won't have to feel like he has to carry the weight on his shoulders.

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree I dont think you should put that much weight one one players back and I think we need alot more depth in the runnning game, We should draft heavey for the back feild.

Members online

Latest posts