GREAT, Ferrgy and Gardner start out on PUP list...

Reaction score
From JSONLINE:

The eight players placed on the physically unable to perform list will be ineligible to practice until they are activated. Those players are wide receivers Robert Ferguson and Rod Gardner; running back Ahman Green; linebackers Brady Poppinga, Byron Santiago and Tim Goodwell; cornerback Will Blackmon; and safety Marquand Manuel.

That was on Friday night, there is an update from GBPG:

Ferguson got on the practice field Saturday afternoon after a back injury caused team doctors to fail him on his physical and hold him out of Friday's opening practice, and Gardner didn't pass his exam for the second straight day due to a hamstring injury that is lingering from June's organized team activities.

The source of the article from GBPG is HERE.

Great, just what we need. :roll:

One thing to add on, McCarthy said something that was mentioned in the article, it really caught my attention:

Mike McCarthy said:
Everybody wants to slot your (receivers) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5," McCarthy said, "but I've never particularly looked at it that way because when you're a multiple personnel-grouping team you're going to use different formations to create matchups. As far as having a set No. 2 or No. 3, it doesn't have to be that way.

MCCarthy just started growing on me a great deal...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read in the paper that if things keep up Greg Jennings is all but a lock to start with Driver on opening day. I'm liking Jennings. I liked him in college and his overall talent but as a #2 option right now, I'm not sure if the expectations should be that high.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:( How much longer before the Pack dumps these two and starts looking for some decent pass catching recievers? According to Havel no one other then Driver is capable of catching a cold much less a ball. pretty bad when your RB's & FB outperform the WR's.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fegy was drafted too high when the Packers took him. So what we all expecting from him is to be a great receiver. The truth is he's not a great receiver and wasn't one coming out of college. He was simply taken too high and was a reach at that time. He's much more a sixth or seventh round talent. If he had been taken there we wouldn't be expecting so much from him. Since that very severe injury he hasn't been the same either. Then again, I don't think I'd be either.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson practiced Saturday. If he is ever going to step up, it's this year. I hope he does, but I don't have a lot of confidence in him after last year.

Who knows when Gardner will practice though? He has great talent, if he gets his head on straight.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if Ferguson and Gardner are on the PUP list it really doesn't concern me that much. We get about as much production from them when they're on the list as we do when they're not.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah who starts out on the pup in week 1 of TC isnt that telling. With that said, it is good for some of the 24628452 rookies and new guys to get some time though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if these guys want jobs come the regular season, they better get their you know what together. Or the unemployment line will be their starting position.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that the poster's view on Fergie and Gardner being on the PUP list was going to be positive :lol:

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Gardner off the PUP list
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:08:42 -0700

Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Rod Gardner has been removed from the team's PUP list. As noted earlier, he practiced Sunday morning, July 30.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Packers | Gardner off the PUP list
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:08:42 -0700

Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Rod Gardner has been removed from the team's PUP list. As noted earlier, he practiced Sunday morning, July 30.

Good to hear. I wouldn't have very high expectations for a receiver who missed the first week of camp with a team that is learning a completely new offensive system.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8) Packer coaches have been saying that ever since Fergie came to GB. Think it's way past time to sever that relationship and provide for a bit of room for someone else to give it a try. Would be very interesting to see GB cut Fergie and see who in the NFL wants him. Think GB had a problem trying to trade Fergie; was it last year?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts