1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Grease not gas.... Cool

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, May 15, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    A run on vegetable oil might be in the future if Gas prices continue to soar.

http://www.waow.com/News/index.php?ID=11698

TOMAHAWK--Ken Islo's 2000 Volkswagen Beetle gas tank explicitly says "Diesel Fuel Only." But he's breaking the rules.

Ken Islo looks at the gas cap and says, "Geez, it's been so long since I've used it, I forgot what it was for."

That's because Ken runs his car on used vegetable oil.

Islo says, "This looks thick and brown, and you could say how in the world could this power a car, but it sure does."

Three years ago Ken bought a conversion kit off of the internet for $850.

Islo says, "Here is the tank down in the car, it goes in where the spare tire goes. The directions were very simple and to the point with pictures and if you hooked up hose A to hose B, even if you didn't know why, but if you did, I would run perfectly."

And it has. Ken can avoid gas stations and just fuel up out of his basement.

Islo says, "There is no shortage of oil. In fact I've turned people away. I've got about a 6 year supply in the basement."

The fumes don't smell like regular exhaust, they smell tastier.

Islo says, "People tell me it smells like fried chicken or fish or french fries depending on what the oil was predominantly used for."

But Ken's sense of smell is different.

Islo says, "It smells to me like a free ride."

Ken gets the oil for free from local restaurants. He says in the winter, he has to run his car on diesel for about 15 miles to let the oil warm up, but in the summer heat he doesn't have to use diesel at all. His next project is to build an electricity generating windmill so he no longer has to buy power.

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How to Build a Cheese-Powered Car

1. Make your own cheese
    2. Retrofit your vehicle
    3. Purchase engine that runs on methane gas
    4. Feed cheese to lactose intolerant humans
    5. Harness methane gas byproduct from lactose intolerant humans.
    6. Fuel vehicle with methane.

:thumbsup:

3. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Still smarting a little from the lactose intolerant pirates... LOL.... Wannabe Cheeseheads :rotflmao:

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm fine with the first 5........but i would change #6 to read........."Put mask on Vikesrule, and force him to breathe in said gasses!" :rotflmao:

5. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    May the farce be with you Darth Cheesey....oh ya it is...you're a Packer Fan :razz:

6. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Vikes trying to build up a little gas for his car....

[​IMG]

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I saw the guy on TV awhile back. He went from restaurant to restaurant getting their used oil.
    The problem i see with this is.......if everyone started using it, it would become as expensive as gasoline. AND hard to get if everyone suddenly wanted it.
    It's like ethanol, the corn gas. It is starting to push up the overall cost of corn. They say how much better the corn gas is for the eco-system. But.......it can't be fed through pipelines like regular gas can, because it deteriorates too fast. So it has to be TRUCKED to where ever it's going. Plus, it takes more to make the corn into gas. So, what we save the eco-system by using it, is more then off set by the emmissions put out by the plants producing it, and the trucks that have to ship it.

8. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My father-in-law has been using cooking oil in his diesel van for a while now. It works really well. When you're driving it, it smells like whatever was cooked in the oil, so his van usually smells like french fries! Haha!

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dang........i'd put on an extra 50 pounds driving that vehicle.......I'd be stopping at every drivethrough!!!

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    xD :rotflmao:

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Actually.........thats a picture of Vikes trying to blow out his candles on his birthday cake!!!
    Now........MAKE A WISH, VIKES!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao: