Graham Harrell....uyyyy

W

wxman2003

I have nothing but my gut to go by on this thought. But I think the way Tavaris Jackson is talking, he hopes to become Rodgers backup.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
I think you are right. Seattle notified Jackson today that he is being traded.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell is playing like a guy who stole a Packer jersey and ran onto the field. He looks like a deer in the headlights.
Right on. This QB Cousins with the Skins is just a 3rd string rookie and he took them down the field for three 4th quarter TDs to come back against the Bears. Preseason? Yes, but he's playing with and against the same non-combatants as Harrell. The kid makes Harrell look like a Pop Warner player.
Bears, Seahawks, Browns, all have back ups that could salvage a season if their top dog goes down.
In this position I think we were way off the mark. The Bears got bit 2 seasons in a row for failure to have an adequate back up. Don't let it happen to us, TT. We had one TJ Rubley. Don't need another.

W

wxman2003

The only problem with Jackson is that he is under contract for $4 million a year. Doubt TT wants to shell out that for a backup. Seattle will have to swallow some of that. They might do that if the packers ship off a reciever and/or high draft pick. Packers could then go to only 2 QB's on the roster and perhaps fill that open position with another O/L off of waivers if any good one are available.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget all this trade talk stuff and taking on someone elses contract. We should just sign Mcnabb or Garcia to a cheap contract and call it a day. Both guy's have ran the system we run so it would be a much easier transition then trying bringing in a guy who has to learn it from scratch. I would feel a whole lot better having Mcnabb as a backup than any other unemployed qb on the market or even employed backup qb at this point.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Forget all this trade talk stuff and taking on someone elses contract. We should just sign Mcnabb or Garcia to a cheap contract and call it a day. Both guy's have ran the system we run so it would be a much easier transition then trying bringing in a guy who has to learn it from scratch. I would feel a whole lot better having Mcnabb as a backup than any other unemployed qb on the market or even employed backup qb at this point.
You, sir, forget the Reid effect. As in QB's from Philly (which includes Garcia at this point) cant READ worth 2 cents. Name one Eagles QB under Andy Reid who left Philly and went on to have a successful career somewhere else.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, I am seeing nothing out of Harrell that shows me anything. He botched a hand off to Kuhn as well. He air mailed an end zone throw where the WR was open. I understand that he has limited players to work with, which scares me a little bit. I say practice squad is where he belongs. I think TT may make a trade for a backup, due to losing Rodgers would mean curtains for the season if Harrell has to carry the workload. Jake Delhomme? Colt McCoy? Our roster has TE's and WR's coming out of their ears, make a move!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Along with ****ey, bring back Lofton and JJ and all our problems are solved.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You, sir, forget the Reid effect. As in QB's from Philly (which includes Garcia at this point) cant READ worth 2 cents. Name one Eagles QB under Andy Reid who left Philly and went on to have a successful career somewhere else.

Kevin Kolb:tdown:??? haha jk. I see the point you are trying to make but at this point we can't be to picky because Harell is terrible.

H

HardRightEdge

The only problem with Jackson is that he is under contract for $4 million a year. Doubt TT wants to shell out that for a backup. Seattle will have to swallow some of that. They might do that if the packers ship off a reciever and/or high draft pick. Packers could then go to only 2 QB's on the roster and perhaps fill that open position with another O/L off of waivers if any good one are available.

Well, James Jones is making about $2.5 mil this year. If Seattle did eat a bit of Jackson's contract, it could be a wash. Then you'd have to cut Harrell or try sneaking Coleman onto the PS.

At this stage of the game, such a move is not promising. The staff is not going to ditch Harrell altogether after talking him up that much, time is running out for Jackson (or anybody else) to learn the offense, and Coleman could get picked off by another team if we try to sneak him onto the PS.

H

HardRightEdge

Kevin Kolb:tdown:??? haha jk. I see the point you are trying to make but at this point we can't be to picky because Harell is terrible.

Kolb would be a step backward from Harrell. He's just one of those chronic bad decision guys.

NYNeal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I just don't see this guy being a back up to Rodgers. He looks very shaky. I understand he is working with a ton of 3rd or 4th string guys. However, he has happy feet and seems to possess bad decision making at times. There are better options than this guy if Rodgers goes down. Colt MeCoy comes to mind. I'm willing to give Harrell the benefit of the doubt after 2 PS games, but if his play continues, I believe TT may make a move to solidify the backup role. The sky is not falling by any means, but his performance this evening was pretty deplorable.

NYNeal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As most of you, I have not been thrilled with the play of Harrell. I think we should look to upgrade if he plays badly again next week. However, I would not want Colt McCoy.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey Number 6! Who are you and what have you done with Graham Harrell?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Well. That ends all discussion. CLOSE THE THREAD! :D

I believe a perfect passer rating is enough to be the backup.. I guess?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
He sure wowed us here!! Although it was brutal watching it in Mo....they only showed the few random chief fans, and sung the praises of the players,...with little mention to the Packer players!
But I guess that comes with the territory!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some faith please! Awesome night for Harrell, glad he got the chance to prove himself. He's alive and well and our backup QB situation can be taken off crisis mode.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked good. Maybe the Chief's 2nd and 3rd stringers are really bad, who knows. But he really made some nice throws and ran around nicely. Can't wait for the Niners!!

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
hindsights 20/20. So youre saying youre comfortable when Rodgers goes down? Not me.
"
\
Last time I was comfortable on consistant basis with a Packer back up QB was in the 1960's , when QB Zeke Bratkowski was backing up Packer QB Bart Starr.

Members online

Latest posts