Grant might be cut and took a pay cut

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a bad deal for either party. Grant makes the team and Packers save a little $.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Grant and his agent agreed to a pay cut in order for a guaranteed contract, then Silverstein's reasoning was sound, and he isnt some idiot as everyone seemed to be sure of earlier today. lol.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd really be shocked or not if Grant gets cut...if he can avoid injury, he should be reasonable productive...I've never been a fan of Grant's lack of vision or lack of hands...but he can still serve a purpose

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Grant gets cut, you can be assured Detroit will put in a claim for him. Talk radio here is alive with the recent Lions runningback issues and the need for an upgrade at the starting RB position. Grant's name came up in the discussion and callers voiced thst they would love to sign him.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Grant is the only proven 1000 yard rusher we have. They just gave him a bonus. There is no chance of Grant getting cut. What is the difference between Grant and Dmitri Nance? One is a proven and good NFL rusher, and one isn't. Simple. Nance is gone.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if Nance makes it over Grant I know who my vote will be for worst player on the Packer roster. He hasn't shown me jack.:icon_rolleyes:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does anyone read threads? or do they just comment based on the title? Stuff like this makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
does anyone read threads? or do they just comment based on the title? Stuff like this makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

What? The point of the original article that was posted was that Grant and Nance could be fighting for a roster spot. My comment was based on that article. My point is this....if this article is true, it is stupid.

Others posted that Grant hasn't shown them anything. The guy has rushed for 1200 yards twice and has a career yards per carry of 4.4. Thats pretty darn good.

All I'm saying is Grant should not, and in my opinion will not be cut.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? The point of the original article that was posted was that Grant and Nance could be fighting for a roster spot. My comment was based on that article. My point is this....if this article is true, it is stupid.

Others posted that Grant hasn't shown them anything. The guy has rushed for 1200 yards twice and has a career yards per carry of 4.4. Thats pretty darn good.

All I'm saying is Grant should not, and in my opinion will not be cut.

Article comes out.... 24 hours later after it comes out, its announced that Grant took a pay cut but now has guaranteed money. Therefore, article was correct in saying he was at risk to be cut. Otherwise his agent would have never said take less money. At this point Grant is a lock to make the team.

And that was a general comment, not trying to single anyone out.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Article comes out.... 24 hours later after it comes out, its announced that Grant took a pay cut but now has guaranteed money. Therefore, article was correct in saying he was at risk to be cut. Otherwise his agent would have never said take less money. At this point Grant is a lock to make the team.

And that is why I posted hm taking his pay cut..I think he isnt going to be cut at all

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Fair enough.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bloggers are now saying he could be traded. I dont see it, but if you think you have something similar, and can get a #2 out of someone who will be gone next year I think it should be discussed. Still dont think it will happen though.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Grants pay cut was on Aug 9th, so Tom's article is really baffling now..One would think that he would have known about the pay cut from almost 2 weeks ago..

Pay cut, guarantees for Grant - JSOnline

On Aug. 9, the Packers and Alan Herman, the agent for Grant, agreed to a restructuring in which Grant's base salary was reduced from $3.5 million to $2.5 million.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did not expect this at all. Maybe all those saying he wasn't a lock were on to something. I wouldn't take a paycut if I was sure I'd make the team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
His cost is still 2.5 million. It would take almost an impossible lot of circumstances and things happening for him to be traded at this point. He won't be cut due to the investment.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grants pay cut was on Aug 9th, so Tom's article is really baffling now..One would think that he would have known about the pay cut from almost 2 weeks ago..

Pay cut, guarantees for Grant - JSOnline

No its not baffling. No one knew outside of the Packers top front office.

This is the very first media report of the pay cut.

Source: Packers' Grant Takes Pay Cut | The Sideline View

extremely random place for it to be reported but non the less, the first.

My guess would be that his agent or the packers wanted to squash the rumors so they leaked this detail.

Tom S was right that Grant should be worried about his spot on the roster with the information at hand when he wrote the article. Information changed, now its pretty clear Grant will play this season in GB unless he is traded.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No its not baffling. No one knew outside of the Packers top front office.

This is the very first media report of the pay cut.

Source: Packers' Grant Takes Pay Cut | The Sideline View

extremely random place for it to be reported but non the less, the first.

My guess would be that his agent or the packers wanted to squash the rumors so they leaked this detail.

Tom S was right that Grant should be worried about his spot on the roster with the information at hand when he wrote the article. Information changed, now its pretty clear Grant will play this season in GB unless he is traded.

I agree that the info Tom hand at the time made since for the article he wrote..

But wouldnt you think a higher level type sports writer such as Tom would have heard rumors of the pay cut?

Or are the Packers, Ryan and his agent so tight lipped that only a handful knew?

If the Packers are truly that tight lipped, then they have some trust worthy people

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
This is great...

Last year people demanded Ted to get a better running back now people dont want Grant cut..

Not saying people in this thread felt that way, but it an odd twist

We wanted a rb because Grant was out for the season. Not because we didn't like him. We didn't like B-Jax as our starter and most people seemed to want to give Starks a chance.

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We wanted a rb because Grant was out for the season. Not because we didn't like him. We didn't like B-Jax as our starter and most people seemed to want to give Starks a chance.
I agree, let's not forget the panic last year when Grant went down. We were "dumpster diving" looking for a back.

Latest posts