1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GREAT, Ferrgy and Gardner start out on PUP list...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Jul 30, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From JSONLINE:

That was on Friday night, there is an update from GBPG:

The source of the article from GBPG is HERE.

Great, just what we need. :roll:

One thing to add on, McCarthy said something that was mentioned in the article, it really caught my attention:

MCCarthy just started growing on me a great deal...

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read in the paper that if things keep up Greg Jennings is all but a lock to start with Driver on opening day. I'm liking Jennings. I liked him in college and his overall talent but as a #2 option right now, I'm not sure if the expectations should be that high.

3. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :( How much longer before the Pack dumps these two and starts looking for some decent pass catching recievers? According to Havel no one other then Driver is capable of catching a cold much less a ball. pretty bad when your RB's & FB outperform the WR's.

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Fegy was drafted too high when the Packers took him. So what we all expecting from him is to be a great receiver. The truth is he's not a great receiver and wasn't one coming out of college. He was simply taken too high and was a reach at that time. He's much more a sixth or seventh round talent. If he had been taken there we wouldn't be expecting so much from him. Since that very severe injury he hasn't been the same either. Then again, I don't think I'd be either.

5. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ferguson practiced Saturday. If he is ever going to step up, it's this year. I hope he does, but I don't have a lot of confidence in him after last year.

Who knows when Gardner will practice though? He has great talent, if he gets his head on straight.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Gardner should be practicing later in the following week.

7. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess if Ferguson and Gardner are on the PUP list it really doesn't concern me that much. We get about as much production from them when they're on the list as we do when they're not.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah who starts out on the pup in week 1 of TC isnt that telling. With that said, it is good for some of the 24628452 rookies and new guys to get some time though.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, if these guys want jobs come the regular season, they better get their you know what together. Or the unemployment line will be their starting position.

10. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that the poster's view on Fergie and Gardner being on the PUP list was going to be positive :lol:

11. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers | Gardner off the PUP list
    Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:08:42 -0700

Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Rod Gardner has been removed from the team's PUP list. As noted earlier, he practiced Sunday morning, July 30.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  13. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to hear. I wouldn't have very high expectations for a receiver who missed the first week of camp with a team that is learning a completely new offensive system.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

14. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Didn't we say that when Walker went down last year?

15. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    8) Packer coaches have been saying that ever since Fergie came to GB. Think it's way past time to sever that relationship and provide for a bit of room for someone else to give it a try. Would be very interesting to see GB cut Fergie and see who in the NFL wants him. Think GB had a problem trying to trade Fergie; was it last year?