1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Google to buy youtube.com

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    SOURCE CNN.COM

2. packinducks76

packinducks76 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't read the article but what I heard was 1.2 billion, which is just astronomical to me. I mean YouTube doesn't have that much advertising on it, and I'm only assuming that Google will take it off the web in hopes of making their Google Video the most well known general video site out there. It's unfortunate because I absolutly love the concept of YouTube in how it's just everyday people being able to be creative through video and share it with the world. I hope that if Google does drop the axe on YouTube that they kind of follow in the websites footsteps in allowing people to post their creations.

I also almost bought a Forbes magazine because they had an article about YouTube and I was wondering if anyone had read it.

3. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I agree. They wanted their own version of video hosting to rule and the public chose youtube instead. Buy them out and create a monopoly.

4. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

5. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They have probably planned the merge the two combining their best features into googletube or something

6. packinducks76

packinducks76 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha GoogleTube, that's an awesome name

7. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    The NFL asked You Tube to remove over 3,500 videos containing NFL material from their site, which they promptly did. There was some great and hard to find clips there like Jim Brown, Gale Sayers and Earl Campbell.
    Of course the NFL does not post any of this stuff on their very own site so now a big chunk of the leagues history disappears from the public's eye again.

Why do they want to hide that away from the newer fans that may not know the history of the game?

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Because they can't make any direct profit off of it.