1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Grade Ted Thompson's Performance

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by aaronqb, Aug 17, 2010.

1. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    I think he's doing a good job

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    I give him a B+ he did create this team very well by drafting players which is the way to do it. But i would of liked him to make a couple more moves in free agency that could have helped us a lot

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I give him a "haven't won a ring yet" grade.
    He deserves to continue on his job IMO, but quite simply, there are GMs who have won a ring, and GMs who haven't.

4. LonelyPoet

LonelyPoet Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No Grades

Ted Thompson's strategy of building a young team kept Packers off big success. When there were good players wandering around as free agents this guy was drafting rookies who gets injured on the third game. Packers always had problems with a receiver no real support for Donald Driver after Javon Walker went away. Line Backer does not exist. Nothing done to fix the problems in special teams. Above all that Ted Thompson is the one reason why Brett Favre played for Vikings. The mistakes or wrongs of Ted Thompson is unforgivable. Without Ted Thompson Packers should have had at least two Superbowl Performances with at least one win.:hunter::Arrgghh::spiteful:

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Hi. How are you doing?
    Take it easy, you just hit your head.
    No, this is not 2006. This is 2010.
    Yes. August.
    No, man, I'm not kidding.
    Yes, Fave did screw up once again in a crucial game. No, not the Rams. Not the Ealges. Not the Giants either. This time was the Saints. I know, right? After all that time, one would figure he would've learned by now...

But anyway, can you walk properly? Will you be OK? Great.
    See ya!

6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    LOL, you can only laugh at comments like that...we are on the verge of having dominating consecutive seasons, IMO, and you can thank TT and MM for that...they have the team going in the right direction, and our future is looking brighter then most of the teams in the NFC...Lonely Poet, if you were the GM, you would make Matt Millen look like a genius.

7. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +81
    AAA+

Much better than Goldman-Sachs.

8. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    B

Would like to see some more moves in free agency to bring some more quality free agents who really want to win. Look at Reggie White, he put GB over the top. But I understand why he doesn't. Pros and Cons to free agents. They want an assload of money so you can't take care of the guys who have worked hard for you and deserve money. A lot of free agents are just looking for a payday and have no motivation to work hard after that. And usually free agents are free agents cause the other team decided they were expendable at that point in their careers and didn't work to extend their contract before they get to that point. Very rare to find a free agent like Woodson who can resurrect their game.

btw, I was at the Dallas-Philadelphia game back in the early 90s when Reggie White led the Eagles on an 11 sack spree on Troy Aikman at Texas Stadium. Damn he was impressive in his prime. RIP Reggie.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    No free agent during TT's period has ammounted to a SB ring for his team. Not one that the Packers were coveting, at least (Sharper).

I'm not saying I disagree. I would've liked for TT to be more agressive. But there were no FAs like Reggie out there.

10. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    This is a tough one, it really depends on how you look at it. On one side we can say that Ted has made some great moves and slowly built a very solid team that can possibly contend for years to come. On the other hand, you can simply say that in the 6(?) years TT has been here, we have ONE playoff win. I like to go with the former, and give him a B+. How we fair this season will determine a lot.

11. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    A, no plus because of no ring. He's put together a super bowl caliber team that is also one of the youngest, which means it will be a super bowl caliber team for years to come.

12. jkrelt

jkrelt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I know Rome wasn't built in a day or anything; I understand the idea of recognizing potential talent through the draft. TT has done a A++ job at building a solid core group of players through the draft.

However, I think free agency is a valuable asset to any organization. I think that TT should utilize free agency more to integrate time tested players into the mix RIGHT NOW, as opposed to always building through the draft. A great example of this would be Morgan Burrett. I believe that he will be in the upper eschelon of DBs in the NFL in a few years. He is a good enough prospect to keep any cheesehead happy. However, the Pack have a lot of potential and right now one of the bigger detriments to the team is the thin secondary (especially in the nickel and dime). I like how he kept Tramon Williams, Will Blackmon, and Bigbi on the roster, but why not test the waters with some experience...like Cromartie (Jets), Rogers (Redskins), or at a long shot...Champ Bailey from the Broncos? All I'm saying is there is value to free agency and TT isn't taking enough advantage.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    This is a great read comparing both the Packers' and the Vikings' administrations: Isn’t it nice to cheer for a competent team? « Ol' Bag of Donuts

• Like Like x 2
  14. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    wow i really enjoyed that post and agree with everything in it

15. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    B.

The land of the "A" grade is reserved for champions.

16. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Go Packers

17. John

John Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I give him an "A" as well. I love how he's consistently kept the Packers as one of the youngest teams in the league. He knows when to "hold'em and when to fold'em" so to speak when it comes to players and coaches. He's built a solid young, deep team that can compete for a Super Bowl year in and year out.

18. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    B++

The A range is reserved for ring winners. We win in a couple Sundays, that goes up to an A+.

19. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Agreed. And the depth is amazing too.

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    A based on where we are and how we have plugged in players when others go down.

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
  22. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    A for now. Will hopefully be A+ after next Sunday.

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  24. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    ted thompson gets an A. he didnt get people like cromartie who is on the jets cuz HELLO he is a troublemaker. i believe ted looks at personality as well as desire to win and motivation to learn.

25. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    That is the stupidest site on the internet. Wow, now that is a feat of stupidity.

• Like Like x 1