Grade the draft...

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching Sportscenter and they graded the packers draft a B+ and i totally agreed with that grade, how would you guys grade it?

OP
OP
P

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Grafe the draft...

oops i spelled grade wrong the the post but w/e you know what i mean

*fixed my friend. -Arrow*

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score

B. Because as much as I loved these picks (AJ Hawk, Daryn Colledge, Greg Jennings, Abdul Hodge, Will Blackmon, Ingle Martin & Jason Spitz). I think we could of made some better choices than (Cory Rodgers, Tony Moll, & Johnny Jolly). But besides those picks I loved our draft. Now that I think about it I am glad we didnt get Chad Jackson & Winston Justice. Anyways, overral my grade is B maybe B+ but I think B is about right.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Before someone says "You cant grade the draft for 2 or 3 years." we know.

But on the surface, on appearance, as we look at our needs\weaknesses as a team, how did we do?

B+

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score

B. Because as much as I loved these picks (AJ Hawk, Daryn Colledge, Greg Jennings, Abdul Hodge, Will Blackmon, Ingle Martin & Jason Spitz). I think we could of made some better choices than (Cory Rodgers, Tony Moll, & Johnny Jolly). But besides those picks I loved our draft. Now that I think about it I am glad we didnt get Chad Jackson & Winston Justice. Anyways, overral my grade is B maybe B+ but I think B is about right.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

as for selections...Hodge is rapidly growing on me, I LOVE the Hawk and Colledge picks, and figure one of the wrs will pan out...we addressed some key needs, and brought in some ppl that will really help, and are TRUE football players with some nasty attitudes. How can you argue with that?

High B to low A from me.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd say a B.
We plugged some holes and got some depth.
We also got smarter than the average players who by all appearances are of good character.
I'm happy with this draft plus we have the June 1st cuts coming up that we can use to fill any weaknesses we didn't cover in the draft.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

B+ to A-

Some picks i cant figure out but all the while they way things went i really feel like TT got what he wanted when he wanted. I think we did good ive already made several bets around NC that we will win more than 8 games... thats easy money i think

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well Mel Kiper gave Seattle's draft a better grade than the Jets. Go figure.

Mel thought Day one was an A and Day 2 a C. B overall. Well I think Day 1 is more important to get right.

If you grade Jolly as a poor choice that is fine but he was a late bonus, unexpected pick. Getting extra picks that may add nothing are okay. Once in awhile they do.

If you average the 12 there was overall some lower quality but first 5 picks are the most important and there the Packers scored with great picks. If only 6 of the 12 make the team so be it. The rest are added value!!

I think 8 have a good chance at making the team.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I give it an A

Hawk's play speaks for itself...he will be a friggin beast for the LB core.

Colledge was a great pick to help out the line along with Spitz great picks

Loved the pickup of Jennnings he can be a really good WR I also think Rodgers can be too atleast a decent return man. Loved Blackmon he will be a good addition as a Dime CB or and a back-up. Also can possibly fill in at the WR core if necessary.

HODGE steal of the draft amazing he was at 67. He is better than Greenway, way underrated. Better than Sims in my opinion. I think he was the BEST LB in the draft beside Hawk. Awesome LB core.

Ingle Martin another great pick up. Good punter and an AWESOME combine TOP 5 in nearly all catagories for QB's. He will be a good 3rd String QB and a possible Punter.

Moll and Jolly I thought could be better picks, but I don't know much about them so they can maybe be a suprise.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts