1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GPA

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by thetombradyhater, Jul 12, 2006.

1. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I was wondering how you translate a % average to GPA. I have roughly a 92 or so average what is that about in GPA? I want to know if I am going to be able to get into a good school or if I am going to have to work my @$$ of next year so I don't have to go to a crap schoool...

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Depends on how your school's grades breakdown. Sounds like an A- which might translate into a 3.5 +/-.

I will give you some advice from an old codger. Work your a$$ off no matter what your GPA is. My daughter will be a senior in college next year and my son will be an incoming freshman in college, so I have been through the college search twice in the past 4 years. It is unbelievably competitive. Especially if you are looking at topflight schools. They get about 20,000 apps for a couple thousand spots and there isn't much difference between everybody's numbers. They will look for a weakness to throw your app out. They have to.....it's just so damn competitive.

Good luck, take an SAT review course and work hard. It will all work out.

3. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not looking into getting into Duke or anything but I don't want to go to a Community College something inbetween like Syracuse

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Syracuse and any legit University will be competitive. It's a numbers game. Do alot of extracurricular things, sports, music, volunteer anything you can add to your application will help especially if you take a leadership role. If you play sports try to be the captain. If you are into the band try to be in a leadership role etc. Good luck.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and blackmail people in power

6. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    Tromadz's solution to everything

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    how do you think AADPs "trom will be banned" declaration didnt hold up?

Pictures of people with no pants on, with a zebra in the same room...can do powerful things.

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with DePack. Tehre are tons of sample SATs you can take, make sure you take them. They REALLY prepare you a ton.

Also, try to get a good position in the real world. Try to find work in something that is valuable, like intern at a law firm, or a doctors office, etc.

Are you also going for scholarships?

9. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    going to a good community college & then transferring is nothing to be ashamed of.

of course, i'm from podunkville where almost everyone does that. when you live in a small town, nobody looks at where you went to college, just that you graduated & have a degree. in fact, even if the degree isn't remotely related to the job you're wanting, they still don't care.
    amazing, huh??

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    HEY! Me and the zebra are JUST FRIENDS!!! (Oh.....wait........I don't think he was talking about me!) :lol:

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    ITT Tech GPA goes likes this.
    • A 4.0

B+ 3.5
      B 3.0

C+ 2.5
      C 2.0

D+ 1.5
      D 1.0

F 0.0

After over a year I'm down to a 2.67 GPA :(

12. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quit posting so much and do some school work! Just think if you studied instead of posting each of those 5700 times. You would be on the dean's list. :D

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I wish it was that simple lol ... most of my posts come from breaks in class or at work. 8)

14. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    you still have class now?

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Of course. All year round for two straight years.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    well, just work your *** off, but make sure to not be a loser either. there's a lot to be said about how you handle yourself and deal with social interaction. take it from me, i graduated with two degrees, Religion and Philosophy, and you will come across more than your share of academic know-nothings who hole up and make it their life's work to fool people into thinking they are intelligent and important. these people are the scourge of the earth as far as I'm concerned. do your best to make yourself stand out. ACT or SAT scores are the important things insofar as a prospective school getting a first look at you, then it's up to you to "sell yourself". Make them fall in love with you. This is how you get them to beg you to come to their school and have different schools start fighting over you. that's where the FREE TUITION kicks in. and as far as GPA is concerned, don't worry about it so much. The only important thing about GPA is to keep it high enough where you don't start losing scholarship money. WHEW!!!!

17. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    couldn't agree with ya more on alot of those points, bozz. you DID forget to mention one thing though - he's got a penis & really, in the end, that's all that matters to the corporate world!!!!

signed,
    one seriously jaded & relatively intelligent chick... :)

18. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    she managed to get a penis in the GPA thread...impressive.

sorry, there was no possible way of wording that without it coming out wrong.

19. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    tee hee!! :) i was trying to think of another word to call it but...uh, i um, uh...couldn't. :)

20. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    anybody see that movie Liar Liar? :lol: