Goodbye to Charles Woodson?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chill out rodell. This thread is in response to a published article.

Your statement seems to imply that Woodson is still playing at his DPOY level - playing all over the field and being an offensive coordinator's nightmare. He's not, but he doesn't suck either. The reality is that this comes down to performance first and foremost, then age, durability, Woodson's salary, and the salary cap. If he plays up to a level that deserves $9 or $10 million next season then I bet everyone here would be in favor of it. If not, there are undeniable reasons to question his value.

Let us not forget that with the exception of Driver, TT has been willing to cut the cord with cherished veterans when their age/skill/injuries/cap have merited a different direction. You could start the list with Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle, add in a few others here and there, and certainly cap it with Favre.

I know what it's in response to:cautious:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take Tramon Williams over Woodson for sure based on pure talent. Williams can actually shut down WR's - see Brandon Marshall - whereas Woodson can't anymore. And then, based on Woodson's declining play and the improved play by younger and cheaper players, I'd rather have our trio of Shields, Hayward, and House over Woodson. Now, with that being said, I think Woodson could be a good safety based on his smarts. So, I think Woodson is better than what we have at those spots.

You forgot to add he "shut down" Marshall with help over the top the entire night.... oh and the part where Marshall dropped a wide open touchdown pass. Woodson can still make plays all over the field and that hasn't changed, so until i see that i'll take the ladder.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he takes a paycut, I don't see him coming back. Jennings and/or McMillian need to step up. Packers have a lot of young talent waiting to be paid. That is their biggest problem long term.

Members online