Grüß Gott

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
My name is Harald and I am from Bavaria, Germany. I am 44 years old and I became a Packers fan at the same moment as I saw my first Lambeau- leap.

I found this forum by googling around.
For a while I posted on "OfficialBrettFavre.com" (a really funny and nice community there), but then, for some reasons (not the members!!), the site lost its magic for me.

I also had a glance on Thefrozentundra, but then I read some disliking posts against Europeans, especially Germans, in one of their boards, so I decided not to introduce myself to them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'm going to have a deeper look at the site and then decide again.

By scrolling across this introduction board I saw some very interesting things.
1. There is at least one other Packers- Fan from Germany, from Hamburg. Now that one is way up north and Bavaria is down south of the country (you know: Munic, leather- pants and dirndl costumes, beer all day, Oktoberfest, Schloß Neuschwanstein, Yodeln, the Alpes etc. etc.).
2. There are fans of rival teams and they and their posts are welcome. That's pretty cool, that's tolerant or even liberal. :thumbsup:
3. I saw that IPBprez is posting here. That was funny, because I saw him on the other two sites too. Hey Tony, is there a packers- forum you don't post on? Amazing! You really love talking Packers? That is supportership at its best.

Now, sorry for my long speech!
I think I will come back, some times posting in words and, because my English is a little rusty, some times in pictures, if you don't mind. It unfortunately will mostly be at times you all are asleep (because of the time- lag).

Have a nice day!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb

Glad to have you on the site. We welcome Packers fans from all over the world here as well as fans of other NFL teams. As long as everyone sticks to football everything seems to flow pretty well around here!

Hope you find yourself a home here and post like crazy (pictures or text!)!

Ryan

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
Hi everybody!
My name is Harald and I am from Bavaria, Germany. I am 44 years old and I became a Packers fan at the same moment as I saw my first Lambeau- leap.

I found this forum by googling around.
For a while I posted on "OfficialBrettFavre.com" (a really funny and nice community there), but then, for some reasons (not the members!!), the site lost its magic for me.

I also had a glance on Thefrozentundra, but then I read some disliking posts against Europeans, especially Germans, in one of their boards, so I decided not to introduce myself to them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'm going to have a deeper look at the site and then decide again.

By scrolling across this introduction board I saw some very interesting things.
1. There is at least one other Packers- Fan from Germany, from Hamburg. Now that one is way up north and Bavaria is down south of the country (you know: Munic, leather- pants and dirndl costumes, beer all day, Oktoberfest, Schloß Neuschwanstein, Yodeln, the Alpes etc. etc.).
2. There are fans of rival teams and they and their posts are welcome. That's pretty cool, that's tolerant or even liberal. :thumbsup:
3. I saw that IPBprez is posting here. That was funny, because I saw him on the other two sites too. Hey Tony, is there a packers- forum you don't post on? Amazing! You really love talking Packers? That is supportership at its best.

Now, sorry for my long speech!
I think I will come back, some times posting in words and, because my English is a little rusty, some times in pictures, if you don't mind. It unfortunately will mostly be at times you all are asleep (because of the time- lag).

Have a nice day!

All right a German. Guten Tag. What is german for welcome?

OP
OP
B

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
All right a German. Guten Tag. What is german for welcome?

Guten Tag or as we prefer in Bavaria "Grüß Gott".
Thanks for your welcome = Willkommen ("herzlich willkommen" if it is an extra warm welcome). You know the movie "(Life is a )Cabaret" with Liza Minelli? She sings as Sally Bowles " Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!..."

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb-A warm Packer fan welcome to a Packer fan from Bavaria from long time (life time) Packer fan from DePere, Wi. located just five miles from historic Lambeau Field. True Packer fans welcome any Packer fan from any location in the world. The Green Bay area has many residents whose ancestors came over to USA from Germany and settled in Wisconsin including my ancestors on both my mother and father side of my family. It is nice to see Football has taken root in all parts of the world. It has been the "only game in town" in Green Bay since 1919 when the Packers were founded as town team by Green Bay native Earl "Curly" Lambeau and is community owned team. (no rich owner in Green Bay) If you have any questions about Green Bay Packers. NFL or Football. We, Packer fans on the Packer Forum will be glad to answer them. Look forward to your postings on the Packer Forum.

OP
OP
B

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
bavpb-A warm Packer fan welcome to a Packer fan from Bavaria from long time (life time) Packer fan from DePere, Wi. located just five miles from historic Lambeau Field. True Packer fans welcome any Packer fan from any location in the world.
Thank you, PWT36 for your warm welcome.

PWT36 said:
The Green Bay area has many residents whose ancestors came over to USA from Germany and settled in Wisconsin including my ancestors on both my mother and father side of my family.
That's interesting. Which part (or city) of Germany were they from? Do you speek German? (Sprichst Du Deutsch?)

PWT36 said:
It is nice to see Football has taken root in all parts of the world. It has been the "only game in town" in Green Bay since 1919 when the Packers were founded as town team by Green Bay native Earl "Curly" Lambeau and is community owned team. (no rich owner in Green Bay) If you have any questions about Green Bay Packers. NFL or Football. We, Packer fans on the Packer Forum will be glad to answer them. Look forward to your postings on the Packer Forum.
After having seen the Lambeau Leap, I tried to get some more information about "my new team". I found out that all but one teams are in the hands of very rich guys who like to play with their teams for several years and then when they get bored (like little children), they sell it for a lot of money.
Thats "real" fanship.

The kind of publicly ownership and the ownership by the fans was step two to make me a Packers fan

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bavpb-Harald -You asked my where my ancestors came from in Germany and if I spoke German There was seach done of my mother's relatives. My Great Great Grandfather was born in Germany in 1820. There is mention of Prussia and farm in Diersheim. I think he might have came over to USA around 1853. I have no information about my father's ancestors except my last name means Helenic region in Germany and it is quite common name in USA. No one in my family spoke German and German was not offered in Green Bay School system during my school years in 40's and 50's. My mother told me, her mother told her that German language was quite difficult to learn, so she never tried to learn German. It is amazing to me that I can sit here behind my computor in DePere, Wi. and correspond with a Packer fan in Bavaria. When I was a young boy growing up in Green Bay in 40's and 50's, most Packer fans were from Green Bay and Wisconsin and the team was playing before crowds of 15,000 to 24,500 in a old wooden City Stadium in back of my High School-Green Bay East. Now over 70,000 Packer fans attend Packer games in a modern Lambeau Field. This longtome Packer fan would like to suggest you come over to USA and attend a Green Bay Packer at Lambeau Field . You will find Green Bay a very friendly place, especially to Packer fans from overseas. If you need any information about Green Bay, Packers, or a trip here, I will help. You can private message me if you wish.Private message (pm) is a procedure available on this Packer forum. It is a hobby of mine giving information to Packer fans who need information or help coming to Green Bay especially for the first time. PWT36(Phil)

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Willkommen.

Ich bin gakk! Das Forum hier ist grossartig, und wir wünschen alle Nationalitäten willkommen :D

Ich beklage für meine slechte Deutsch, der nicht alt ist :p

OP
OP
B

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Willkommen.

Ich bin gakk! Das Forum hier ist grossartig, und wir wünschen alle Nationalitäten willkommen :D

Ich beklage für meine slechte Deutsch, der nicht alt ist :p

Wow, a german welcome on an american forum!! :shock: :D Hi Gakk, thank you for your welcome.
Sorry that my answer is in english, but the only words I know in norwegian language are "god dag", "takk" and the urban "skâl". :pals:

Yes, you are right, the forum is great. I'm learning a lot about football. Allthough most teams of the NFLE are located in Germany, we don't have american- football- news on TV (except Pay- TV) or in the newspapers. Even the World Bowl and the Super Bowl are only worth a footnote in the free media. :cry:
So the internet is the main pool of information for me and I'm happy I found this forum.
I'm looking forward to mainly reading and posting from time to time.
Btw. Your German is really good. Where did you learn it? :thumbsup:

Harald

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts