Graham Harrell

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure that a lot of folks will zero in on GH tonight and over the preseason. They will opine about whether he has what it takes to be the Packers #2 and whether he could step into the #1 spot if needed. I'll be honest here. I'm going to be a blind believer in the system. I won't believe whatever my eyes tell me that they saw tonight or the next couple of weeks. Why?

Aaron Rodgers looked terrible in most of his preseason appearances. Remember how half (or most) of us thought that he was too injury prone and just didn't perform well? Then Rodgers came in for Favre when the Cowboys knocked him out in the '07 clash-of-the-titans game midseason. The next season, Rodgers won his first game and it's been mostly sparkles and sunshine since.

Then there was Flynn, the system quarterback that also never looked all that sharp in preseason games. He came into the 2010 game against the Lions and again didn't do much to impress, although almost won that game when Rodgers couldn't. Then he started on the road at Foxboro and almost won that game. His final contribution as a backup was the shoot-out against the Lions to close out the regular season in 2011.

So maybe this post is all about me pleading for everyone to have patience. If anything though, it professes the blind optimism that I have in McCarthy's QB factory. At this point and until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume that MM & TT have the quarterback thing down. I hope that I'm not wrong, but I am optimistic that I'm not!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he looked solid tonight but I was bartending so I didn't get to study the game too close

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't terrible, lead one TD drive but missed a lot of throws. Seemed to be a lot of overthrows for him tonight. It's the preseason , if we were going into week 8 with him as the starter next week I would be worried but he still has 3 preseason games to work out some of the kinks

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
somebody in the chatbox mentioned colt mccoy as a backup. i thought that was an interesting idea.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be interesting with McCoy.

I would like to see Harrell in a game now that he has gotten one under his belt. This week could say a lot but I still think he has a ways to go.

Members online