Greensboro, AL
Height: 6-2
Weight: 345 lbs. Age: 33
Pos: DT
Experience: 9 years
College: Knoxville
Insider Analysis
Grade 70
Expert's Take Jackson has a combination of massive size, strength and power. He was used primarily as a run stopper on first and second down. He fills up the A-gap and has no problem occupying two blockers. He has only tackle-to-tackle range and does not run well enough to be a factor on outside runs. He does not have an explosive take-off but controls the line of scrimmage with his upper-body strength and size. He is more powerful than he is explosive. He gets excellent penetration. He has above-average foot quickness and is hard to knock off the ball. Although he does not play with good leverage, he does a good job on double-team and scoop blocks and keeping the blockers from getting to the linebackers. Offensive linemen have a difficult time sustaining blocks on him. However, he is top heavy, can be easily cut and does not have good change-of-direction skills. As a pass rusher, he does not have any pass-rush moves except a bull rush. He has the ability to collapse the pocket with good leg drive, but he's usually double teamed and will get stuck at the line of scrimmage. He does not have great endurance, will take plays off and will wear down over the course of the game. Overall, Jackson is a player who is one-dimensional and lacks ideal athletic ability. He is getting up in age and is clearly on the downhill side of his career. He does not have a lot gas left in his tank and his weight will always be a problem. He is a short-term fit and you wonder how long he will continue playing. His age and durability are concerns.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the Packers took on Jackson and gave him a chance to show he still had it after NO...

This is just a business move...

The whole "ill-will" thing is unjustified.

Few contracts are handed out based on the past.

Grady should be thanking us for giving him a chance to get back in the mix.

Move on---Let it go.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:

Rod Gardner, same thing, but he showed some loyalty--Grady opened his mouth even last year wanting more money.

Grady was too much of a liability, some games he would take residence in the opposition's backfield, but some games he would get winded/tightened knees, and have to sit, and he's a year older, whatever

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has he even been signed by anyone? I haven't heard anything. that should tell him he's not in that upper tier he seems to want to claim.

Somebody would have jumped on him by now if he was all that.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't you guys feel the same way. If any of you were fired and went to work for their competitor, wouldn't you want to stick it to your previous boss?

I'm not saying the Packers should have re-signed him. I'm just saying what he is feeling is probably natural.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Has he even been signed by anyone? I haven't heard anything. that should tell him he's not in that upper tier he seems to want to claim.

Arrington?... Woodson?...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh I would to its just a competitive thing. Try and proof that you shouldnt of let me go. I did it one time while playign football with freinds they decided to trade me for another kid and I played my *** off and dominated.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so he's going to dominate for 10 plays, stopping the run...this is just another example of why we didn't resign him

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest thing about Grady (g-r-a-v-y) Jackson is this.....

On Packers.com the list both at these stats:

• Grady Jackson (75) - 345lbs
    Colin Cole (90) - 325lbs

Now, when you've watched these two standing side-by-side...

Do they "look" like they're only 20 pounds difference? You tell me!

Somebody's BS'n someone... fer sure!

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have at least made an attempt at Grady. Granted, he's not worth a big contract, but I'd have no problem signing him for a 2 year contract with maybe half the signing bonus he's asking for. He played his *** off for us the past two years, and we've seen the type of difference maker he can be. The man is massive. He sucks up blockers better than almost anybody out there, and he's a major reason why our defense did well last year. I would love to see him in a Packer uniform next year lining up next to Pickett - now that would be a killer defensive line. Too bad that's not going to happen. And as far as what he said about wanting to play against the pack, I don't blame him. I just hope he never does.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
If I remember correctly the Packers took on Jackson and gave him a chance to show he still had it after NO...

This is just a business move...

The whole "ill-will" thing is unjustified.

Few contracts are handed out based on the past.

Move on---Let it go.

I agree. Only the Packers and Panthers were interested in him when the Saints dumped him. He did a good job of overcoming a bad reputation with good play and good conduct when he started out with the Packers, but once again greed steps in and the reputation and ill-wll resurfaces.

He'll probably get signed by someone because he still has something left to offer a team, but I think his own sense of self-worth is a lot higher than what most NFL teams think he's worth.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you all are such experts and everything, but...

WHO

Grady Jackson
Packers

INTERESTED
Bengals?
Falcons?
Giants?
Rams?

THE SKINNY
Jackson drawing interest
<Mar. 27> Jackson, whom the Packers apparently do not want to re-sign, visited the Falcons last week and has been in discussions with the Bengals, according to multiple reports.
The Giants and Rams all have also expressed interest in the veteran defensive tackle, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Jackson, who is reportedly seeking a deal in the neighborhood of three years, $12 million, told the Green Bay Press-Gazette he has had no contact with new Packers head coach Mike McCarthy.

"If they wanted me there, they would have made some attempt to sign me," Jackson said. "All along, it made me feel like they didn't want me there anymore. I guess all along they wanted to go in a different direction."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

It does seem there are people interested in Grady.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
warhawk said:

Arrington?... Woodson?...

Yep. And all three are in the same boat. Getting older with lots of questions physically and wanting a boat load of money. LOL.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

Colin Cole (90) - 325lbs

Heavy bones??? :wink: :lol:

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every one of these teams would like to give him a shot...but NOT at the money he wants. Eventually, some team will sign him to a contract loaded with incentives.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than his age I agree bt. The only draw back would be losing a younger player with potential.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

Colin Cole (90) - 325lbs

No No it is true that was/is their weights. What they didn't tell you was Colin was actually on the scale and Grady just had one of his legs and his belly on it when they weighed him. :moo: (note to Ryan: we need a big bellied smilie so I can put it in here.)

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Pissed off 350lb nose tackle + crappy interior line + old QB != good news

Does that mean he would give his new team a full game's effort when/if he plays GB instead of just the handful of plays he gave GB?

If so that would prove the Packer staff correct that he took plays off and dogged it while wearing the Green and Gold. If he don't that too proves them correct that he isn't worth the money he is asking.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the same Grady who got a chance to play when no one else wanted him? Is this the same Grady who signed a contract, spent all his money, and then had to get a loan from the Packers and then tried to hold them up for more money after they bailed his fat butt out? Grady needs a lesson on gratitude.

Members online

Latest posts