goto NFL.COM right now!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nfl.com has a video of packers camp on the right side(video stuff)

but it has a clip of Favre Pantsing(de-pantsing?) Mark tauscher in practice. Favre, the practical joker.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was neat!
Was it just me........or did Carrol sound like he has a mouth full of marbles when he talks???

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tausch is the man... and i love that our 36 year old hall of famer QB is out shanking his offensive lineman.... who is that guy with the glasses... i think he used to play here...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Northern California there are accent here from around the world.
I have had to deal with a lot of poor English.
The Ahmad Carroll portion of the video was painful.

His articulaton is horrible but when combined with inadquate grammar could can lead to fatal consequences.

I can't imagine trying to communicate with him at a construction site, nuclear power plant, war zone, emergency room, or as a 911 operator.

Reaction score
Cali, I didn't think it was bad. I've groun up in New York, Toronto, and spent time in Asia, so maybe that is why I didn't it was bad. I had no trouble understanding it.

Carroll speaks with a southern accent, and the fact is many people speak that way. It is slang and slurring words together, often found in rap. It is slang that some of my friends use, so maybe for those reasons I don't find it as obvious. It's just something if you get used to, you really can't tell the difference nor do you really care that much. We are all unique, and if thats the way Carroll talks becase of his upbringing, I am fine with it. :)

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
nfl.com has a video of packers camp on the right side(video stuff)

but it has a clip of Favre Pantsing(de-pantsing?) Mark tauscher in practice. Favre, the practical joker.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I will have to check that out. Thanks.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Cali, I didn't think it was bad. I've groun up in New York, Toronto, and spent time in Asia, so maybe that is why I didn't it was bad. I had no trouble understanding it.

Carroll speaks with a southern accent, and the fact is many people speak that way. It is slang and slurring words together, often found in rap. It is slang that some of my friends use, so maybe for those reasons I don't find it as obvious. It's just something if you get used to, you really can't tell the difference nor do you really care that much. We are all unique, and if thats the way Carroll talks becase of his upbringing, I am fine with it. :)

Most of it i could follow......but then he lost me, and i had NO idea what he was saying. I know in different places they talk different........i was just wondering if anyone else had the trouble understanding him as i did. I have been down south several times, and for the most part understood the people. I honestly don't know where he is from. I'm sure thats the "norm" there. When i was down south, some of the people there had trouble understanding me. They said "You must be one of them damn Yankees! You talk too fast! Us good ol' boys can't understand ya!"

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear I think the press interviews this guy every day just so us fans get sick of hearing him. At the Packers site, within the multimedia portion, they have him almost all the time. In L.A. we have every accent within this great world of ours, and regardless of dialect, he is not a bright man. Most likely a communications major in college. Thank god he came out of school early, because I'd be embarrassed for the school that gave him a degree.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
cheesey said:
They said "You must be one of them damn Yankees! You talk too fast! Us good ol' boys can't understand ya!"

Did you try putting your dentures back into your mouth? :p

if you were one of my close personal friends, Cheesey, i would make a comment about pulling the diçk out of your mouth so we could understand you better, but you're not, so i won't!

Members online

Latest posts