Graham Harrell....uyyyy

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess what I'm looking at is that he's been with the team since May of 2010. In my opinion, he should be able to show something by now. I don't think expecting him to be a serviceable backup by his third year is an accelerated rate.

Well lets hope he can produce or we will be in the market for a backup QB and I'm not sure how good of a pool of backup QBs is even available.

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets hope he can produce or we will be in the market for a backup QB and I'm not sure how good of a pool of backup QBs is even available.

just to throw out some names in the free agent market: Delhomme, Kitna, Garcia, Mcnabb, and Kerry Collins

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Harrell was a back-up in the CFL. Do you know how inconsistent you have to be a back-up in the CFL?
I Trust in the Packers brain trust but sometimes you gotta cut some guys loose. He would have to make some major improvements before I see anything worth the wait.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I just don't see this guy being a back up to Rodgers. He looks very shaky. I understand he is working with a ton of 3rd or 4th string guys. However, he has happy feet and seems to possess bad decision making at times. There are better options than this guy if Rodgers goes down. Colt MeCoy comes to mind. I'm willing to give Harrell the benefit of the doubt after 2 PS games, but if his play continues, I believe TT may make a move to solidify the backup role. The sky is not falling by any means, but his performance this evening was pretty deplorable.
Absolutely right. He is no more than a 3rd stringer if that. TT should go look for a veteran who may not have much left in the tank but can execute simple fundamentals. Heck, Jeff Garcia would look better than that.
McNabb and TJack come to mind but who wants to sit on the bench. If Rodgers goes down our season is over at this point.
What amazes me is that Colt McCoy and Harrell played against each other in college. Justin threw like 30-50 times a game in that spread offense. Watching Big 12 games he almost looked unstoppable. And now he is lost in space.
Flynn looked much better even in his first preseason than what we have seen from Harrell.
What he needs is an NFL Europe where he can get rep after rep for 3 months, if that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's had enough time imo. time to find another option and i wouldn't be shocked if TT and company are doing that as we speak. Some pretty serviceable FA qb's on the market.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would personally rather have B.J Coleman at 2nd string QB then Harrell. Coleman shows mush greater upside as he's only a rookie, 4 years younger and can actually throw the ball downfield!!

I DO NOT want to suffer through another game of missed screen passes and wide open recievers having to dive for balls 5 yards way from Harrell. I may be overreacting but based on these 2 preseason games I've seen Coleman>Harrell.

And no we're not going to sign a 45 year old quarterback with no knowledge of our system.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been in favor of TT calling Favre and bus up and seeing if he wants to come back. Then laughing and say just kidding!

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My (Realistic) Fantasy Packers QB Depth Chart 2012​
#1- Aaron Rodgers​
#2- B.J Coleman​
#3- Randall Cobb​
#4- Cam Newton​
Realizing Cam Newton wouldn't want to come here to be our 2nd string quarterback, I put him at 4th. I said it would be realistic.​

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying Harrell is great but what's with Mcoy he was to be a starter and we see were he is at,he looked good last night, because it was a preseason game and all the rookies and back ups were playing,Harrell looked bad last night but there were 2 plays he did pretty well at getting the ball to plus when he ran for a first down.Why trade for a q.b. that really doesn't have that much more talent.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying Harrell is great but what's with Mcoy he was to be a starter and we see were he is at,he looked good last night, because it was a preseason game and all the rookies and back ups were playing,Harrell looked bad last night but there were 2 plays he did pretty well at getting the ball to plus when he ran for a first down.Why trade for a q.b. that really doesn't have that much more talent.

Yea it's like trading Rex Grossman for Curtis Painter lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I think it stems from a rumor floating on several Packer sites that the coaching staff may have been prepared to take a good look at McCoy in last night's game if Harrell couldn't cut the mustard. But it's just rumor. You don't know if the sites are parroting each other or if some news guy actually heard something. A long time ago I was taught to believe half of what you see and a third of what you hear unless it pertains to politics; then don't believe anything.

PackersandPokemon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really haven't liked what I've seen from Harrell so far, but he wasn't getting much help from the other guys. Also, the Browns kept their first string defense out for the first half, so the odds were stacked against him. I do wish we would have seen more from Coleman, though.

green19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell realistically needs another year before he can try to be a backup, they need to look at bringing in McCoy he looked years ahead of Harrell in last nights game

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just doesn't have the arm to succeed in this offense. That also makes me not very high on Colt. The backup is going to need to hit guys in tight spaces quickly and also be able to throw accurately on the run. A weak arm is going to make both of those things very difficult. He also has to be able to present the threat of stretching the field. The safeties will cheat up if they know he has a weak arm.

I would keep an eye on TJax. He has the arm but needs the mechanical coaching and a better mental approach. His legs can also get him out of far more trouble than those of Harrell.

Honestly though....Both Colt or T Jax could buy you a few weeks if need be. If you need their services any longer than that it really doesn't matter. Harrell will never win a game if he starts or takes the majority of the snaps.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If we lose Aaron we should set up a Wildcat offense called "The dirty cheese" and have Saine at QB and Cobb at Wingback.

If we lose Rodgers, we should do like the Colts and suck for... whomever is the top RB in the draft next year. Just kidding, of course.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts