Graham Mertz

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying Jack Coan was terrible this year... Nor am I saying that Wisconsin should abandon the run... But it's been a long time since Wisconsin had the chance to have a top teir QB commit to their program for more than a year (thanks Russ). And if we are going to recruit some top quality WR talent for the next couple years we are going to have to show that Wisconsin will commit to throwing the ball more than 20 times a game... And Im not saying that it isn't fun to ask a young stud RB to carry 50 times a game against an undermatched opponent in hopes of putting up 500 rushing yards ruining his chances of being fresh for harder opponents and a playoff run...

However...

Jack had his shot at Ohio... And so did John... And Graham can still at 2 games and keep his redshirt status... ... The kids thrown 5 touchdowns a game since he was in diapers... And we might get some WR's on the roster if they want to play with the next big name college QB... And if we beat Ohio...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they'd make a switch for this game. Coan has been their QB the entire year, the team plays well around him and they'd probably be think it a slap to their teammate who's been there working his butt off right along side of them all year if they did. This isn't a situation where he's been floundering and doing stupid stuff all year like the previous. I don't think the team had much faith in the previous, I think they consider Coan one of them. I think he's earned his spot on the team.

I don't think the BIGChampionship game is where you start your freshman that hasn't played outside of a handful of snaps in one game I saw, against the OH St. defense. IF they really thought he was that good, and that much better than what we have, you screw the redshirt season and play him. If he wasn't ready to start 3 weeks ago, he's not ready to now.

You give you guys a chance to learn from the last outing and try and do better. I think switching to a very much unknown in a very big game shows a complete lack of confidence in your team and would backfire big time. The team doesn't seem to suffer from any lack of faith in their QB or be hinting at the guy behind him being better and needing a shot.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coan has played extremely well and not the reason we lost to the Buckeyes. To plug in a freshman now would be ridiculous. And why? Based on the potential he showed in HS?

Members online

Latest posts