Graham a Bronco

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, he'll make more than Vernon Davis, Jeremy Shockey, Todd Heap, Antonio Gates, Alge Crumpler, Ben Watson, Jason Witten, and even Bubba Franks! He must be damn good.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6m per for a blocking tight end that never caught more than 38 passes in a season. I'm glad the Pack and my Raiders stayed away from that insane contract.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping the Packers might get him, but I would've had mixed feelings if they had made him the highest-paid TE in the NFL. I thought Bubba's contract was too high also, which was not a unanimous opinion when it was first signed. TE's are not worth huge contracts and mid-first round draft picks unless they are real difference makers--like some of those players who are now earning less than Graham.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What really stinks is, this will push up the already over inflated ego's of other TE's. They will figure THEY deserve as much, or MORE then this guy.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What really stinks is, this will push up the already over inflated ego's of other TE's. They will figure THEY deserve as much, or MORE then this guy.

Like Randy McMichael.

This signing hurts the Packers as it's probably going to force us to pay a lot more money than what we should if we go out and sign a TE.

I'm starting to lean towards bring in Eric Johnson and just draft a guy.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sick contract, whatever, so we won't be in cap hell in two seasons...a risk im willing to take

Exactly, listen the bargains are never found at the beginning of the free agent period. They are found when the cash dries up. The Pats rebuilt their whole team in 2001 with cheap but solid veteran FA signings then won a superbowl with them, a lot of luck, and a little love from the tuck rule.

Members online

Latest posts