Grade TT for '06 GB Packer "rebuilding" year...

Reaction score
Again if Terence Murphy hadn't had a career ending injury, we would have TWO stud wide receivers in Jennings and Murphy to hand our had on, thanks to Ted Thompson.

Not really, if Murphy was still here I'm more than willing to think that TT would have went after another position (D-Line) instead of Jennings...

He was high on Murphy and his speed, and a group of Driver/Ferggy/T-Murph/Martin would have been fine.

To repeat, Jennings was the result of loosing Walker AND Murphy, not just one.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Again if Terence Murphy hadn't had a career ending injury, we would have TWO stud wide receivers in Jennings and Murphy to hand our had on, thanks to Ted Thompson.

Not really, if Murphy was still here I'm more than willing to think that TT would have went after another position (D-Line) instead of Jennings...

He was high on Murphy and his speed, and a group of Driver/Ferggy/T-Murph/Martin would have been fine.

To repeat, Jennings was the result of loosing Walker AND Murphy, not just one.

I'd have to say you are big time wrongski sir. Ted has repeatedly stated he goes after the best player available.

Ted Thompson said:
We do not draft for needs. We draft the best player available. History has shown time and time again that's the only way you do it.

edit, forgot to add the 'e' in quote.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I'm also of the belief, that Ted would've still taken Greg Jennings, even if we had T.Murph around.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted has shown he is smart enough not to fall in the trap of looking at a position of need in the draft.

When you do that you narrow the field from a long list of players to one short list of possibilities at one position. Big difference.

You start doing that and the focus goes to which one of two guys at the top of that short list do you want to pick and ignoring the fact there very well could be 20 other better players your overlooking at other positions.

Pick the best guy you think is left. Regardless of the position. Sooner or later he will contribute at a higher level than some guy you focused on to help right away.

Look at Carroll. We get him because we needed a CB. How many other guys went after him in other positions we could be using right now. A ton.

Sometimes there's a toss up and one happens to be playing a position you can use some help at. Fine. Other than that reaching for a guy because you need help there is way to big of a risk.

It's a big enough crap shoot without narrowing the odds any further and that's what TT is talking about.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts