1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Google wants you!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Sep 29, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hm, zero go for it. :thumbsup:

2. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, you work in a huge IT setting (or so you say :p), how hard is it to get such jobs in huge settled companies?

I heard from a person that his friend had a killer GPA (like .001-.003 off 4.0) and actually got called back for 4 rounds of interviews and still didn't get a job.

I'm curious about this sort of stuff because up until a couple of years ago, I was dead set on getting into IT, I had a killer passion for computers. Of course now it has changed now, but kind of always wonder "what if" I'd still had a plan for IT, how hard would it be to get a job, etc.?

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    My IT setting is not quite the size of Google, that's for sure. I have about 150 users in our home office and 4-5 regional offices of 20-30 users. I once interviewed for a company that does Military Contracting (a lot at Ouffit here in Omaha/Bellevue, NE) and had 4 interviews, it was down to myself and another guy. He got it as he had more experience with 5000-10000+ node networks, but I was in the running until the end!

I have a couple friends up in the cities (Minneapolis/St Paul) that said the IT market up there is booming. There are countless open positions, yet they never get back to me with any good postings so who knows. The lead developer here at work and myself just read the top "10" cities for IT the other day, I will have to see if I can get that link from him. I know Chicago and Minneapolis were pretty high up on the list.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    thanks for the vote of confidence but just ask Ryan, he knows how useless i am and how i dont know anything about this kind of stuff ;) hes the genius not me

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Pretty much summed it up there.

<evil laugh> Bah ha ha ha </evil laugh>

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  7. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I'll confess, I was looking for a medium to get zero to spend less time on the site. :wink: :lol:

8. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope you don't Mind me asking in general terms, is the pay scale for IT decent compared to the work and possible hassle that comes with the job, and usually how many years of education before you'd have a solid chance at landing a good job?

9. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    You know whats funny, I just realized when I was an intern at Volkswagen/Audi that our computer network guru/maintainence guy was also named Ryan. Nice fellow he was too!

Too bad not all people named Ryan are as nice as him (or smart)... :wink: :lol:

10. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Banned.